It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Eyes Are Upon Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Not to poopoo too hard here but we've been at this point for quite some time.

I agree. The only difference is the increase in the number of people taking advantage of the technology. It is like the difference between Beta and VHS.

With an increase in the people taking advantage of the conveniences, and the novelty, of these type of devices, it increases the number of people who will abuse or criminalize the activities afforded them by the devices.
edit on 24-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Indeed.

Imagine if users got a cut of all the information that is collected and sold off of them.

Humanity simply isn't fit for awesome technology

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In history empires fall, corruption is overturned, right wins in the end basically.

But this time, it seems for the first time in history our technology is now on par with both good/bad depending on who wields control over it. If history is anything to go by bad wins most of the time right until the end when the masses have had enough. I'm just generalising but you get the pic.
We cant stop data being collected and used. Everything has been compartmentalised too, which to begin with is in favour of individual privacy but loopholes are exploited etc making laws inert.

We really are in uncharted territory as far as I believe. That is the scary thing.
Because the masses in general dont have the power to cope with information overload, MSM propaganda, politics, truth, lies, coercion, manipulation and the sheer amount of things demanding our attention on a daily basis to even fathom anything beyond their own world.

Meanwhile this has been happening for so long now that even if the masses decide that a group had too much power. Protesting or anything like that or even far worse wont even help because your information already allows you to be identified as a threat before you even know yourself.
Another thing, capitalism itself will make a product of humans, once we are no longer needed we will be discarded or enhanced that is what is happening in a nutshell.

At least my take on it. Hope I'm wrong in time but it sure looks like we are headed towards a tech dystopia.

I really wish they would just hurry up with all the games and unveil the AI for all to see before they ask us "Would you kindly plug into this? or else!"
And then I wonder if its already happened or not??

Right, that's enough.

edit on 24-9-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Technology is advancing at a rapid rate, and will continue to do so.
"We built this robot to protect people."

The issue is that technology does not have compassion or morality. It simply is what it is. It follows predetermined courses, or, it recognizes patterns and reacts according to its programmed procedures.
"Your robot just killed everyone it was supposed to protect."

The problem is that the people who create and program this technology disavow themselves of any responsibility once their creation leaves the nest, so to speak.
"The robot must have perceived them as a threat - that was their fault."

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And those that know me.....know it would be bullsh*t. If you don't have a questionable persona then those that know you know the truth....questionable personality...not so much.a reply to: surfer_soul

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Indeed.

Imagine if users got a cut of all the information that is collected and sold off of them.

Humanity simply isn't fit for awesome technology

The have spent centuries conditioning us to happily hand over our money.

Across the world people have worked from sunrise to sunset, to profit wealthy land owners and businesses, just to make barely enough to buy flour from the company store. And they considered themselves free. The very food they ate, water they drank, and roof over their heads, came at the whim of those the workers gave control over them.

I seethed when I read about poor workers during the Great Depression that worked all day in the fields for a lousy forty cents a day. How they were taken advantage of by the wealthy and big businesses, because people were so desperate they would have worked just for food. A manufactured slavery with an illusion of freedom.

If we ants ever learned to ban and work together, we would be an awesome force. They would either learn to treat their workers fairly, or those crops would go to seed in the field, and the wealthy would starve right bedside us.

It will never happen, and they know it. They have done too good of a job of keeping us stuck in our false beliefs of our dependency and hopelessness. The false belief that we can't survive independent of a corrupt system. Much like the elephants.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527
And those that know me.....know it would be bullsh*t. If you don't have a questionable persona then those that know you know the truth....questionable personality...not so much.a reply to: surfer_soul

Unfortunately, it is not the people that know you that will be creating problems for you.

Those that don't know you, far out number those that do know you, and they will not be questioning if what is constructed against you, is true or not.

There have been several episodes of criminal and malicious doxing that placed people in harm's way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join