It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Yo-jong says North Korea open to ending war... if conditions met.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From BBC News:

Kim Yo-jong was responding to a renewed call from the South to officially declare an end to the Korean War.

The idea was initially dismissed by a top North Korean minister as "premature".

But in an unexpected statement released on Friday through state media, Ms Kim said the idea was "admirable".

Welcome back Little Sister, we've missed you!

Imagine the minister who contradicted her is already compost. Interesting though that the North would even consider an offer. But I suppose if it's one-sided enough in their favor they 'd take anything.
edit on 24-9-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

North Korea say things to meet their needs , currently they have a food crisis I'd suggest these words are related to that not any real desire to end the state of war.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, they will indeed say anything to meet their needs and buy time.

But... if they're hungry enough this early to lose their poker face and give mixed messages, it might be an interesting winter.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Back in the early 70s the spooks were thinking there would be a reunification between the North and the South for various reasons after the then fearless leader died.. Once again they were wrong !

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Premature" and "Admirable" don't strike me as words that infer ending the war.

Maybe just me though.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Isn't this what they have been saying for years? The problem was that the conditions demanded were impossible, from the American viewpoint, and she is not necessarily saying that the conditions have changed. Didnt they include American withdrawal from South Korea? Th end of "provocative" military exercises, certainly.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If they’re that hungry then why not force some farmlands to provide food for the population. I’m sure it could be done in an overruled country like North Korea. They can make nukes, I’m sure they can grow food.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think they are headed towards winter. And I like to play with google maps etc. N. Korea doesn't seem to have the best terrain for crops. Looks fairly rugged too boot. Interesting though, a single Korea if done responsibly would be a good thing. For Korean's and the world. A reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Wonder who sold her on an IMF™-controlled central bank, Covid™ Jibber-Jabbers™, and global vaccine bio-security passports ?

Some fox appealing to her vanity perhaps ?

top topics

join