It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Years ago Today Nirvana released Nevermind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And it's still as awesome as it was 30 years ago , to celebrate the occasion I present to you Nirvana - Live At The Paramount from 1991 which is believed to be the only Nirvana concert to be recorded on Film , so it's a special video for a special day.

Nevermind was the first Nirvana album to feature up and coming drummer Dave Grohl , the video shows his complete drumming awesomeness off to its full.

The start of the video is a preamble with the show starting at 8.20.

07:52 Event begning
08:32 Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam
11:41 Aneurysm
16:19 Drain You
19:56 School
23:05 Floyd The Barber
25:58 Smells Like Teen Spirit
30:34 About A Girl
33:40 Polly
36:36 Breed
39:36 Sliver
42:02 Love Buzz
45:27 Lithium
49:55 Been A Son
52:05 Negative Creep
54:42 On A Plain
57:38 Blew
01:03:20 Rape Me
01:06:15 Territorial Pissings
01:08:20 Endless, Nameless / Ending.

Now how old do you feel.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
One of my favorite albums! Although I am a fan and music lover of English rock of the 60s and 70s. But it was this composition that I played on the air in the mid-90s in the mornings in Saratov, so that the city woke up. I then worked as a DJ on Radio C!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'll make sure to listen to it today...I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it.

Today, Dave Grohl is one of my favourite musicians and I love The Foo Fighters.
They opened up Madison Square gardens after the covid thing, what an amazing show!!

I have too many tunes I like by them so I'll just point out a cover tune they did that I love...Dave Grohl screws up and drops a stick...you have to look for it though because he covers it up quickly on the fly.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

What a great way to wake up !

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: RussianTroll

What a great way to wake up !

This is a pure drive)))
But my idols are Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep and Deep Purple. Sorry))

By the way, I met John Lawton in Saratov during his 2012 tour in Russia. Our communication was filmed by a local TV channel and broadcast. I know. that Lawton is a late Uriah Heep, but I was high)))
edit on 24-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: Add

edit on 24-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I think people forget what a great drummer Dave Grohl is , first time I heard Teen Spirit the drum track blew me away.

Got to agree on the favourite musicians front too , the guy seems real and without pretension ... No 1 "would love to have a beer with" guy.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I read that the MTV Unplugged show, they wanted them to play more songs but they didn't have anymore songs because they were such a young band. That was all they had. The MTV Unplugged show was huge at the time.

The sad part about not only Nirvana, but that entire genre of music is almost all of them sold out and gave into corporations. They basically turned into what they preached against. Even Pearl Jam. Many of them are onboard with extreme left corp crony politics, censoring, banning people, forced vaccinations with experimental drugs...meh.

I can no longer listen to their music anymore.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I was never really a fan of nirvana but they are undoubtedly one of the most influential bands on an entire generation of other bands.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was just hitting my rebelious teenager phase when Nevermind came out.
I can somehow still remember getting wasted and rocking out to the album on my 16th birday while bunking school with some mates.
Great Album.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I think if they would have kept going, Pat Smear joining them would have only made them better.

Dave Grohl's other project he did was something I only found recently and his drumming is unbelievable!
Jon Paul Jones from Led Zepplin is on bass.

edit on 24-9-2021 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2021 by DrumsRfun because: made an oopsy

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Isn't it amazing how music can just take you to a place in time...

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ah, damn...

First tape I ever bought...

Damn I'm old!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
Unfortunately, Kurt Cobain did not escape the tragedy of the musicians "27 years old". But Courtney Love turned out to be a rare bitch (((

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I read that the MTV Unplugged show, they wanted them to play more songs but they didn't have anymore songs because they were such a young band. That was all they had.

Even IF that were true, they could've just played more Meat Puppets' songs. They didn't really play that many of their own songs at that show though. They had many more they could've played.

I've often wondered if Kurt realized just how fkn awesome that Unplugged performance/cd was/is.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm more of a hip hop / r&b guy, but instantly liked Nirvana when they came out. Just loved the guitar and Kurt's voice even though I couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying. Just a great vocal tone and rides the beat and guitar well. Very unique.

It is such a shame that some of the best musicians are druggies / depressed....

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It was about 2.5 weeks earlier that i heard Negative Creep (from Bleach) after my buddy called the college radio station to play it!!

We had been listening to Seattle bands as the local coffee guru was making money hand over fist and was bringing up bands about once a month (saw a bunch of second tier bands like L7, gashuffer, Sweat Water (until Blackhappy, they were the biggest name), Hammerbox, Blackhappy, and some band called The Gits!!

Seattle was blowing up! We were moshing to Blood Circus, Skerik, and others, all while praying that the conquerors would bless our happy family!

A few weeks later, Mia was mudered, and things began to spiral. I bought a photo flame Fender Jaguar the day they found Kurdt… that is that guitar’s name!!

The scene ended. We grew up. Some of our friends ODed. But that moment is wonderfully captured in Live from The Paramount!!

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I read that the MTV Unplugged show, they wanted them to play more songs but they didn't have anymore songs because they were such a young band. That was all they had.

Even IF that were true, they could've just played more Meat Puppets' songs. They didn't really play that many of their own songs at that show though. They had many more they could've played.

I've often wondered if Kurt realized just how fkn awesome that Unplugged performance/cd was/is.

It is true according to the producer of the show. I watched a documentary on it years ago. Believe what you want...he asked them to play more and they said they did not have anymore songs to play, at least not acoustic any way and as you stated, some of the songs they played were Meat Puppets and David Bowie. They didn't have a lot of material like a Eric Clapton.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
The cover songs on Unplugged, are my favourites, the whole performance is good, but those covers!.

The 1st time I heard SLTS, I knew right away, whoever this was, gonna blow up big.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I loved Sweat Water, underrated I think. I still play the sh#t out of the 1st album.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I thought Nirvana were quite good....but I never really bought into their 'greatness' - I know I'm probably in a minority here.

Really good album with some excellent tracks on it.
But comparable to The Bollocks album, or The Stone Roses or The Clash albums or even Inflammable Material?
Not in my book.

Definitely very influential.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join