It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little bigger than a grain of sand, it 'flies' and is intended for surveillance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies & Gapkid2020

FYI, as far as powering these things; all you need to do is capture ambient RF energy (radio waves), and convert to DC voltage to run your circuits. The tech for doing is very old. We were using this tech at the company I was at in the late eighties. If you notice the large circular coil around the I.C. in the center. That is the coil (inductor) used for the capture. It acts like the antenna for the RF signals. I won't go into a long explanation into how unless you want one. Better to see a YouTube vid. on it for the visuals. FYI, I am a RF engineer among other things.

As for cost; in volume production, these things could probably be made for around 1 cent each, and at most 5 cents each. But I suspect in true high volume product, once mature, cost will be at, or even under 1 cent per unit.

FYI, since the die (micro chip) is so small, yields are expected to be very high at wafer-level testing...not affected much by defect density (large die are greatly affected like a micro-processors). So packaging is the real cost here, and these are not real packaged, but rather bumped (bumps added to bonding pads), flipped (turned upside-down) and bonded to the substrate circuit (wings with printed circuit on it). The wings are just a substrate material (plastic) with circuits (metal traces printed/stamped) on it that are then cut/stamped out.

Knowing what a complex micro chip we were able to put out that was easily 10,000x more complex than this, and about the same die size for about 5 cents each. (not counting the package in this case). Is how I can estimate these costs.

Anyway, I how you learned something. These things are not really that expensive to make. It's the intellectual property IP that goes into them, and all the testing and reliability for quality that makes them more expensive...plus greed

ff

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fastfred

Wow scary to hear how cheap they are to make. The elites must be having fun then.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: anzha

Nano technology is getting ever more advanced, it is also oddly reminiscent of one of those alien implants some folk's believe have been put into there body's during an abduction?, I wonder.

Imagine looking up at the wrong time and getting an eye full of these, or breathing a few dozen in.

That's my thoughts on what its really intended for. Population surveillance makes no sense, however, a dispersal system for some new virus, etc. this make complete sense. Drop a few million over a small town and study its effectivity over period of time.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
Amongst other things.

A professor and his researchers at Northwestern University...

This is how black projects are run in plain sight without governmental oversight.
edit on 26-9-2021 by Type1338 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join