It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Exec Refuses To Comment On Video Exposing Mystery Aviation Technology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Penroc, this is very dated opinion. As much as it pains me to say it, China have far more than a nuclear arsenal and gone are the days of China just copying everyone else. I was in Beijing with the foreign office 5 years ago and in a UK gov led briefing we were told that for the first time ever, China had filed more patent infringement lawsuits against other countries than other countries had against them. China is an innovation powerhouse, with the resource knowledge and single minded determination to succeed.

www.thedrive.com...

Also, the very fact that China have such a small nuclear arsenal is irrelevant when you can deliver it via hypersonic delivery platforms....200 nukes is still 200 nukes.....there's no winner..both sides no this.

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Woody510

all they have is nuclear weapons that could hit the US.

China is a paper dragon otherwise they would make good on their threats.

China has not demonstrated to the world they are capable of anything other than building fancy models and vapor wear.

how do you think China would beat America and all our friends? they wouldnt dare use nukes because they know they would be coming right back at them.

so what conventional force of China could Crush a unified NATO front?

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws
I agree there is no time to lose now for USA if they want to stay ahead , China is running very fast in , aerospace technology.

edit on 18-10-2021 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Im willing to bet there are things under wraps that China can only dream about.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

all nuclear ICBM's are hypersonic weapons(Mach 20 in space) and well p0ast the hypersonic range when in comes down.

We work with Israel on missile defense and the Iron Dome system and their newer system have and almost perfect intercept rate.

for sure a good number of warhead would get past the 'net' but it would be much less than with out all those layers of defense

but the reprisal for such an attack would start WWIII and after china blows their nuclear load what do they have? a huge army with ZERO battles under their belt and no recent military actions against a near peer state.

If China went to war with NATO i think Chinas friends would stay out of it due to the risk of getting targeted as well..

there are so many PAC3 and THADD and SM3's in the area of China that they would be able to take a lot of them out.

and you can bet your bottom dollar we have the same type of defenses in Americas main land, and not just in Alaska

after the dust settled and assets moved into place china would know that it was about to get hammered back into the stone age

i too spent time (for school) in China and i worked in a military hospital so i know all about their system and how delusional they are, some of the most unprofessional doctors and staff let alone the military people i interacted with.

at this point china is more a regional threat that a world power, out side of the tier 1,2 cities and you get to the 3ed tier cities and the country side it turns into a 3ed world country REALLLLLLY fast.

that being said the folks in the country side other than the old uncles are great people.

a war with China would have a larger effect on the region than America, i would be more worried if i was in Japan(China still holds a grudge) or Taiwan

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Most of those missile defense systems, including Iron Dome and SM-3 are NOT capable of stopping an ICBM. They're designed for theater and medium range missiles, not all up ICBMs. GBI is currently the only system capable of that, and that's only in the midcourse phase of flight.
edit on 10/18/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

but PAC3 and THADD batteries are in the Asian theater as well as the SM3

i think that we would have to wait until the warheads were endoatmospheric so that way all the decoys burn off.

do you think that we would arm a SM3 with a nuclear warhead(it has that capability) to take out a large number of exo atmospheric targets?

i think that enhanced radiation warheads would be pretty effective against lightly shielded warheads.

The Russians i THINK still have Moscow surrounded by nuclear tipped ABM systems, at least they did at one point.

And do you think that we would hit the mountain bunkers with RNEP? there are for sure a few of them hanging around.

assuming their missiles have 3 mirvs each and they get 75 missiles out that's only 225 warheads.

if we take out 3/4 of them that is 57 warheads that get past the net assuming they all work most of them will be aimed at our missile fields and air fields and carrier groups.

and we will haven't seen ANY proof they have a reasonable CEP. so i think a lot of them would miss their targets and after they launch what they have the IUS would glass ALL of their military instillations if they nuked the US mainland
'

the real ones at risk from Chinas nukes are Japan, Korea, India and Taiwan so that means Chinas 57 warheads have a lot of targets and a lot of them aren't on the US main land.

still a ton of damage and a huge loss of life but definitely not the end of the US and for sure not the end of our military

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

All three of which are facing medium range missiles and cruise missiles, not ICBMs. The SM-3 is not nuclear capable. It carries a kinetic impact vehicle known as LEAP. The Aegis BMD system, that uses the SM-3 and SM-6 is designed for the post boost, and intermediate phase of flight for short and intermediate range missiles, not reentry. THAAD and PAC-3 can hit during reentry, but again, only short and intermediate range missiles.

The SBX and other radars have the ability to determine which are decoys and which aren't. All the GBI and other tests of anti ICBM systems are in the midcourse phase of flight when the intercept occurs.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

i was thinking of the rim 67

and here is and aBC link to a SM3 intercepting a ICBM

link

what actions do you think the US would take if China nuked Guam or japan or even us?

i guess the point i was making is that depending where they launch from we could hit the mountain storage sites with something like a PGS weapon and seeing as Taiwan is SO close to China plus our boats and Japans missile boats we could hit alot of their missiles

I HEARD of a decoy that is made out of the same reentry body without all the explosives and nuclear material and even Mylar balloons that expand and heat up and are doped with isotopes to give off a signature that is very close to the real thing to the point they can fool the IR seekers in the terminal phase of the impactors flight

And i have to wonder how shielded the Chinese are against a directed emp, having a few CHAMP cruise missiles flying super low frying all the electronics would do just fine.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The successful intercept marked the first time that a target ICBM had been intercepted by a ship-launched interceptor missile.

The Aegis system will eventually be able to intercept an ICBM. November of 2020 was the first attempted intercept of one. They won't be ready to intercept them for several more years at least.

The only way we could hit there missiles would be to have boats close enough to hit them in the boost phase when they're still slow, unless we want to launch a preemptive strike on them.

If they nuke Guam, they're going to go all in and hit everything. Standard US response is like for like. So we'd hit them pretty hard in that case.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

it also helped we knew EXACTLY where the failing satellite would be but it is still impressive hitting it from a moving boat.

China has never forgiven Japan for WWII and Unit 731's ......activites...... there was a 'doctor' and i use that term loosely that was still alive a few years back that was part of 731 and he called the people the experimented on 'logs'.

the dropped clay bomblets filled with plague ticks in Manchuria and did things i cant even type here due to T&C's at the units base.

it made the death camps look humane

China has nukes but so does everyone else pretty much, what worries me is their attatude towards non Han Chinese people as less than and African people as non human almost to the point it wouldnt shock me to see China use advanced bio weapons.

In South Africa during the white rule they had a weapons program that could target people of a certain skin color and leave everybody else untouched and that was in the 80's and now we are hearing they were doing the same thing in china, scary times indeed.

Cold war 2.0 i feel is well under way at this point

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

i know its bad form i sent you a simi important PM

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join