It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Let's defund the police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The only way that we, the citizenry, can provoke any meaningful change within the US federal government is not to difficult, in print form anyway.

Be it by hancuffing their far overreaching power, shrinking the bureaucratic loopholes or starving their coffers, defunding may just be a good start. However not in the way you may think.

FBI

BATFE

IRS

Let's start here. Perhaps it will could be a unifying voice. A call to action that dissolves party and ideological lines, if only temporarily.

edit on 23-9-2021 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ive decided to just not pay any state or Federal taxes for this year.

They can go pound sand for all I care.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It may be a pipe dream but if 25 percent or so of us citizens did that, it may just work.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Where have we heard this before?
Who did we hear this from before?
Who are we hearing it from now?

THE LEFT WING or THE RIGHT WING, IT’S THE SAME BIRD

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Talk to text does not understand Swamp Yankee

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

if l was self employed l d try to work for cash. after seeing all the lawness and wasted tax money l say fk it too.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: visitedbythem

if l was self employed l d try to work for cash. after seeing all the lawness and wasted tax money l say fk it too.

When they collapse the Dollar, all other currencies will fold too. Im not even sure if my gold and silver will be of use. My food stores, fishing and hunting gear will though

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It may be a pipe dream but if 25 percent or so of us citizens did that, it may just work.

Interesting. Would be interesting to see a national "Don't Pay Your Taxes" movement kick off and see how much steam it gained.

However, the federal government has access to every single person's bank accounts so they would simply debit your account or potentially freeze them.

Still....it would be interesting to see. People do in fact have the real power. They just don't realize it and seemingly never will.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

I'm of the opinion that most folks simply want somebody else to actually do anything. Or the massive government to pay their bills.

Personal responsibility is an antiquated idea.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

same here. it is our duty to overthrow a tyrannical government and this is probably the best place to start in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join