It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Unemployment for Unvaccinated Fired NY Workers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: StoutBroux
According to Reuters,

-New York Governor Kathy Hochul is considering employing the National Guard and out-of-state medical workers to fill hospital staffing shortages with tens of thousands of workers possibly losing their jobs for not meeting a Monday deadline for mandated COVID-19 vaccination.

TENS OF THOUSANDS - yikes. "V" used to stand for Victory. I guess it now stands for 'Vaccine'. So tomorrow is "V" day in New York. Good luck everyone.

So let's see ... if she pulls 10s of thousands of National Guard to prop up the health care system, they all have to come out of their own private lives leaving holes in other walks of life.

And how many of them are likewise not vaccinated?

Does she even have "10s of thousands" of vaccinated National Guard members she can just safely yank away from the rest of her economy?

Yeah, damn that pesky Posse Comitatus. Just gets in the way when you truly need the big guns.

But you're right, the National Guard is really just normal people drawing a small paycheck to go play weekend warrior once a month or something. You probably have some National Guard at your work or your kids school, etc. and you wouldn't even know it. And as you said, they have jobs too. It's not like filling the hospital gaps will not create another gap elsewhere. It will...

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

New York may be the largest city to violate citizen's rights over the vaccine issue, but it's just one of hundreds of jurisdictions and companies doing so.

The U.S. Supreme Court needs to issue some rulings ASAP.

Hopefully the rulings will be citizen-friendly.

If not, Civil War is closer than ever.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

New York may be the largest city to violate citizen's rights over the vaccine issue, but it's just one of hundreds of jurisdictions and companies doing so.

U.S. Supreme Court...do something...hahahwhew...I like you carewemust, you're funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You can have all the highly trained professionals that can no longer come to the UK due to brexit.

You guys are good with immigrants right?

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Capitalism, of course.

Yeah, but even the glorious people's revolution cannot create skilled healthcare workers from nowhere.

They need us more than we need them.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I guess the bigger point I’ve been trying to make is that all unemployment related to the pandemic at the State level should be approved.

Many here were cheering states when they ended unemployment benefits because people needed “to get back to work”.

Well now the shoe is dropping on the other side with people equally in need of assistance. I will not shout “get back to work” or “your fault for not being vaccinated”. What needs to happen is for the government to approve benefits and assist them.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

when you go to the circus, you can't escape the clowns. They live there. NY is the center of clown world.
This however is brilliant and can't miss. If you live in NY and aren't in really, really good health, you may want to take some extended vacations in some other state.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You can have all the highly trained professionals that can no longer come to the UK due to brexit.

Capitalism, of course.

Yeah, but even the glorious people's revolution cannot create skilled healthcare workers from nowhere.

They're going to be there tomorrow?

lolz

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: carewemust

U.S. Supreme Court...do something...hahahwhew...I like you carewemust, you're funny.

They interceded on behalf of churches during dark days of Covid, the bakers who didn't like baking gay cakes, and Texas saving little humans from being murdered.

Even though the Chief Justice is corrupt on a couple of levels, I haven't given up on the entire SCOTUS.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

I guess the bigger point I’ve been trying to make is that all unemployment related to the pandemic at the State level should be approved.

Many here were cheering states when they ended unemployment benefits because people needed “to get back to work”.

Well now the shoe is dropping on the other side with people equally in need of assistance. I will not shout “get back to work” or “your fault for not being vaccinated”. What needs to happen is for the government to approve benefits and assist them.

How about if they just segregate the hospitals all together. Two hospitals in the area, one for the vaxxed, one for the unvaxxed. Same with water fountains and bathrooms...

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Capitalism, of course.

They're going to be there tomorrow?

lolz

No no...they're coming soon. You'll be able to recognize them, they'll be wearing blue helmets.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Offer them a green card and see how fast those planes turn up.

There's doctor's and nurses aplenty and all the ancillary staff you could ever wish for just waiting for that phonecall ....

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Superecho2021

That’s technically being fired for cause so why would anyone expect to receive unemployment pay ? No state in the union pays unemployment to those who are fired for a specific cause. They made a rule, whether I agree with it or not they are allowed to make rules for their employees. These rules often include dress codes and other intrusive steps into the private lives of workers.

There are ways to make money, way more than the usual unemployment checks the state issues. No evictions, doubtful they will cut water or power in winter. Don’t understand the surprise at this as it’s normal

Well, I think the point you are missing is the fact that an 'employer', not the state, fires an employee. So, as I noted earlier, unless the employer is willing to contest the claim for unemployment (on behalf of the state), then the state has no legal authority to deny unemployment benefits.

You're making a leap of faith here when you say things like 'specific cause' and 'no state'. If these workers are only employed by the "State", then maybe yes, this is doable. But, I don't believe this is the case. Many of these employees are employed by private sector companies who contract to the state.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oregon's Doomsday is October 18th for non-vaxxed medical folks.

Even without the fascist rulings, medical staff overall is burned out.

They are fried. Toasted.

2 years of covid bullcrap, changing rules, pressure from administrations and feckless governrment has creeated a shortage that just cannot be filled.

New York can "talk" about hiring nursing students, but they can't replace a nurse with 30 years experience in ICU's.

The retired medical staff will just say, "No", I mean why put up with it?

Government has done more damage to the nation than covid has done.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Superecho2021

That’s technically being fired for cause so why would anyone expect to receive unemployment pay ? No state in the union pays unemployment to those who are fired for a specific cause. They made a rule, whether I agree with it or not they are allowed to make rules for their employees. These rules often include dress codes and other intrusive steps into the private lives of workers.

There are ways to make money, way more than the usual unemployment checks the state issues. No evictions, doubtful they will cut water or power in winter. Don’t understand the surprise at this as it’s normal

Well, I think the point you are missing is the fact that an 'employer', not the state, fires an employee. So, as I noted earlier, unless the employer is willing to contest the claim for unemployment (on behalf of the state), then the state has no legal authority to deny unemployment benefits.

You're making a leap of faith here when you say things like 'specific cause' and 'no state'. If these workers are only employed by the "State", then maybe yes, this is doable. But, I don't believe this is the case. Many of these employees are employed by private sector companies who contract to the state.

I completely agree with you. It was like the first mandates, they only applied to federal workers, I mean except for Congress, and I think the Post Office, and a bunch of others but that doesn't matter! But I do have a question. Fired for cause. Now if you sign an employment contract, certainly there are going to be things listed that you cannot do in order to be hired and maintain employment. Can you fire someone for cause for adding something to it that wasn't initially there? Now it might say that all employees in the hospital need to be vaccinated on said contract, but then could you make the argument that this is not a vaccine? These are just open ended questions, I don't pretend to have the answers...

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
but yet my 18 year old nephew has been collecting unemployment for over a year and half. He plays video games all day and uses his unemployment money for uber eats and giant tattoos and nose piercings.In New jersey they just extended it for another 13 weeks due to covid!. nobody wants to get a job. Help wanted signs everywhere. a reply to: zosimov

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Actually, what needs to get happen is for the government to get out of the way.

If you will notice, at every step, they have created the problems they are now attempting to solve with more solutions that create more problems.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Offer them a green card and see how fast those planes turn up.

There's doctor's and nurses aplenty and all the ancillary staff you could ever wish for just waiting for that phonecall ....

Why would they? You forget. The US is a horrible, irretrievably racist nation, and no one on earth would ever want to come here to live ... except for tens of thousands of illegals that is.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah but they won't realise that until it's too late.

India is not exactly a paradise and there's a huge number of highly skilled medical personnel over there looking for a better life.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You're wrong again. Yes, all systems depend on money but where you're wrong is, since it's inception, just after WW2 the NHS IS funded by every working person in the uk. We pay income tax but we also pay an extra employment stamp that covers our HKS, unemployment benefit and our national pension.
This is what I was saying is the people in power have been using this money for god knows what and they've been purposefully draining this "account" so they can say "there is not enough money in the kitty to cover these things".
This for you would be like you've payed into a pension fund ALL of your life and come the time to draw your pension they say "whoops sorry we've spent it on something else" and you cannot do a single thing about it. How would you react to that, but it would not just be you but everybody in the country.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah but they won't realise that until it's too late.

India is not exactly a paradise and there's a huge number of highly skilled medical personnel over there looking for a better life.

I work for a company that outsourced some work to India and it causes a lot of problems. They’re not the same as American workers and they are very limited in what they can do and need a lot of hand holding and trainings. Outsourcing American jobs that are based in the US is not as easy as just flipping a switch on. NY politicians might make it seem like they have a Trump card by doing this but in practice it will cause a lot of issues and continual care issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join