It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men abandoning College in Unprecidented Numbers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Professors don't have a union, but they have something even better...tenure!

75% of them aren't there anyway, regardless of covid. They're off on some "sabbatical" somewhere, pontificating about mating habits of marxist butterflies in captivity vs. wild butterflies subjected to fascist freedoms and capitalism. Writing white papers about blue-sky fantasies, completely disconnected from reality and suckling on the grant teet!

I know...My sister and BIL are both college professors (or were, BIL is dead and sister just retired from the healthcare world). Now their wicked little son is the fully indoctrinated one, spewing even more distilled Marxist lies and hate to the masses. He's got even more degrees than they did. They were just lowly PhD's.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Is that what I said?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You Failed to Mention the Main Reason . The Smart Kids no Longer Need to go to College to be Brainwashed by Communist Teachers . Their Parents Raised them Well .

edit on 26-9-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The future is totally uncertain
not surprised many choose not to invest
what was a clear path to success is now obscured by govs interference and regulation of once stable institutions and norms

edit on amSundaySunday20100000009am9 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I would say all of the financial aid is not for those with white priviledge.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Men are sick of the anti-white, anti-male woke bollocks that is being rammed down their throats.
Then there's the huge debt amassed just to gain useless degrees that are rarely relevant to the profession graduates eventually end up in.

We need to offer far more vocational training etc and less nonsense like Media Studies and the inane and pointless Philosophy, Politics and Economics that so many of our current career politicians studied.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
We're hiring apprentices at $20 per hour to start with paid education in the field. 3 years they will be making $40+an hour. Designers with the skills are hiring in at $60 to $100 an hour. Many no college at all.

I`ve been in the construct/installation business all my life and thought I did ok just getting to $20 per hour averaged depending on how good the job went. Where does a guy start getting in on what your doing, that sort of pay makes my job seem like an interesting hobby.
edit on 26-9-2021 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Most universities are only offering liberal indoctrination, and debt. Why would men go where they are shamed for their genitals, their skin color, and walk away with a bunch of debt? Let’s not pretend this is a mans world kids are growing up with.

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Women 60%
Men 40%

Thats the latest split as enrollment for men has dropped a staggering 70% over the paste decade, with Covid speeding up the exodus.

Why?
Debt, no sense of purpose, wanna make money now, pragmatism. It aint that they are lazy, the see 100K of debt staring them in the face and are saying eff u.
www.outkick.com...
hechingerreport.org...

IF this trend continues imagine the social changes coming.

Employers will have to start looking at experience compared to just a piece of paper.

Women will be the higher earners, so they will be paying the child support and alimony. IF they even get married. After all, dating down is a thing...

www.thrillist.com...

BUT, they will also be in massive debt as a Bachelors will leave you $100k in debt.

And what of the colleges, they thrive on a pipeline of misinformed meat to feed their machine. Its become a business as opposed to a place to make something of yourself with a plethora of degrees whose job prospects are so small and low paid that it would take a lifetime to repay the student loans. And....student loans are not forgiveable if you default....even if you declare bankrupt. It's economic slavery.

www.studentloanreview.com...

On some level I am glad to see this. Dudes(and girls) need to listen to Mike Rowe and get an apprenticeship or look at so-called dirty jobs until such time as they are stable and can afford a college or be mature enough to know what they want to do. Especially as many peeps dont even work in the career filed they went to skool for.

AND, these dudes wont be influenced by psycho lefty professors......

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

$30 an hour right out the gate is pretty good. Most non-college people can't do that unless they know a trade.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I wouldn't call philosophy and economics pointless. I see alot of people incapable of multi-perspective thinking that philosophy can encourage. I think its good to have a society who studies such things.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

I wouldn't call philosophy and economics pointless. I see alot of people incapable of multi-perspective thinking that philosophy can encourage. I think its good to have a society who studies such things.

It’s a shame for all the economic majors and philosophy majors we have sliding through colleges, we are so morally weak and economically fragile. It’s like the blind leading the blind.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

$30 an hour right out the gate is pretty good. Most non-college people can't do that unless they know a trade.
Most college people don’t do that either, especially with a philosophy or economic degree. Baristas do OK, but no degree required there.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Fyi, this change only happened in the last 10 years....and even then, only the last 4-5 mainly.

Prior to that ... There was a lot of open discussion available. Skills are actually taught at university, but if you take a degree in literary studies....then those skills will help if you can make money from that, some knowledge is not just about working.....

There is more to life than living between paycheques or for them....so knowledge is something to acquire.

Propaganda is used here because they know the value is actually there, so they set a trap for people much like how real food is used as bait.....

So don't think it's all hate....that's the tool they are corrupting it with, but the foundations are still there....the society we have was formed by a lot of academics...not all, but to ignore their contribution is silly.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
15 years ago, I graduated with a degree that was originally designed to fill the role between senior managers who did not know anything technical about digital ages, and technical genius types who did not know how to influence and manage senior managers.

By the time I had graduated, the role was redundant. Never used my degree in the wild.

Would I do it again though? Sure, it brought me out of my reclusive shell and turned me into who I am now.

Anyway, Where can I get all these CISCO qualifications on a part time, distance learning basis?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Sure, but its the numbers and types of people studying PPE that is a 'concern'.

How many of them go into jobs where PPE has any relevance or good?
Not many.

And they certainly aren't improving or enhancing the world of politics or global economics are they.

So what really is the point?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

What's PPE?

To me, "P.P.E." = Personal Protective Equipment. Hard hat, hi-viz vest, RF/Radiation badge, steel/composite toe boots, gloves, safety glasses with graded lenses for lasers, MD sensor, radio, hearing protection, fire retardant clothing, and sometimes climbing/fall protection harness with lanyards depending on where I'm working.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

How do you know they aren't improving the world?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Look around you.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

PPE = Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Did I? Or did you not read it?

"It aint that they are lazy, the see 100K of debt staring them in the face and are saying eff u."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join