It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "death" exists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If before I was born I was "dead," who am I or you to say I cannot live again?

I cannot answer this question. Seriously. It hurts my mind kinda.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Wed Sep 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
If before I was born I was "dead," who am I or you to say I cannot live again when I go to the place from whence I came from?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can’t tell you whether you can be born again but what I can tell you is a theory that my Nan told me is that life goes on and sometimes the people who live to 100 in this lifetime actually just left 100 years of suffering but that doesn’t mean if you take your life early you’ll have a better life in the next one so natural causes cause the natural ways

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You will live forever if you are born twice. Once of water, and once of spirit.

I was 6 years old when I was born the second time.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
If before I was born I was "dead," who am I or you to say I cannot live again?

According to the first law of thermodynamics, " Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another."

So there is no real life, or death.

There is only metamorphosis.

You were formed before you were placed in your mother's womb. You will be given a new form when your soul, your life essence, leaves the lifeform you presently possess.

So some believe.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Technicaly aren't we all born dead and through Jesus's sacrifice and accepting him as Lord and savior we are reborn again. Is that what your getting at?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

if you can live again . but without memories . You are a new person without that memory block.

So it wouldn't matter if you were reborn if you lose all your knowledge now.

Clean slate , new personality , choices , mistakes , accomplishments

Only solution is to hope you don't die before we can "download" our brains.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

You can have a soul without memory of how it became this way.

I have no memory of the first 4 years of my life yet here i am, the same person despite the choices i've made since then.

Experience does not change who you are, only how you think. It's the moments when our mind is still and without thoughts that defines who we truly are.
edit on 28/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I’ve not died physically yet but I’ve sure been face to face with death. More times than I care to think about.

I really, really, really hate it when a close call comes back via a nightmare in full HD colour.

NDE’s.......NOT FUN!!

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

As the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

I've been on the very edge of death once, when i reached the precipice i accepted my fate and was overcome with a sense of calm.

I don't really fear death anymore, only want to live to see my children grow old. I'm terrified of the pain i would cause to them should i die young. The idea of grandkids sounds amazing as well, hopefully the world sorts itself out so i can live that dream.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Can you show me what a "soul" is ?

you do have memory of your first 4 years.. you just can't recall it . One day we will have technology to tap into it and recover it all .

of course experience changes who you are .. What do you think product of your enivroment means...

Our memories is what defines us ... Nothing more . Without it you are nothing and diff person...

we can measure memory and see its effects ...

how do we measure or test this "soul" .....?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

If that's what you want to believe by all means you're welcome to think that way.

Unfortunately i can't describe the realm beyond this one, for that you need to suffer ego death and experience it for yourself. The laws which define your reality and the language you use to describe it are no longer relevant there.

There are many ways to achieve this state of mind and peer briefly beyond the rigid reality you describe.

You've been indoctrinated to suppress the spirit, that ramps up when you start school and science starts to destroy your true nature and identity.

Cultures which didn't have this indoctrination program from an early age ALL believe in the spirit and soul because it's within their awareness.

Research D-M-T or Ayahuasca, try either then tell me there's no soul beyond your enclosed and shaped ego! This is a shortcut, however you can reach the same state with meditation and breathing techniques. Science is nothing but perception, changing your perceptions can lead to new revelations. Plato's Cave is a relevant allegory.
edit on 30/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

You've shown me nothing to believe otherwise....

I know you can't describe the realm beyond this one .. nobody can . Because nobody knows. So why interject things from outside this relm for your arguments ? Makes no sense right ?

There is no other way to acheive this state of mind . Memory is everything you are. Ask a dementia patient about their life long loved ones connection ..

'___' just shows you pretty colors and a mind bend . Its nothing more than chemical reactions from the '___' itself... that doesn't make it real ..

Just like the people skidzo's see isn't real . Just chemical reactions in the brain giving you a false image of reality ..

Just google mind illusion games . Play them sober ..

If your brain lies to you when sober.. Imagine on drugs like '___' ?

One thing that will always make you . Is memories. WIthout it. You are a empty shell.. a animal wandering off relying on basic instincts and no compass

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If you say so.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

you do have memory of your first 4 years.. you just can't recall it .

Do you know why? When young we don't carry 'the mark of the beast' yet, we only start to remember things when we start to quantify our experience and world, see ourselves as separate, the word mark also means 'to measure, quantify' as in Mark Twain
. You could say, before that point we live in the eternal and there we will once return.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: misterE12

nO. I was talking/typing/whatever/ scientifically. How can we be dead before we are born. It happened if we belive either in science or "god." it happens. SO who is to say i cannnot be again,.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Explain to me how my self came from nowhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
donta reply to: Gyo01

Dont use money. to describe me. I dont like money. I use useful things to make us well. Hapy per Se"
edit on 12/14/2021 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join