It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians hands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Watched some chatter on the yoootooob from a congressional bloviation sitting and was reminded of something that has made me sick to my stomach for quite a few years.

Across the spectrum, partisanship need not apply!

Their hands! Clean, soft, trimmed and.....weak. so very weak.

Compared to my own, a man in his mid 30s who has used them since his early teens to make a living. Calloused, bruised, misshapen, staind and often dirty.

I've taken nothing I haven't paid for. No blood that isn't mine and certainly not used to point a finger for my own shortcomings.

Hands that also love well! Wipe tears and pat backs and most importantly, reach out in friendship and help up asking nothing in kind.

My hands share absolutely nothing with these politicians.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Watched some chatter on the yoootooob from a congressional bloviation sitting and was reminded of something that has made me sick to my stomach for quite a few years.

Compared to my own, a man in his mid 30s who has used them since his early teens to make a living. Calloused, bruised, misshapen, staind and often dirty.

I've taken nothing I haven't paid for. No blood that isn't mine and certainly not used to point a finger for my own shortcomings.

Hands that also love well! Wipe tears and pat backs and most importantly, reach out in friendship and help up asking nothing in kind.

Politicians today for the most part only follow the money givers to their coffin .

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You know, as a Christian minister with 40 years experience, it still gives me the willies when I shake a pastor's hands and they're baby-butt soft.

I helped shovel a ton of sand yesterday. I just re-wired my house. I cleared our yard of months of growth (just bought the place) with a scythe and machete. I help parishioners work their livestock. I keep a garden and help others do so when I can.

Planning a two-day horse ride next month up into the mountains to help a neighbor at his ranch for a few days.

But yes, they are hands that can help out a neighbor, heal a wounded horse, give a hug.

I agree; soft hands reflect a soft soul. I don't trust them.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There was some Republican politician at the beginning of covid who bragged about having not washed his hands in 10 years.

Don't remember his name, nor do I care, but I work in retail and I see people deuce up a toilet and walk out after they wiped daily.

It's gross.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Go proud worker drone.... manufacture for us all, a better world.

Perhaps hammer some legislation into existence on the anvil of your manual labor.

Impress us with the very dirtiness of your fingernails and careless self-harm.

We need more self-righteous strongmen, not these compassionate or academic wimps.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't expect you or anyone else to be impressessed.

Your immediate post attempting to slight me is a greater tell to the dripping defensiveness within the words.

That however is impressive

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps hammer some legislation into existence on the anvil of your manual labor.

We need more self-righteous strongmen, not these compassionate or academic wimps.

Tell me what these "academic wimps" have ever done for you. Mock all you want, but anything in the world that's worth anything was built be those "self-righteous strongmen." The ones the OP speaks of are grifters and robber-barons, down to the last damn one of them.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It certainly isn't earned in any honest way that I'm aware of.

Say, maybe we're the chumps.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I've never been a religious person but known many and am very close to a few smaller church ministers.

We love to debate and know exactly where our hearts are.

Perhaps ironically, we share the same frustrations with larger, softer handed churches and leadership.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
There was some Republican politician at the beginning of covid who bragged about having not washed his hands in 10 years.

Don't remember his name, nor do I care, but I work in retail and I see people deuce up a toilet and walk out after they wiped daily.

It's gross.

Your attention to peoples bathroom details are odd. Perhaps a survival skill for you but still odd.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I would dread having to go in for a police interrogation and having them say, "Can I see your hands and arms?"

There's no way I could explain all the cuts, scratches, skinned knuckles, broken nails, grease, grime, etc. I seldom remember how all this crap happens.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

One of my boys things is to point to dads new "hurts" and ask how I got it

Usually the story starts with, "Dad is a little stupid son, and stupid is supposed to hurt."

Hopefully he learns from my mistakes!

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Tell me what these "academic wimps" have ever done for you. Mock all you want, but anything in the world that's worth anything was built be those "self-righteous strongmen." The ones the OP speaks of are grifters and robber-barons, down to the last damn one of them.

I have been closely involved with the government of the country where I reside.

I saw hundreds of people who gave up everything in their working lives for the greater good of others. Some of them to be slighted by the general public, in ignorant missives by the public and the press.

When they left politics, it wasn't in splendorous wealth or privilege, because most of them never went for any sort of rank or leadership position. They went back to fairly average working lives, or retired.

They were public servants.

All our recourse to just law, and the results of careful administration, and even our fair day's wages for a fair days work, are due to their efforts, soft, though they may have been.

edit on 28/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You can tell a lot about a person by their hands.

The scars, badly set fingers, the dirt, there's a history in hands.

Politicians can lie all day long, but their hands can't.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Got a name? Any name at all? If they are no longer in politics, they surely weren't good at it if they didn't get rich and stuck to their values and those of their constituents.

All our recourse to just law, and the results of careful administration, and even our fair day's wages for a fair days work, are due to their efforts, soft, though they may have been.

Hah!!

Yes, let's omit all of the fighting and blood that leads up to administration and legislation while ignoring the specific classes they apply to.

The attempts to justify the plight of a weak politician doesn't bode well to your stance.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

It's gross.
So how would he have showered , you clown?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Got a name? Any name at all? If they are no longer in politics, they surely weren't good at it if they didn't get rich and stuck to their values and those of their constituents.

Hah!!

Yes, let's omit all of the fighting and blood that leads up to administration and legislation while ignoring the specific classes they apply to.

The attempts to justify the plight of a weak politician doesn't bode well to your stance.

I did my trade in the metalworking industry (Aircraft Machinist 1st Class, then worked in tool-making, then in a metallurgical lab), but never carried the same load of worry, or worked as long hours, as when I was involved in politics.

It's harder to denigrate someone, once you've walked a bit in their shoes.

If you want to make a difference in this world, for your neighbors, friends, and family, then you aren't going to do it by producing 1,000 new machine parts for someone else to sell.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Thats weird because I can't go a day without seeing hundreds of things out in the world that I've built.

Things that have made lives easier, saved lives and provoked ideas.

If really love to hear about the stresses of being a politician and those oh so long hours of tarrying away on complete nonsense.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I have been closely involved with the government of the country where I reside.

I saw hundreds of people who gave up everything in their working lives for the greater good of others. Some of them to be slighted by the general public, in ignorant missives by the public and the press.

When they left politics, it wasn't in splendorous wealth or privilege, because most of them never went for any sort of rank or leadership position. They went back to fairly average working lives, or retired.

They were public servants.

I understand this, and I respect and honor it; but these are not the people that the OP is referring to.

And it'd bet that if you shook hands with most of these to whom you refer, you'd find a few callouses and dirty fingernails.

As to that last part, would that be while the vested, soft-handed leeches tax the hell out of us and steal by extortion ever increasing percentages of our hard earned wages?
edit on 2021 9 28 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hah!!

I did my trade in the metalworking industry (Aircraft Machinist 1st Class, then worked in tool-making, then in a metallurgical lab), but never carried the same load of worry, or worked as long hours, as when I was involved in politics.

It's harder to denigrate someone, once you've walked a bit in their shoes.

If you want to make a difference in this world, for your neighbors, friends, and family, then you aren't going to do it by producing 1,000 new machine parts for someone else to sell.

Then you are NOT the kind of person to which the OP is referring. If you did time working in the real world, working with your hands for an honest wage, then I doubt you have this baby-butt soft hands to which he refers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join