It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Meat Loaf - 74 Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Michael Lee Aday , Meat Loaf to you and I , turns 74 today and of all the songs in the world this one was my theme tune as a 16 year old wannabe Biker on his 50cc moped , tearing up the road like a Bat Out of Hell on my Japanese 2 stroke .... ring ting ting.
Happy memories , thanks Meat.

I know he's not been well over the last few years so today I wish him good health and a Happy Birthday , tonight I will raise a glass in your honour.

Happy Birthday Meat.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Outside of rock music which is what he is known for, Mr. Loaf also dabbled in acting playing a secondary role in Fight Club among other movie, TV and both Broadway and off broadway showings.

The Bat out of Hell trilogy of albums has sold some number north of 65 million units alone with his overall worldwide record sales being something around 85 million. The first Bat out of Hell album is an all time world wide success story having sold something close to 45 million ..That makes him one of the best selling artists of all time which catches a lot of people off guard.

He had a solid career on Broadway before music really took off. During that time he met Jim Steinman with whom he would consult on just about every successful release he has had.

Some 30 years ago I remember driving to the Jersey shore as a young teenager singing this song with family members and thinking life was at its peak on that night.. lol

Anyway.
Here is a great live version when his voice was still in its prime. It has a bit more of a broadway feel to it then the studio version included afterwards. I hope that in todays current world no one is offended by the video , lyrics of the song or theatrics playing out on the stage.

Studio version

edit on 27-9-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I never got much past Mr. Loaf's presentation of the rocker in Rocky Horror. And of course his presentation in Fight Club.
However now that he and are the same age I too will wish him happy birthday to let him know that I too have joined his club. My meat has been loafing for several years.

join