It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists Create Injectable Nanoparticles That Enable Night Vision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

it would however give soldiers whom were trained to make use of the ability a tactical advantage, ability to see non thermal camouflaged enemy's

You mean ability to see thermal camouflaged enemies, instead of non-thermal, no? I mean, NIR vision is precisely the ability to see thermal targets.

I agree with the rest of your post: prolonged NIR vision implies stressing the human brain beyond the limits it was designed for. On the other hand, the article linked in the OP shows a photograph of Wistar mice with red eyes, something all Wistar mice are born with without their eyes being injected with anything xenobiotic.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

NO thermal camo dissipates the heat signature making it harder to see the camouflaged soldier and or equipment using thermal imaging goggles.

Usually for personnel it consists of a gilly suit type cover all with overlapping flapping heat dissipating material, it does not completely hide the thermal signature but it does even it out and dissipate it though those were the old type suits.

However NON thermal camo is as it states on the tin lacking thermal camo so they would stand out more easily with heat being visible.

It is notable however that the range of organic thermal senses such as some reptiles have are extremely limited so even if they were able to graft this ability into the human senses I doubt it would even be as good or bad as that, it may allow them some ability to see in darker conditions however especially if they have a powerful near IR light source but as we are all grasping at straws here the argument remains hypothetical until it is not.

(you know before the advent of modern living European especially lighter coloured eye's were naturally more light sensitive than brown or black eye's though most of us have lost the ability - within our own lifetimes - by over exposure to electric lighting etc).

edit on 30-9-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation. In any case, I still don't see the utility of this alleged Chinese invention. Vision is more than just the eye; it implies the brain, and the brain is not used to NIR processing. Sure you can use googles to see in the infra-red, but in that case the googles are used to convert the IR to a visual image which is then processed by the brain.

Injecting the IR signal directly into the eye is quite a different thing. In the end, I guess these Chinese has just made a nano-lens than converts the NIR signal into a human-tractable signal, that is: they have just nanoized the old common googles. But there is a difference: you can wear off your googles when you like. Can you wear off these nano-lenses?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now whoever creates a nano-particle that actually works for male pattern baldness .........then they would become richer than Jeff Bezos.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Sorry to burst any bubble here, but do you know how small 'particles' already are? There can't be 'nano'particles, and 'injection' would be overkill for something so small, unless the syringe is ridiculously minuscule (if particles, let alone NANO-them!) can be 'injected' at all.

Particle sizes are measured in microns, which means 'one millionth of a meter'.

How the heck do you 'inject' something this small, and how the heck do you make 'NANO's of them? Also, what the heck would a 'nanoparticle' even be? 'Smaller particle than usual'? Is there any need to use the 'nano', when particles are ALREADY incredibly small even without nanoizing?

Did you even read the source? It's already being done. There's no maybe they might develop it maybe not. There is peer reviewed papers on this. It doesn't go into detail on exactly how they get the nano particles into they eye but says they are injected.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

The article I linked was from the New York Times so its pretty solid. They spin politics but no need to spin science. Also a quick internet search will bring up many peer reviewed studies.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Calm down bud it was a joke. A jab about biden trying to mandate the jab. Sheesh 😂

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Not only did I read the source, but I read a link in the source to the scientific paper, downloaded the such article in PDF, and went all thru it. Did you do that, by the way?

I'm not discussing whether it is possible or not: I'm discussing it won't work... because it has been already done before (5 years ago), tested at XViS, and we saw the problems these capability-enhacing tech cause on human brains.

Just for your reference:

Optogenetics and Future Wars

So no, the tech does not impress me. What it makes me worried is the fact that going from Wistar rats to humans is not as easy as the writers of the article assume.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You can do amazing things when you have camps full of people to experiment on, and decades of research you stole from other countries that are constrained by ethics.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin
Wonder if they call it Tiger Eyes, me I'd call it Gato Eyes.

I know a guy in butcher bay....pay them enough and he will give you a shine job.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Well bubble bursts I presume. 😆 I guess we have to wait for genetic engineering to catch up.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I don't question the fact that elderly loose the capability to see in the dark, but they don't go buying NightVision Googles now, they won't be buying night vision shots...

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
perhaps also an vision with xray vieuw ?

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I don't question the fact that elderly loose the capability to see in the dark, but they don't go buying NightVision Googles now, they won't be buying night vision shots...

Undoubtedly some will. I for would if it was safe, definitely. Hell young people will do it to, it'd be great for hunting.

posted on Oct, 6 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
To

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

It sounds like a superhero origin story for a new Marvel movie, but it is real: a group of Chinese scientists have developed an injectable nanoparticle that will give you superhuman near-infrared vision. It’s an amazing discovery that could enable any mammal to see in the dark.

The nanoparticle is an ocular photoreceptor that get injected in the eye. Once it is in there, the nanoparticle anchors to the retinal photoreceptors as near-infrared (NIR) light transducers. In other words, it captures NIR light and sends it as visible light to your retina, which allows your eye to see in darkness.

Please read the rest of the article for more interesting information. Apparently it's not permanent and lasts for about 10 weeks. Elderly people lose their ability to see in the dark as they age so this could potentially be helpful for most of you reading this. (Just kidding) (no he's not) got your glasses on? They also said that it is possible that we can find other nanoparticles that can convert other wavelengths to further broaden our visible light spectrum. We are living in the future guys, all we are missing is flying cars....and the youth pill.🤪

SOURCE

Very good find!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

The typical 50 year old needs twice as much light to see as well as a typical 30 year old.

I have heard this theory as well, but I am a bit sceptical of it. Surely kids' fresh eyes are the best, but I don't think the difference can be quite THAT drastic, or people couldn't drive cars, and any relatively dark weather would just look completely black.

How reliable were these studies? You linked to some 'news article', so I am not fully convinced (didn't read it though).

Of course it's only logical that eyes lose their abilities in the long run as decades roll by, but twice seems a bit too much. I mean, in the end, it's kind of hard to measure, because if you simply ask lots of people, they might lie, and if you just study the physical side of the eye, you still don't know exactly how the individual that is on the other side of the eye ACTUALLY sees things..

You'd have to use some kind of 'walk-in'-technique to be absolutely sure of all of this. For the same reason, I am not convinced that dogs can't see colors, either, but that's a post for another time.

I’d wager it’s that drastic.

We just don’t recognize it because we age relatively slowly and notice changes gradually - plus most of us are younger mentally than physically so we don’t “think” we’re that old.

Jumping back in your say late teenage body would almost certainly feel incredible.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

thought DARPA did this a while ago?

or am i crazy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join