It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Given the Chance to Leave Earth, Would You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Time for a scenario...

You are sleeping, when about 2:15 AM, you wake up because you are being abducted out the window by extraterrestrials. On board their ship, you are conscious, and the ETs are talking with you telepathically. One of them offers you the chance to leave Earth and live on another planet/travel with them/become a researcher for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy/whatever. They tell you that there is a very slim chance of returning to Earth, but are willing to give you the opprotunity to gather up your stuff, say goodbye, or whatever else, but you must return to the room you were abducted from by 3:00 AM to leave. If you don't get back on the ship, your memory will be wiped.

Would you leave Earth? I would.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
IN
A
HEARTBEAT
!

I'd take some food, kick the president, write a note to my family, post on here and watch as the thread gets trashed, declare my love to banshee, and GET THE FRUIT OUTTA HERE!

It's not so much I don't like Earth, but more of a "Christ I wanna see the rest of it."

I'd also probably tell some dudes how to find me, just so they can substantiate it or something, maybe find life later on for themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
IN
A
HEARTBEAT
!

My sentiments exactly... I have no hope of going out with NASA, and besides that sounds A LOT more exciting.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If given the chance to leave earth I would do it in a second.

Hell i would take any job! I would install septic tanks on the moon, and moonlight as a fluffer if need be.

Anything to get me off this god forsaken rock.

IMHO the only reason we haven't colonized space, is because "they" know it would be a wild west type of atmosphere.

Until the government can have some sort of control they will not make it possible.

Think about it. What would stop anyone from raiding earth and slipping off into space to never be heard from again? It would make the days of pirates look like kids play!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it.

If this happened to me, my first impression would be a severe lack of trust... Why would one believe they are being honest with you?

There are way too many people on this earth that i dearly love to just walk away from them all.

If under different circumstances, I'm sure i would. If there was nobody in my life that was really important to me, sure i'd go. As long as i could take my guitar.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No way. I couldn't live without pizza, beer and ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just got another thought...

It depends what kind of aliens they are. If it was with some of those human ones, like nordics and what not... That would make me consider it MUCH more. But if it was with them short ugly things with the big eyes... Hell naw! lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
While I would love to see the universe and stuff, I couldnt bare the thought of possibly never seing my beloved Croatia again.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
If it was with some of those human ones, like nordics and what not... That would make me consider it MUCH more. But if it was with them short ugly things with the big eyes... Hell naw! lol.

Well, you'd be hitching around, working for THGTTG, so you'd get to see pretty much everyone. You wouldn't be stuck with the original dudes, for better or for worse.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, with that being said... Then i might consider it even more. But your setting yourself up for a loveless life....And i dont think i would like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hmmm yes I would do it but what would the point be? Sure you could see for yourself all the wonder out there. But unless you could come back to tell/teach your fellow humans all about it would just seem selfish.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If this happened to me, my first impression would be a severe lack of trust... Why would one believe they are being honest with you?

Those are my thoughts as well.
I don't even trust the people with power here
no way am I going to trust an advanced race with my well being.

The only way I could possible leave is if I got to take my family with me and if I was shown with out a shadow of a doubt we would be safe.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well, with that being said... Then i might consider it even more. But your setting yourself up for a loveless life....And i dont think i would like that.

Well, personally, I love myself. I also love exploration, and the unknown, so I for one would do pretty fine.

Britman: nothin wrong with bein selfish every now and then.

Umbrax: I think it's implied in the question that it's a genuine deal.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would not go if I was being abducted or if an ET invaded my house without my permission to ask me if I wanted to go. The issue of trust would already be gone since they would have already done something against my wishes. I would require an invitation issued in a public place. Only that way would I know that ETs respect humans to some degree. If I couldn't get that, I would not go. At least if I had a choice in the matter. Trust would still be an issue, so I would need something else done to show that their intentions were not to harm me beyond the invitation. Though I am unsure exactly what could be done to achieve my trust. Also absolutely no memory wipes.

Basically if I got an invitation to go in a public place and I knew that the ETs weren't going to harm me or erase my memory, I would go. But I certainly would need these requirements met before accepting to go with any such strangers. I don't accept rides from strange humans let alone strangers from another planet/dimension/whatever.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Interesting question, invader_chris.

My knee-jerk reaction is, “In a hot flash!!”. That is, if I could get over the shock of being abducted in the first place. I, like a few others, have a little problem with trusting the intentions of the abductors. Then again, if they wanted to take me or hurt me, they wouldn’t have to extend an invitation. They would simply take me.

I would really like to have a good friend come along if possible. Without anyone to share the experience with, it might get a little lonely in the void. As a matter of fact, without another human around, over time it might even lead to psychosis. As wonderous as it might be, it would still be alien.

What a quandary. I have a feeling I’d take the invitation and through caution to the wind. However, I don’t know that it would be the sensible thing to do …

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would bring the following:
  • Messenger Bag
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (One Volume Edition)
  • English Dictionary
  • Notebook and Pens
  • Towel
  • Clothes:
    • Short Sleeve Shirt
    • Long Sleeve Shirt
    • Cargo Pants
    • 2 Pairs of Socks
    • 2 Pairs of Boxers
    • Converse Chuck Taylors (Something That Good has Gotta Be Worth a Ton in Space
      )
    • Heavy Jacket with Removable Lining

[edit on 26-3-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Then again, if they wanted to take me or hurt me, they wouldn’t have to extend an invitation. They would simply take me.

Not if they knew you were more powerful then them, and could resist. I believe in the case of Greys, all humans are more powerful if they are able to overcome their fear. So maybe you had something that they really wanted, but they had to con you in to giving it to them. because they knew they couldnt take it.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Naboo (!?) from Star Wars 1 would be a nice place for a little vacation. I can just picture myself relaxing by the waterfalls and making inapropriate succestions to the queen

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Then again, if they wanted to take me or hurt me, they wouldn’t have to extend an invitation. They would simply take me.

Not if they knew you were more powerful then them, and could resist. I believe in the case of Greys, all humans are more powerful if they are able to overcome their fear. So maybe you had something that they really wanted, but they had to con you in to giving it to them. because they knew they couldnt take it.

antigovFZ777, depending on what it is they wanted from me, perhaps it would be worth the trade. Getting to experience what others will never have the chance to would be a very strong temptation.

[edit on 3/26/2005 by netbound]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'd love to. I want to see distant worlds but that is a little far-fetched at least in this life time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join