It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California parents request judge block public schools from asking students to pray to Aztec gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
From the same folks who spent years getting religion kicked out of the classroom and want to tell YOU "I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.", comes chants to Aztec gods...in the classroom.

Three California parents are suing to prevent the state's public school system from reciting prayers to Aztec deities that have been worshiped with human sacrifice – arguing that doing so violates the U.S. and state constitutions.

Tezkatlipoka is an Aztec god that was honored with human sacrifices. According to the World History Encyclopedia, an impersonator of Tezkatlipoka would be sacrificed with his heart removed to honor the deity. In Aztec mythology, Tezkatlipoka is the brother of Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and Xipe Totec – all of whom appear to be invoked in the chant.

Oddly enough, the same argument used by those now bringing religion back into the classroom is now being used against them to get it back out of the classroom by the parents.

So why do they want the kids chanting affirmations and proverbs to Aztec gods in the classroom? I'll let them tell you...

"These can be used as energizers to bring the class together, build unity around ethnic studies principles and values, and to reinvigorate the class following a lesson that may be emotionally taxing or even when student engagement may appear to be low."

Whatever could be wrong with that kind of unity?

Does anyone think the inmates are not running the asylum?
Link
edit on 9/29/2021 by Klassified because: oopsie

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
honestly, I don't think these leftists are anti-religion.
I think they are anti-Christian.
hence their love affair with Islam

if we let the Aztec stuff in, how can we deny the Odinists? or the Patafarians?

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What alternate universe / timeline am I in right now that I'm reading this OP?
* Shakes head in pure disgust and bewilderment.
I'm literally speechless.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"These can be used as energizers to bring the class together, build unity and to reinvigorate the class following a lesson that may be emotionally taxing or even when student engagement may appear to be low."

Now that they have been successful in removing major religions from the class room they realized they did serve a purpose.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

From the same folks who spent years getting religion kicked out of the classroom and want to tell YOU "I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.", comes chants to Aztec gods...in the classroom.
a reply to: Klassified
So are you saying the people who wanted religion out of schools are the ones promoting this Aztec thing? If so, what people are those? Do you want religion taught in public schools?

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
What alternate universe / timeline am I in right now that I'm reading this OP?
* Shakes head in pure disgust and bewilderment.
I'm literally speechless.

In general, I tend not to take a headline, as being accurately portraying the whole picture. Maybe this is true, maybe not, maybe a facet of it is.

Take every bombastic headline, no matter the persuasion..with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD

So are you saying the people who wanted religion out of schools are the ones promoting this Aztec thing? If so, what people are those? Do you want religion taught in public schools?

Yes, it's the same crowd that wanted religion out of schools that are now re-introducing it under the guise of learning.

If you're going to teach one religion, you must teach them all in my opinion. No picking and choosing. Personally, I think it best to leave religious learning to the parents.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Decry it as gross Cultural Appropriation.

The problem will run away in abject horror and resolve itself, easy-peasy.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

hence their love affair with Islam.

And that is the rub. As a disciple of Jesus Christ for over for decades, this reality just cements my certainty even further. Christianity is the only religion that I see these powers unilaterally lining themselves against. There is a reason for this.

Just give the eighth chapter of Romans a read, especially the last half.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Only in California.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

I think they are anti-anything that has to do with accountability or responsibility.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A little more context to what is included in the ethnic studies class.

The lawsuit takes issue with words of affirmation and a chant that the state’s ethnic studies curriculum encourages schools to use. The affirmation is based on In Lak Ech, a Mayan philosophy that means, “You are my other me.”The curriculum also includes a longer chant based on In Lak Ech and the Aztec concept of Nahui Ollin, also called the Four Movements, which also has been used in ethnic studies programs.Nahui Ollin consists of four concepts: self-reflection, knowledge, action and transformation. Those four concepts are represented by names of four Aztec deities, said Roberto Cintli Rodríguez, an emeritus associate professor of Mexican American Studies at the University of Arizona.The names of the four deities are included in the chant, along with the name of a fifth deity, the lawsuit says.Rodríguez said Nahui Ollin is a concept, not a prayer, similar to the concept of the four elements, for example.

“Nobody’s being forced to kneel and pray,” said Rodríguez.

Times

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Only in California.

Don't blink. Quetzalcoatl and his brethren may be coming to a school near you.

(post by sraven removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
Do they also get a shot of peyote or mescaline to go along with the chant?

(asking for a friend)

I happen to know that tobacco is illegal inside certain prisons
the Native American church is allowed it for their ceremonies. religious exemption.
I'm told they have participants just cuz that.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

At this point, I dare anyone to challenge the fact that we are currently in clown world. Double dog dare you.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

Either you have all of it or none of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It should not be beyond the ingenuity of American children to devise chamts blaspheming the Aztec gods, combining together to drown out the intended version. A good method is to set new words to familiar simple tunes, so that people can pick them up easily.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Eh. At the end of nearly every Christian prayer there is an invocation of the glorious and powerful Egyptian god Amun. Maybe it's not a bad idea to cover all the bases. Just in case.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This will stop just as soon as they discover that Quetzalcoatl was a bearded white god.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join