It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Encourage willingness" by draconian measures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When I hear of draconian measures to "encourage willingness" among the dirties to vaccinate by taking our rights away and making normal life difficult to impossible, that's not "encouraging willingness"...

It is enforcement through oppression, designed to break you and coerce you into a decision that you would not have made otherwise

Can we be # honest about that at least on ATS?

edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: typo in title

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Exactly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They're just trying to help you through your "hesitancy" phase to the correct decision. Can't get more altruistic than that.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
They're just trying to help you through your "hesitancy" phase to the correct decision. Can't get more altruistic than that.

"In order to heighten your moral to our standards, we offer you 100€ as an incentive to overthink your position in an educated manner."

"You can go working (or soon not) but you can't go swimming lessons with your kid(s)."

I like to see our resident pro vac enforcers trying hard to straw-man and goalpost their logic into this thread. By all means, stand your ground, pro vac enforcers. Let's see what material you are really made of.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
When I hear of draconian measures to "encourage willingness" among the dirties to vaccinate by taking our rights away and making normal life difficult to impossible, that's not "encouraging willingness"...

It is enforcement through oppression, designed to break you and coerce you into a decision that you would not have made otherwise

Can we be # honest about that at least on ATS?

I agree with much of what you posted. The only place we may differ, is where coercion starts and stops. At some point with enough whipping and stirring, milk becomes butter.

Coercion is a tactic used to manipulate you into doing the bidding of another. If they are successful, and you do what you did not want to do, you did it by consent. "Agreeing" to do so, is consent. At that point the blame shifts totally to you.

Many think that they are blameless, and shifts the blame to the entity that tempted them. It may make them feel better about complying, but the choice remained theirs. No excuse for why they complied, will change the fact that they are the one that agreed to the price.

The only people that are blameless are those that refused to comply, and were held down and physically injected against their will. Saying "I will not comply", but complying when made an offer they could refuse, is the same as complying. Simply put, the moment you give in to the coercion it become acquiescence.

My opinion.

edit on 30-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
C'mon man! We need you.
If you comply, there's a good chance you'll be able to have a cookout in your back yard! Who could refuse that?

"That doesn't mean large events", said Biden.

Lolapalooza, Chicago July 2021

edit on 30-9-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't disagree a lot with what you wrote either. Our both posts do not collide as you shone a light on the coercing mechanism. Yes at the very end, it can be seen as consent. Giving up is giving consent, no argument here.

The difference lies in the ways to drive/coerce someone to give up and give consent. It might be a polarizing example but compare it to someone being held hostage until the hostage does what the enforcer wants, without the need to apply further force or coercion beyond the point of agreeing to the deal.

"Do what I say and you will be unharmed and free." The victim will internally consent to the rules it can not bend anyways, in order to get back what was taken from them (rights, freedom, money..). The definition of coercion.

In a twisted way, this can be construed as consent. Not saying you are twisted or were advocating this, just having trouble bringing up a good example to get my point across there is a fine line and consent always needs to be derived from a free decision, not through a guided and controlled environment the one giving consent, has no control about.

Late add:

I am not native English tongue but this is what dictionaries tell me
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Coercion
The intimidation of a victim to compel the individual to do some act against his or her will by the use of psychological pressure, physical force, or threats. The crime of intentionally and unlawfully restraining another's freedom by threatening to commit a crime, accusing the victim of a crime, disclosing any secret that would seriously impair the victim's reputation in the community, or by performing or refusing to perform an official action lawfully requested by the victim, or by causing an official to do so.

These two sentences are separate, the whole paragraph does not need to be fulfilled by the act, only one of the two sentences needs to fit. The way I understand it's written, but I may be wrong.
edit on 30.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I suppose the upside to Covid is the unmasking of the tyrants, grifters, and mentally infirm.

Now we undoubtedly know who most of them are.
edit on 30-9-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Some of us chose when it was still a choice. Where do we stand? I had no idea when I decided that this is actually where we would get to.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I am not denying that coercion, manipulation, even punishment, are very effective tools used to make one comply.

I am mainly speaking to the point that when people comply, with the excuse they had no choice, that it is a disingenuous statement. One usually made to make one feel better about the choice they eventually made. If chosen under duress, it was still a choice.

You are quite correct that the methods often used can be draconian. The more you make a person think they are going to lose, the more likely they are to comply. Fear is a powerful motivator, when trying to get people to comply, and it strikes both ways.

While there are a ton of effective ways to motivate a person to acquiesce, conviction comes with very few motivators. Anger, fear, and love, seem to be the most powerful.

Many believe it takes courage to remain strong in your convictions. I believe it is fear that is the primary force at play. A fear of losing something more valuable than you own life.
edit on 30-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Coercion is a tactic used to manipulate you into doing the bidding of another. If they are successful, and you do what you did not want to do, you did it by consent. "Agreeing" to do so, is consent. At that point the blame shifts totally to you.

Which is also a good argument against the use of boycotts.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been screaming this since March 2019, when they said that face muzzles, anti-social distancing and mass house arrests were going to "flatten the curve."

Most people shouted me down. The disturbing thing is that most of this people would still shout me down if I said anything to them. I don't care anymore. I've finally acquiesced to the adage "stupid is as stupid does."

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If someone-usually a woman,but it can also apply to a man-is in what is considered to be a coercive relationship,then that is (rightly)considered to be a bad thing done by a cruel or controlling partner.

Yet when the government spends untold millions on a country wide scheme of coercion including the seggregation of and discrimination against people who will not do as they are told-we are told to think this is fine.

It is not fine.
It is a slippery slope towards a society where personal freedom and informed consent are replaced by pressure to behave in a certain way in order to be allowed to partake in society.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am mainly speaking to the point that when people comply, with the excuse they had no choice, that it is a disingenuous statement.

Yes it is disingenuous and a bit "push-overly". But where do we draw the line?

At the point we can't buy food for us or our children anymore? Or at the point where the children face future problems because they were denied basic experiences? Like going to a swimming pool and learn swimming. Or visiting friends and such.

These thumb screws are everywhere and tightened one after another until the last one is reached and then it repeats with another turn. So while I will resist until the very end, wherever that may be, I try not to judge others because their personal circumstances are not always known or visible to me.

It feels like a let down though, if cheap excuses are used like "I want to see a cinema movie again", in contrast to such a medical decision. Or even money.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I saw a post of yours many moons ago about that topic and you are, until this day, the only one I know that openly states they at least partly regret the decision and wrote about it. Something, not that you would need to care, I value very strongly.

If I understood it correctly back then, if not, I did not want to put words in your mouth.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here hear. It is enforcement based on deeply flawed $cience which has been politicized to death, both literally and figuratively. It is selective enforcement in which politicians have repeatedly and blatantly ignored their own mandates. It is enforcement which requires the censoring of free discussion and the blanket deletion of social media accounts and any reporting which does not adhere to the narrative. The lies, deception, fraud, and fear mongering have been nonstop, 24/7, for 20+ months now.

To put it bluntly: it's total bullsnip.

Untested vaccines utilizing untested mRNA tech on an unsuspecting populace which has been coerced into being test subjects without being made aware of the potential ramifications of that decision.

Dishearteningly: it has been welcomed by a large section of the population without question. Even celebrated. Many people have been conditioned to trust authority, and they do so blindly and without consideration to the broader implications.

We as a people get the government we deserve. Certain individuals among us have warned about these things coming to pass, and have done what we can do share our message and vision with others, but many among us have walked the path to subjugation without considering the consequences, and others still have kept their mouth shut for fear of being deemed an outcast or pariah.

We find ourselves at a crossroad. Where do we go from here?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some of us chose when it was still a choice. Where do we stand? I had no idea when I decided that this is actually where we would get to.

I get it and I am not pointing fingers. As hard as it may be for some to admit, we all have our price. I used to end that with, I hope the time will never comes when we have to find out what that price is.

I don't say that anymore, because a lot of people have found that price, and either willing paid it, or paid it under duress.

Unfortunately, I was not blindsided by where we are presently. It is not the first time I have had to stand alone against TPTB. The first time I had to take a stand against a greedy hospital, with unfair and potentially deadly labor practices. It cost me my job, but I quickly found another. I was much happier in the new job, and it steered my career in a completely new direction. My second battle, about ten years later, was against a large corporation that started with some shady business practices, I refused to participate. It cost me my job and about two figures from my income. Yet to this very day I have no regrets about that choice.

Had another fight in 2014, against another hospital because of my refusal of the flu vaccine, after having a poor medical history related to vaccines, so I saw this one coming and already knew what to expect.

The only thing I am a little surprised about, is how successful they have been in getting us to turn on each other. I really should have not been surprised. I have seen the handwriting forming on the walls for a long time.

I have my peace with my decision. I am ready to sleep in a box, a FEMA camp, even a concentration camp. That too is a choice. Mine.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't believe this coercion is compatible with a free society. Much less, a society with a constitution that guarantees certain freedoms.

I feel like all the negative government and media is meant to make us feel helpless, give up, and stop caring.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't fault anyone getting the jab.

I support your right to do so.

I also support those who don't want to get the jab.

I'm for individual choice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join