It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dog Mystery...Need help!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Do you know if it's diabetic?
Untreated, they can lose control of huge amounts of urine. All over.

Maybe?

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It’s a territorial thing, either fear or anger.
I’ve had to deal with it before and not just with dogs.
I’m afraid you’re in for the long-haul until the neighbor comes back to retrieve her dog.
If you’re lucky it was not one of yours doing this and if so they may or may not stop.
Right now it’s all about getting the stranger out of the house I’m afraid.
I have a routi hound mix that can hold her urine for 15 hours so when she goes...wow.
anxiety in a dog can ramp up their kidney and bladder functions to a point that it’s absolutely over the top.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Stuff

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Did you beat your dog?

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I doubt that Mac daddy.

I like your hound FCD. I hope he serves you well and remains a loyal friend till his last breath.

a reply to: madmac5150

It can happen.

Litter boxes get suddenly swamped. Questions get asked.

Vet appointments are made. Money is wasted.

One six-pack of Rolling Rock can do that...
....or, so I have heard...
edit on 25-9-2021 by madmac5150 because: The ducks. The ducks made me

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Grenade

Did you beat your dog?

Do you beat yours? Where’s Chad?

Maybe he can post pics of his bruises.
edit on 25-9-2021 by Dalamax because: Social distancing my sentences

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I’ve heard it’s eating cheese before bed.

Specially soft cheese or blue cheese.

😬🙄

a reply to: madmac5150

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Im going to say that the Corgi pees, then both males pee right over it

My male pit would wait for the female then piss the same spot. Probably both males are
edit on 25-9-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No, get life instead of stalking me please it’s really quite sad. You and your army of trolls really need to branch out from petty insults as although it shouldn’t even be possible it makes you appear even more childish and stupid. My 13 year old kid has more intellectual capacity.

Again, I don’t even know you.

Just because I upset chadthickus, might I add someone who’s political beliefs have no correlation with your own, unlike mine.

Ignored, I’m amazed the mods are letting you follow me around dropping insult after insult, You’re a creep.

Well done internet warrior, I’m sure you don’t treat strangers like this on the street.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Never said they were unhealthy...

Dogs can get UTIs just from sitting on dirt.. or overlicking themselves.. even attempting to mate/dominate

Dog foods(home and store) are known to cause crystals in urine, it's usually caused by to much of one thing and not enough of another... Which again has nothing to do with a dog being unhealthy.. healthy people can have kidney stones.

It could be from changes in the water, living environment, bacteria from grounds.

I listed plenty of reasons why the behavior could be. Not just one, my guess is if they did have a UTI it would be from to much self cleaning. As dog mouths are filled with bacteria.

I only suggested you check your dogs first, because they are your dogs and you want wants best for them. At least before deciding it was the neighbors dog. Because that's an entire other issue you would have to deal with.

Because if it is their dog, not only will you resent watching them if it becomes a regular thing(possibly from lack of health care/training/etc). It can causes an issue to rise in confronting them, cause you can't really tell how a person would react.

I stated exactly what I would do first, because while most of that can usually resolve within a few days on its own. It's better to make sure your own ducks are in an order so you can have all the facts straight before telling someone that their dog has either seperation anxiety or some other form of stresses that make them pee all over your house. Then possibly get blamed for any fallout..

So, just my two cents.. but if you are an animal trainer, perhaps you didn't do your part and show the guest where the bathroom was? Which in itself could cause the actual issues.
edit on 26-9-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Yes, I understood. I didn't mean for you to think I was being defensive. I was actually kind of grinning when I wrote that.

I am being very objective in this, being careful not to fall into the..."It's most certainly NOT MY dog!!"...trap. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty here. We just can't figure out who's doing this.

Speaking of UTI's though, the wife pointed out to me last night that the "guest" Corgi did have a UTI last month. Not sure if this is related because supposedly this was cured since then.

This 'guest' dog is not a stranger, to either our house, or our dogs. She has been pals with our dogs for years, and our dogs seem to love and welcome her as one of the pack. This is, however, the first time that she has stayed here overnight without her 'mom' for any length of time.

The 'guest' dog sleeps in her own crate at night, so she doesn't have the run of the house (just like at her home). We've tried to make her life just as normal as it usually is at her own home (food, schedules, etc.). Same for our dogs, making sure they get the same amount of loving and treatment.

I am inclined to think it's a separation issue, but I can't rule out a jealousy issue with one of our dogs either.

Just a very weird development.

Thanks for the input!

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I agree with the it being either territorial or nervous. Sorry I can't help you further.

The only other thing I can come up with is a bladder infection or, in my case, I had stinging nettle brew in a bucket made out of cistern water and stinging nettle leaves. It's for gardening purposes.

My dog, Belgian Shepherd, drank from it and had a running bladder for almost a week. She could not hold it. Are there little pee drips leading from or to the puddle? It's a while ago, she's not among us anymore. But I remember the drips, that were unusual. Like she could not hold it.

That could be a sign for something bladder related, but it would be a big coincidence with the location change.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im going to say that the Corgi pees, then both males pee right over it

My male pit would wait for the female then piss the same spot. Probably both males are

Now your's is a really interesting point!! The "pee hierarchy".

When these dogs all go on their daily walks, the pee hierarchy, without exception, goes like this...the Australian Shepard pees first (always). The ACD then pees over the top of that, and the Corgi then pees over the top of the other two...always!

We have attributed this to the fact the Corgi is the oldest of the three and therefore has established herself as the most senior. The Shepard and the ACD have always had this routine when it's just the two of them; Shepard first and then ACD over the top.

On a funny note...their daily routine is a 2 mile walk together, the three of them. The Australian has a monstrous bladder, so he never runs out, but the ACD, Cisco, will run out. So, by the end of the walk many times the ACD is 'mock peeing' because he's run out. LOL!

On another funny note, the Australian Shepard squats to pee like a female. We attribute this to him having his left hip removed as a pup. The (female) Corgi on the other hand, lifts her leg and pees like a male. We attribute this to her having such short legs that she doesn't want to pee on herself. The ACD pees like a regular male by lifting his leg. So, two of the three are "broken" and/or mental cases! LOL!

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Do you know if it's diabetic?
Untreated, they can lose control of huge amounts of urine. All over.

Maybe?

Good point!

I'm pretty sure the Corgi is not being treated for canine diabetes. I think one of our dogs, the Shepard, is borderline diabetic. Both he and the Corgi do seem to drink a lot of water. To the point where we are now regulating the water they are allowed. There's definitely some competition there between the Australian Shepard and the Corgi! (at the water bowl). Almost like..."I better drink it all now before the other dog does!"

This is one pattern we have indeed noticed. Good point.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

An infection maybe? Something with the bladder or kidneys?
Or just stress?
I can't imagine the little Corgi is making such a big puddle...

Add: anyways you'll have to seperate them to figure it out, didn't you say they have crates and love them?
And wherever your guest will spend the night, please don't put her in danger and keep her somewhere warm, she's elderly after all.

Well, I didn't stick anyone in the barn. And, if I do, it will be all three of them, not just one. Our dogs are acutely aware of 'house rules', so they know what's going on.

"House Rules" - To live in the house, you will obey the house rules and act like a civilized member of the pack. Act like an animal, and you will live in the barn where the rest of the animals are. My house, my rules; your choice.

Regarding crates, yes, they all crate up at night. And this is standard operating procedure for this at both households. The "guest" Corgi even has her own crate, and blanket, that she has at home. Her owner brought it over when she brought the dog.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have an Aussie male and my bet is yours is the perp. Mine has done it, and I think it's a territory hearing dog thing. Letting the other know this is my heard. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have an Aussie male and my bet is yours is the perp. Mine has done it, and I think it's a territory hearing dog thing. Letting the other know this is my heard. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think I've figured it out!

The Corgi is an only-dog. My wife's friend is a widow, and her very elderly father lives with her. The dog, Daphne, is used to being the center of attention. Even though her 'mom' works, she stays home with 'grandpa' all day...who spoils her rotten. It's understandable, Daphne is his only companion during the day. She sticks to him like glue.

When Daphne (the Corgi) came here, I was focused on making everything the same for all three dogs, but there's one thing I cannot duplicate. I can't duplicate Daphne being the center of attention. Herein lies the problem, I believe.

When the pee thing started I got mad (don't like pee in the house). But, I didn't single one dog out, because I didn't know who it was (and still don't). Our dogs know how I roll, but Daphne doesn't. So our dogs know that they have to be on extra-good behavior for a little while in order to get back in my good graces. Don't get me wrong here, I don't act mad to them, I just get very monotone and treat them like dogs (not humans). From Daphne's perspective, she probably thinks she's gone all the way from 'princess' status all the way down to pig slop status, and she doesn't get it.

This probably kicks her separation anxiety into overdrive.

This morning I gave her lots of lovin' and told her she was a good girl (while the other two were outside), and now she seems a LOT less anxious and much more relaxed.

Seems ultimately, I may have been the problem. My bad.

**SMH** Dogs! Can't live with 'em...can't live without 'em! LOL! Sound familiar?

P.S. - FTR, I did NOT pee over the top of anyone else's pee though, not even in my sleep! LOL!
edit on 9/26/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It was me.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's probably a bladder infection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join