It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Scientists Create Injectable Nanoparticles That Enable Night Vision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It sounds like a superhero origin story for a new Marvel movie, but it is real: a group of Chinese scientists have developed an injectable nanoparticle that will give you superhuman near-infrared vision. It’s an amazing discovery that could enable any mammal to see in the dark.

The nanoparticle is an ocular photoreceptor that get injected in the eye. Once it is in there, the nanoparticle anchors to the retinal photoreceptors as near-infrared (NIR) light transducers. In other words, it captures NIR light and sends it as visible light to your retina, which allows your eye to see in darkness.

Please read the rest of the article for more interesting information. Apparently it's not permanent and lasts for about 10 weeks. Elderly people lose their ability to see in the dark as they age so this could potentially be helpful for most of you reading this. (Just kidding) (no he's not) got your glasses on? They also said that it is possible that we can find other nanoparticles that can convert other wavelengths to further broaden our visible light spectrum. We are living in the future guys, all we are missing is flying cars....and the youth pill.🤪

SOURCE

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

that get injected in the eye

Um..no.

link   
I think I'll pass on any injectable Chinese eyeball enhancements.

link   
Cool, but could it be that the US Military has been working on this too.
edit on 0900000008112021-09-30T06:11:08-05:00110809am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Interesting news, it's very impressive.... I looking forward to the real game changer, electromagnetic vision!!!

Elderly people lose their ability to see in the dark as they age so this could potentially be helpful

Not sure if you are kidding or just being naive, but the only place I can envision it's application to take a hold is military...

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
They should focus more on not “accidentally” unleashing novel viruses unto the world. That’s probably a better idea. China’s like that kid in high school that has his priorities completely backwards. The kid that doesn’t shower but tries to ask out the hot girl.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Interesting news, it's very impressive.... I looking forward to the real game changer, electromagnetic vision!!!

Elderly people lose their ability to see in the dark as they age so this could potentially be helpful

Not sure if you are kidding or just being naive, but the only place I can envision it's application to take a hold is military...

The typical 50 year old needs twice as much light to see as well as a typical 30 year old.

source

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackKat

Oh don't worry biden will make it mandatory 😉

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Absolutely. The potential for military application for this is obvious and I'm pretty sure China manages to keep very few secrets from the U.S. The U.S. probably has a much more advanced version.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I second that!
I could never do it.
It makes my skin crawl seeing that image of someone taking a needle to the eye on a pack of smokes.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Absolutely. The potential for military application for this is obvious and I'm pretty sure China manages to keep very few secrets from the U.S. The U.S. probably has a much more advanced version.

In the Air Force I worked under the Life Support systems. Some of the stuff during the Vietnam was was pretty damn high tech for its time. Kind of like outer space tech stuff. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all what the military is up too these days.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There was a time when I would have been interested in such an incredible invention. After COVID, hell no.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Not up for night vision injections but when the xray ones are available then I'm there.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackKat

I got the chinese virus recently I need to check my night vision incase this leaked into the wuhan lab.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

NOW we’re talking, gimme that night vision, SuperSonic hearing, ability to grow muscle at 4x the rate.

A lot of this stuff has already been unlocked, they are just not letting us use it yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wonder if they call it Tiger Eyes, me I'd call it Gato Eyes.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

They probably nicked it from the US when they hacked the servers there.

I would like to see long term behaviour, what damage it may cause such as loss of colour vision range, mental issues caused by too much information being sent to the brain with some soldiers unable to sleep seeing shapes through there eyelids etc.

In the short term it would however give soldiers whom were trained to make use of the ability a tactical advantage, ability to see non thermal camouflaged enemy's etc but there are just too many unknowns about how this may affect there health, mental and physical.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sorry to burst any bubble here, but do you know how small 'particles' already are? There can't be 'nano'particles, and 'injection' would be overkill for something so small, unless the syringe is ridiculously minuscule (if particles, let alone NANO-them!) can be 'injected' at all.

Particle sizes are measured in microns, which means 'one millionth of a meter'.

How the heck do you 'inject' something this small, and how the heck do you make 'NANO's of them? Also, what the heck would a 'nanoparticle' even be? 'Smaller particle than usual'? Is there any need to use the 'nano', when particles are ALREADY incredibly small even without nanoizing?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The typical 50 year old needs twice as much light to see as well as a typical 30 year old.

I have heard this theory as well, but I am a bit sceptical of it. Surely kids' fresh eyes are the best, but I don't think the difference can be quite THAT drastic, or people couldn't drive cars, and any relatively dark weather would just look completely black.

How reliable were these studies? You linked to some 'news article', so I am not fully convinced (didn't read it though).

Of course it's only logical that eyes lose their abilities in the long run as decades roll by, but twice seems a bit too much. I mean, in the end, it's kind of hard to measure, because if you simply ask lots of people, they might lie, and if you just study the physical side of the eye, you still don't know exactly how the individual that is on the other side of the eye ACTUALLY sees things..

You'd have to use some kind of 'walk-in'-technique to be absolutely sure of all of this. For the same reason, I am not convinced that dogs can't see colors, either, but that's a post for another time.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Oh don't worry biden will make it mandatory

Do you think that by him 'making' something 'mandatory', it creates an obligation somehow?

I mean, anyone can CLAIM anything, but a president of a government of one country doesn't have unlimited power to create obligations for people all over the planet.

For something to -truly- be mandatory, when law hasn't been broken (or 'peace breached'), the individual's consent is needed at some stage. Without it, 'mandates' are not mandatory.

I suggest learning what 'human rights' are, and how they're unalienable. I also suggest reacing what 'constitutions' and 'bill of rights'-type rules are, and how their function is to stop governmental and corporate tyranny (not 'give' anyone any rights).

Of course there's a sad sidenote to this otherwise simple and clear story; people that HAVE consented to being governed by legal system (that uses 'Black's Law Dictionary' usually), have given it the power of law, so anything that's mandated in the legal system, becomes an obligation to these sad saps that have performed a joinder between themselves and legal fiction called 'artificial person' that only exists on paper as a dead entity, but has tons of obligations on its neck..

<<   2 >>

join