It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California parents request judge block public schools from asking students to pray to Aztec gods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: REDMORGAN
This will stop just as soon as they discover that Quetzalcoatl was a bearded white god.

Good point. Somehow I doubt that fact has been disclosed to the class.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Already discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is actually a poem written in the 1970's and not a prayer.
monroyconesa.medium.com...
edit on 29-9-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

As Fox News previously noted, the curriculum suggests chants that invoke the deity Tezkatlipoka.

Tezkatlipoka is an Aztec god that was honored with human sacrifices. According to the World History Encyclopedia, an impersonator of Tezkatlipoka would be sacrificed with his heart removed to honor the deity. In Aztec mythology, Tezkatlipoka is the brother of Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and Xipe Totec – all of whom appear to be invoked in the chant.

"Our clients are not opposed to having students learn about different cultures and religions, including the practices of the Aztecs," said Paul Jonna, partner at LiMandri & Jonna LLP and Thomas More Society special counsel.

"But the California State Board of Education’s approved Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum goes far beyond that by directing students to pray to Aztec deities. This portion of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum is not only offensive, but blatantly unconstitutional."

Fox News

I took humanities in college, we didn't have to chant to any deities.

edit on 29-9-2021 by Elton because: Added more than just a quote.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

"These can be used as energizers to bring the class together, build unity and to reinvigorate the class following a lesson that may be emotionally taxing or even when student engagement may appear to be low."

Now that they have been successful in removing major religions from the class room they realized they did serve a purpose.

As an atheist myself I don't have an issue with kids being indoctrinated into a religion that has been commonly practiced for a thousands of years. Sure most major religions have their problems and some of them big problems (what large organization doesn't); but they have been woven into our society and people know how to deal with them on a societal level.

But teachers and school systems "building unity" around obscure rituals that have no real place in society is tantamount to building unity around the teacher and around the school system itself.

In this situation "Aztec" is just a meaningless word. No one in this situation is practicing a ritual to some long dead Aztec god.

What is happening in this situation is that the teacher and school are building unity around a ritual they control. It could have its bases in Aztec religion or it could have its bases in ICP raps; the subject matter is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the school controls the new unity they are creating; not the family; not the community; but the school ... and by extension government.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So it seems we ALL seem to agree, teaching ANY religion, ESPECIALLY NOT YOURS, in the classroom, is not a good idea?

edit on 29-9-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

honestly, I don't think these leftists are anti-religion.
I think they are anti-Christian.
hence their love affair with Islam.

And that is the rub. As a disciple of Jesus Christ for over for decades, this reality just cements my certainty even further. Christianity is the only religion that I see these powers unilaterally lining themselves against. There is a reason for this.

Just give the eighth chapter of Romans a read, especially the last half.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Already discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is actually a poem written in the 1970's and not a prayer.
monroyconesa.medium.com...

Thanks. This is obviously old news recycled then.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
So it seems we ALL seem to agree, teaching ANY religion, ESPECIALLY NOT YOURS, in the classroom, is not a good idea?

I don't have a religion, but if I did, I wouldn't want it taught either.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The new development is the lawsuits to block it.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well they got it partially right. Religion can be used to build unity and community, but I'm not sure I'd want to build unity around the concepts of deities that were honored with human sacrifice.

There are or used to be little rituals throughout the day that we used as Americans to build that unity. We did things like the pledge for example, and other American cultural practices that "built unity around studies and principles and values" and those things were not religious, either.

Of course, the left had to jettison those as offensive and problematic, so now here we are building unity around deities who demanded human sacrifice in their proper worship injecting both foreign principles and values and a very different religious ideology into our classrooms where such things had been rejected.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Well put Kets.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh so true. The reeeee will be resounding.

a reply to: REDMORGAN

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until the teachers chanting Kalia MA and reaching for your heart!

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Nevermind, it's not the mudpit he he he!
edit on 29-9-2021 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Aztec nahuatl speaking people are still in Mexico, about a million of them, but their religion isn't the same as it was in the 1400s as it got mixed with Catholic beliefs. I think a current overview of that ethnic group should be enough, as they are mostly illiterate farmers and probably have been since Montezuma was their ruler. Also, I doubt these prayers they are teaching are anything like the prayers in the Mexican Catholicism of modern day Aztecs. They are likely misrepresenting these people for their own purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join