It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your late night indulgence?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Food people, food.

For whatever crazy reason my late night craving are always either chocolate or Super spicy food.

Here’s the weird thing, I do not crave these things during the day, especially spicy food.
I rarely give in as I know spicy food is a no no at night, or it will equal acid reflux or indigestion.
Actually, any food is not good to eat before bed. If I know I’m staying up a little late I might have a snack.

Also is this just an American thing? I think we are big time snackers, not sure other parts of the world do it as much as we do.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Great Question!

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I stopped eating after 5 or six o'clock many years ago to maintain my manly figure ! Around here many people eat late just after the sun goes down especially as a family.

Most people have no idea what hot and spicy is until you have a meal prepared with the little Thai peppers ! Even many Thai's around the age of 55+ have burnt holes in their guts.. They burn coming end and can seriously burn when the peppers leave on the way out !

edit on 727rdk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Spicy noodles (or habenero nachos)!!

It switched from sweet things just after my twenties! (Used to be rootbeer floats).

I actually like Grape Nuts (any kind of granola type cereal)… and, occasionally, yogurt!

And you are talking to a fettuccine alfredo fool!!! And mac&cheese, and fish sticks….

ETA - Also started to follow the 10 minute rule (max amount of time that you can eat at one sitting….
edit on 23-9-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Follow on thought

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Chocolate , cookies , fresh fruit with whipped cream , nuts & cheeses . Mainly

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My late night changes just like my desire to listen to certain genres of music change.

Lately, I've been watching "best of" clips on YouTube of the comedian Theo Von. Who, IMO, is the funniest human being to have ever existed.

Gang gang.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don’t eat after 7. If I get hungry I always have a little tuna belly around.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Beer.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sometimes fresh toasted cashews
Sometimes a big bowl of ice cream to share with my dog. She likes chocolate chip.
Its a middle aged lady thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I kind of like a cup of coffee about an hour before bed. It keeps my morning headache at bay. It doesn't keep me up most nights. I am talking a ten ounce cup, not one of those six ounce pansies. Any closer than an hour from going to bed and I need to wake up and pee after an hour

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lmao, us Canadians do it too.

I just sat down with a panzorotti that my wife made me today.

I'm eating it after my shift at 12:58am.

Yea, I may have a bit of indigestion later, lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
When I was on the boats the cookie made 6 meals a day.
We were never fed at midnight, ever.
The guys getting up ate light.
I mean, who wants to fill their belly then go hang your elbows below your butthole picking through and shoveling rocks and stuff....right?
The guys going in were STARVING!
The stuff they made was, interesting to say the least. PHEW!!!
When I was on the 12-6 watch we were so hungry by 3 am we actually got weak, even felt ill at times.
If we were not on the Scallops and the other three guys could cover it I would go to the galley for one tow and make us all something.
They ALWAYS wanted my grilled (various meats) & cheese sandwiches.
We had a big ole 2 oil fired flat top grill and oven down forward and I would make 24 sandwiches for the four of us along with a gallon of coffee.
One thing I did when I went thru the galley as cook on my way to the wheelhouse (a three year trip) was to hang 6 rows of bailing wire over the stove and hang long rolls of sausage to dry. I hung 20 pounds each Linguica, Kielbasa and Chourico.
That made a great late night or anytime really snack!
Cut or rip off a big piece of your favorite, grab a few Portuguese Pops or rip off a piece of Italian bread and grab a hunk of Sharp Cheddar.
I ALWAYS had a big pot of soup or stew simmering for the boys on night watch as well as muffins, cakes etc etc etc.
When we were working at 100% we’d burn through 15,000 or more calories a day.
Yeah.....Night time snacks are a thing on Scallopers.
A very very very BIG thing!!!

Great OP JAGStorm!.....as usual!!!

Keep em coming.

Cheers.....😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Talk to text does not understand Swamp Yankee

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I love scallops
I had bay scallops last night with peas in a wine sauce over buttered mashed potatoes. I eat a lot of sea scallops and keep some frozen and vac locked in the freezer at all times. I love them quick seared with a garlic wine butter sauce.
edit on 24-9-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
mmmmmmmmmm

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I kind of like a cup of coffee about an hour before bed. It keeps my morning headache at bay. It doesn't keep me up most nights. I am talking a ten ounce cup, not one of those six ounce pansies. Any closer than an hour from going to bed and I need to wake up and pee after an hour

I adore coffee at night, but can’t do it anymore, not even a few sips. It makes me totally jittery, doesn’t do that to me in the morning.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Most people have no idea what hot and spicy is until you have a meal prepared with the little Thai peppers

Yes my mom would cook with those tiny tiny but blazing peppers. She made dishes so hot she would have to wear gloves or they would burn skin! Yes, we ate things that spicy. I can’t do it anymore. Koreans love spicy dishes, but I agree Thais have us beat on heat!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

I ALWAYS had a big pot of soup or stew simmering for the boys on night watch as well as muffins, cakes etc etc etc. When we were working at 100% we’d burn through 15,000 or more calories a day. Yeah.....Night time snacks are a thing on Scallopers. A very very very BIG thing!!!

I can only imagine. My son is a big big guy, think of Jethro from Beverly Hillbillies. He worked a few jobs that were all labor, and would build up his appetite all day. I would make a massive dinner and that boy sure could scarf it all down. My grocery bill went down tremendously when he moved out. Now on your boat, add many more men…. that must have been a lot of food!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
They may not all be tall JAGStorm but they are all built, solid bodies.
Fat-bodies DONOT exist on Scallopers, period.
Well, the skippers do tend to round out as they get on in years but I wouldn’t call any of them truly fat except for one guy Eddie Perry who owned the Bountiful. Great boat!
Eddie was a Humpty Dumpty.
My mother said the same thing about me. When I finally left the house her grocery bill dropped by 50% lol.
You can’t imagine the amount of food that normally gets consumed never mind wasted out there!
Just to keep it short they were 11 men on the boat and I would cook 20 pounds of bacon every morning for breakfast. Run that out across all 6 meals.
How meal time works for the guys getting up in the guys turning would take some explaining.
if you came in for the 6 PM meal and I had pork chops, if you wanted to eat six of them there were six of them there waiting for you.
it’s just the way it was. I do not exaggerate at all when I say the boys burned to 15,000 cal a day.
it’s probably closer to 18,000. Unless one has been out there they cannot begin to imagine how hard this job is physically.
I am old and busted up now but if I could leave tomorrow I would sail thru the dike into a hurricane!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Talk to text does not understand Swamp Yankee

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Try making tuna bacon!!!! OMG

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Great Question!

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

Failing that, Cheese on Toast!!

8]~~~~