It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German state sponsored TV channel ARD posts upcoming election results "by accident".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Maybe mail-in voting because people are fearful of COVID?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Yes I think so, too.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So,

SPD leader Olaf Scholz has declared that as the winner of the election, only his party has a mandate to form a government

per www.dw.com...

Scholz's comment in reply to Laschet saying he is also attempting to form a government.

Is Scholz's statement based on his perception of what is correct, or does it refer to an aspect of German election law?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's a bit complicated and the in detail answer I need to look into the law first to give a confident answer. I wanted to to a thread about the current political situation in Germany though. With graphics and all. It's just I have a lot of work to do but I will give you a short answer.

Laschet can try that, it's all fair game. There are five coalitions that are mathematically possible, going by current numbers.

Black-red-green coalition made up of the Union, SPD and Greens (Kenya coalition)
Black-red-yellow coalition made up of the Union, SPD and FDP (Germany coalition, this is color of our national flag)
Traffic light coalition between the Greens, SPD and FDP
Jamaica coalition of the Union, FDP and the Greens
Grand coalition between the Union and the SPD

BLACK = CDU
RED = SPD
YELLOW = FDP
GREEN = Green Party

the other parties are not needed for absolute majority.

It's all open until the parties find a way to get along and setup a contract what to do in those four years. Then whoever has the absolute majority, get's to be government.

Add: Very important, SPD is leading the narrative that CDU/CSU had their time and should not be involved. The SPD, for that reason, won't go into coalition with the CDU. They said things like this.

My prediction is a traffic light coalition, but the last time we had that, it was a disaster and let down. Just like this time, many young people voted for FDP, the free democratic party back then, what lead to FDP being important enough to make a coalition like this happen. Many were led down by some scandals and how they were not qualified for the job.

That was back then, now it could look different.

edit on 28.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Danke Duck!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
You're welcome! It may take a bit, could be I wait until the final coalition is set and add my prognosis.(add:....before I make another thread)

Bitte schön

edit on 28.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: stopped in the middle of the sentence

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Quick add, the party "UNION" does not represent worker unions or similar, that could be confused by English speakers with working unions or similar. Rather different they represent middle and higher classes mainly.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Does even one of your damned alphabet parties even want to restrict nation-destroying mass immigration?

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Yes there are multiple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join