It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extended Fasting for Radical Health, Healing, Rejuvenation and Longevity - my personal adventure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: tanstaafl
I just have serious issues with the dry thing. It's dangerous, not immediately maybe and you only feel good because your body wants you to be able to get to the next water source.

All that is based on ... what evidence? If none, then it is just your opinion.

What are you doing with your colon? It's hard enough to keep it going with herbal tea and a cup of apple juice, what are you doing?

Nothing. I've had a couple of small simple bowel movements during my fasts (all of them), but that's it.

When I start eating again, my bowel starts working again - as it should.

Dehydrating your body is not detoxing and it's not going to rejuvenate you and you endanger your kidney's health.

Again, unless you have actual evidence to back that up, it is just your opinion.

Have you ever heard of 'metabolic water'? Your body makes it when you dry fast. That is why you actually don't get dehydrated during one.

Here is just one of many articles I've come across while researching this in the last few months.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What evidence there is that your body needs water to function? Is that what you're asking?
I can't read your blog because a gigantic ad is blocking the text.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What evidence there is that your body needs water to function? Is that what you're asking?

Of course not. I'm asking what evidence you have that dry fasting for 12, 24 or even 48 hours is dangerous.

There is a big difference between the two.

I can't read your blog because a gigantic ad is blocking the text.

It isn't my blog, and it works fine for me - there is an ad, but you can simply scroll down and read the article. Try again.

Regardless, here is an excerpt:

"While the most popular fasting method involves drinking massive amounts of water, there’s another way to do an intermittent fast…

Dry fasting.

Why dry? This type of fasting takes water out of the equation.

If the first question that pops into your head was “wouldn’t I get dehydrated?”, you’re in good company.

Most people brush off dry fasting as something dangerous that should never be attempted, and there’s a lot of misinformation out there that fuels this fear.

Dry fasting can be extremely beneficial to cell regeneration and repair.

And dry fasting can be done safely as long as you take all the steps necessary to do it right.

In this article you’ll learn everything about how dry fasting works, why it works, and if you should try it:

What is Dry Fasting?

Dry fasting is a type of fast that doesn’t allow any water intake. The lack of water may help accelerate some of the protective effects you get on a regular water fast, like reduced inflammation and metabolic health.

However, it’s a more advanced fasting method that only people who have previous experience with normal fasts should attempt.

It can be easier to undertake it if you’re on the ketogenic diet because your body will then be able to sustain itself during the fast without hunger pangs, cravings, or even thirst."

There is much more there...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join