It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fumio Kishida set to become Japan’s new prime minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well, we got a 3rd generation ( family ) politician now here. All " wish " promises is all I heard from the top 4 candidates for the last 30 days.
The other 3 candidates , one man and two women were the leaders out of many that tried. Although Fumio Kishida has the looks of a leader and confidence, he'll be tested very hard now to get the corona virus past us and just say the hell with it, the virus ain't going away. Lets get back to living. Shutting down businesses was a short term solution, but when the politicians found out it trickled down to their favorite watering hole, then they realized that shutting down the economy WAS NOT GOING TO WORK.

The top news now is that the govt. may reduce the sales tax from 10% to 5% very soon. ( how will they make up the difference )
Well, check this out. In October ALL GROCERY PRICES ARE DUE TO INCREASE AS MUCH AS 12 % OVER NIGHT. Yes, this is the way Japanese operate.
So now we have a reduction of sales tax but prices will increase by 12% . I guess the politicians don't think people understand we are being tricked once again.
Also gas is about 160 yen a liter, maybe around 6 bucks a gallon now. The workforce here has many unemployed ( me too ). The unemployment office is jammed packed with applicants, but very few " real " jobs are available.
Next years university graduate students might end up working for 7-11 's LOL
Seriously, just wish I can post pictures of our dead downtown and you'll understand.
Oh, and the price of fish caught locally goes up too , due to higher fuel prices. That means the elderly won't be buying fish 3 or 4 times a week.
edit on 0900000038222021-09-29T06:22:38-05:00223809am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0900000016562021-09-29T06:56:16-05:00561609am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As far as I know the new guy does not have a brown nose with and for China ....Which is good IMO... Many places around the world are hurting...I am just glad I am far far away from the madness..so far !! hahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
As far as I know the new guy does not have a brown nose with and for China ....Which is good IMO... Many places around the world are hurting...I am just glad I am far far away from the madness..so far !! hahaha

I feel left out with all this madness going on. ha ha ha

Do wish I was in northern Thailand though, living in a bamboo hut.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Hey I just figured out why we been having all these military jets fly over in the last 6 days.
It was to show China that the new govt. is still going to be on Americas side.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Good luck reducing the sales tax, take it that's like VAT over here, which is ordinarily 20%.

The price of Food, Petrol, Electricity & Gas are ore only going up.

Then again we have Brexit to contend and accommodate as well as world wide pandemics.

What a predicament.

edit on 29-9-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Good luck reducing the sales tax, take it that's like VAT over here, which is ordinarily 20%.

Then again we have Brexit to contend and accommodate as well as world wide pandemics.

What a predicament.

No, it seems like the general public and politicians want the sales tax at 5%. I too, it will happen I think once the cash registers are re-tuned over night. 10% is bullshiit anyway. Never did like it.

But gas at 6 bucks a gallon now , its going to hurt the grocery bills. At least the govt said the price increase will be effective this October, I think October 1st too.

Today I bought 8 cans of mushrooms . I guess Holland found a good niche in the market. I always hated buying chinese mushrooms for the pizzas I make.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I would be happy with full shelf's in the supermarkets musicismagic.

And gas stations that you don't have to queue for hours to fill your car with Petrol.

The Petrol situation is apparently a lot to do with panic buying all the same.

Brexit and the pandemic are murdering this nation simply down to the lack of HGV drivers right now willing to work or deliver in the UK.

But i digress, this is about Japan and not our predicament, my bad.
edit on 29-9-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I would be happy with full shelf's in the supermarkets musicismagic.

And gas stations that you don't have to queue for hours to fill your car with Petrol.

The Petrol situation is apparently a lot to do with panic buying all the same.

Brexit and the pandemic are murdering this nation simply down to the lack of HGV drivers right now willing to work or deliver in the UK.

But i digress, this is about Japan and not our predicament, my bad.

always good to hear about others problems, we support each other

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The proverbial saying "A problem shared is a problem halved" springs to mind.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

What a predicament.

No, it seems like the general public and politicians want the sales tax at 5%. I too, it will happen I think once the cash registers are re-tuned over night. 10% is bullshiit anyway. Never did like it.

But gas at 6 bucks a gallon now , its going to hurt the grocery bills. At least the govt said the price increase will be effective this October, I think October 1st too.

Today I bought 8 cans of mushrooms . I guess Holland found a good niche in the market. I always hated buying chinese mushrooms for the pizzas I make.

Interesting that you mention the Netherlands. sales tax over here is 21%.

But what i didnt quite get is what the reason is that prices will go up by 12% ?

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The housing market will tank again in the US but this time because people are not going back to work and suddenly landlords will find they can suddenly evict renters and renters will find they can no longer find work to pay the rent because employers will no longer hire their old employees and the employees will find that price hikes have taken the money they planned to use to make up on back rent, the workers that have been staying at home and drawing unemployment money. It will all fall apart and crash the system. As landlords can not pay their loans on their rental property.
I know many that moved from rural areas to the cities a few years ago to find work when Trump was in office and then when covid hit they moved back to rural areas because it's cheaper to live and now do not have the money to rent in the cities and get their old jobs back.
When the US goes, so does countries like Japan.
And it will then go bad worldwide just like it did when Obama took office. and without someone like trump, it will last for years.

5+T in new spending by the democrats will keep the crash lasting for 10 plus years. I am glad Iam retired and don't have to wprk again,

top topics

join