It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Exec Refuses To Comment On Video Exposing Mystery Aviation Technology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do you think that the privatization of military development that isn't subject to FOIA is a good thing for the US?

i worry about 'multi national' interests getting their grubby paws on it

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

i worry about 'multi national' interests getting their grubby paws on it

*Boeing and British Aerospace are bemused*

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghoul
a reply to: Soloprotocol

# I thought it was the aurora black manta antigravity companion aircraft :/ My bad lol.

What?, that old thing. lol
edit on 15-10-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Why in God's name should ANY classified program be subject to FOIA? That's what most of these companies are working on lately. Why would you want some random person to be able to FOIA what they're doing?
edit on 10/15/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i guess the point i was making is that some of these contractors have their own small airforces if they so chose

and some of the TOP SECRET stuff some of it should make it to the public sector instead of staying classified.

I think as tax payers we are owed an answer to where our money is going.

if a platform is no longer in use or a aircraft one of was made i think we should be able to see it after a period of time say 30 years.

Most contractors are essently arms of the government, and they have hidden tech and are using tech that should be in the public sector.

i guess its more a question of accountability.

random?
also was isinglass part of the Convair fish program

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Hey dude. Its almost certainly just a 'shell' used to test its radar signature. However the shell does tell us quite a bit.

This IS most likely how the aircraft would look in its functional form. Any tests would be useless if they tested something else. Therefore, given it has no cockpit its a drone.

The aircraft is NOT upside down in the picture.

The shell is most likely made out of the material they intend to make the functional craft out of, or an experimental version of whatever alloy/composite it is. The material is just as important if not more important than the shape.

But this is clearly in testing phase, and the aerospace industry understandably goes through many many iterations when designing an aircraft. This plane could be years and years away from operation, and the end result could look quite different.

Testing is all about pushing the boundaries, so to me at least the shape of this craft isn't that radical particularly when you consider its at a radar signature test area. Definitely 'futuristic', and looks damn cool, but the industry is full of very very smart star trek fans, and hats off to them if they can make something that looks this dope to actually work.
edit on 10/16/21 by AverageWang because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

There’s a lot of reasons of why an aircraft or program remains classified. The most obvious reason is if the enemy doesn’t know about something, they can’t start to develop a countermeasure... so you keep the advantage.
Also some aicraft or programs, just by their existance or mission might be a violation of some treaty.
Also if I’m not mistaken the declassification process takes time and cost a lot of money, so I’m not sure it would be useful to do that « effort » to not even get an advantage from it.
I mean yes I would also like to see some of the stuff, but I actually prefer our side to keep the advantage even if it means i can’t see everything. Cause I don’t want china or any other threat to have any advantage.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul

aircraft that are over 30 years old that are no longer in active service should be the property of the public.

we paid for it.

i don't think the new and up and coming stuff should be made public, but there are technologies that are tied up in contractors(who don't need classifications) and than the military(who does), if the military came up with something with public money and it is no longer in use but could change an industry makes ZERO sense to me

after the military the civilian market is THE biggest market in the world(obviously) and it should be seeded to the public

The really funny part about classified programs the irony is that the Russians and Chinese more than likely know WAY more about CURRENT top secret aircraft. So if out so called enemy's can have pictures who are they hiding it from?

do you think it would be better for China to sell our own IP back to us because they got their hands on people or documents or for America to recoup some of the costs developing these programs could happen if they released some of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How many USAF Black programs are running now ? in term of platforms

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well not necesserarily for the reasons I mentionned before. Showing even 30 years old (or more) design can show a tedency and we can draw conclusion on why the design was like that etc...
Keep in mind that the F-117 wasn't meant to be declassified, they made it public when it required daylight training. And the A-12 was kept secret for a long time even if the SR-71 was flying, if the air force didn't wanted the blackbird... maybe we would have never heard about the A-12.

Well... if the chinese, russians or whatever knew about US classified airframe.. why don't they release any information to the public ? It would be a great opportunity for them to show they can have access to classified western information and a great communication propaganda. But yet they never released anything lol. And when they're making/copying aircraft, it's almost always based on design already known in the western inventory.
I'm just doubtful cause if I would be an enemy of the US, I'd be pretty happy to expose their secret.

That being said, I agree that if some of those technology would be accessible to the civlian world, I'm sure it would be very beneficial. But in some ways maybe we are slowly getting them in the public, for example the quiet boom technology. We know it was probably in the black world for quite some time now but with the X-59 getting in shape, it might become applicable in the public.
But one technology that I would love to see being applied in civlian aviation is the neural net, but that's another subject lol.
edit on 1012021000000Saturday by Ghoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
knowing how something is put together doesnt mean you can replicate the manufacturing techniques.

The FSB and the CCP have entire arms of their government trying to find these secrets or buy them.

A Chinese American nuclear scientist gave some of the most guarded nuclear secrets regarding are newest warheads to China.

If some of the things i have seen flying around really do belong to the US the war is already over.

To bad China is such a powder keg, i would love to go to the coasts and look for highflying fast us air craft.

there is at least ONE system that is older that could overfly China or even skirt the boarders and it would be untouchable.

the so called orange fast mover

eta

never underestimate peoples greed to overcome their conscience
edit on 16-10-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I know and those spying cases are known, I think there was also a guy working on the B2 who sold informations to the chinese and got in jail for that.

Yes there's probably weapon and assets that should be used only in last ressort. Let's hope they will never be used tho.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
knowing how something is put together doesnt mean you can replicate the manufacturing techniques.

The FSB and the CCP have entire arms of their government trying to find these secrets or buy them.

A Chinese American nuclear scientist gave some of the most guarded nuclear secrets regarding are newest warheads to China.

If some of the things i have seen flying around really do belong to the US the war is already over.

To bad China is such a powder keg, i would love to go to the coasts and look for highflying fast us air craft.

there is at least ONE system that is older that could overfly China or even skirt the boarders and it would be untouchable.

the so called orange fast mover

eta

never underestimate peoples greed to overcome their conscience

You can't say the war is already over because you saw some light flying over. I think you're being very naive and underestimating China and their capabilities.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

i don't under estimate China and i don't think our contractors do either

but something flying over US airspace would not be anything related to a Chinese drone or high speed ISR platform, we would shoot it down, not like China can get upset about it.

China has a HUGE military but the thing is they are undisciplined and untested, if what they did ion the Indian border is a sample of how they operate than China needs some serious changes to how they run their military.

if we used all the B1's, B2's, B52's and our missile boats we could desimate ALL of china's bases and supply chain and defenses from 100's of miles outside their boarder.

there are other platforms that if they were equipped with nuclear weapons one of them could do ALOT of damage before it gets shot down.

If the US started dropping MIRV's from orbit on large formations of Chinese troops and the islands they built China MIGHT respond by trying to take out our carriers and Guam but by that time their long range capabilities would be handicaped or frozen.

having missile destroyers off the coast and the GBI's around the world and whatever else we have that is top secret the few 100 missiles china has would be taken out or at least most of them

we would for sure get a bloody nose but China and the Chinese people don't have the will to fight. I have been to China and seen the military there and they were some of the most unprofessional men in uniform i have ever seen.

Do you think if China attacked Guam or a carrier group that we wouldnt hit them with pretty much everything we have?

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Are you sure ? www.thedrive.com...
It is time to USA to stop sleeping about hypersonic technology, all of the ancient program like Darpa Falcon, htv-2 , HTV-3X , combined cycle technology, never had the support they need at the time and now China is taking the leadership in hypersonic. USA stay too much on stealth with the billions in F-35 and slow stealth platform and don't believe in high speed of orbital platforms , soon it will be too late.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
China have the capabilities to strike any country on this planet and could cause a lot more than a bloody nose.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

all they have is nuclear weapons that could hit the US.

and we all know what happens when someone nukes someone else with way more nukes.

As America was burning the people would demand china goes away, and they would.

how do you think China is going to land troops in America?

PAC3 and other GBI type missiles would make short work of their missiles, sure some would get past the batteries on japan and Korea but then they have to get past all the missile boats with SM3's and if they got closer we have the GBI's in Alaska and your crazy if you don't think we have ABM capabilities ready to go on the main land.

as soon as ANYTHING leaves china's airspace they will be targeted and shot down.

China knows if they start something with America it will go nuclear and they wont win.

why do you think they have left Japan and Taiwan alone?

besides if China does declarer war on America it would not just be America vs China there would be ALOT of NATO forces coming to our aid and we than get the benefits of all their ABM stuff.

China is a paper dragon otherwise they would make good on their threats.

China has not demonstrated to the world they are capable of anything other than building fancy models and vapor wear.

how do you think China would beat America and all our friends? they wouldnt dare use nukes because they know they would be coming right back at them.

so what conventional force of China could Crush a unified NATO front?

edit on 17-10-2021 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Violater1

Also we have to wonder if it is a 1:1 scale

funny some one in that thread to flip it right side up.

Yep, this one?

Except for the air intake and pseudo-cockpit canopy, looks kind of like,

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
To small , to be 1.1 it is 8/9 meters in lenght impossible to be a high performance UCAV with a weapon power capacity.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Looks like the hump between engine nacelles...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join