It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little bigger than a grain of sand, it 'flies' and is intended for surveillance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Amongst other things.

A professor and his researchers at Northwestern University have created the smallest 'flying' man-made object. It's patterned after the maple seed and similar falling, floating seeds. The "microflier" has integrated electronics and is intended for surveillance. Environmental, disease and population surveillance are all cited as the use cases in their own video. Take a gander:

To be actually useful, I suspect there would need to be some nontrivial improvements in electronics. Cameras and batteries have gotten better, but I am not sure if they are that much better at this point.

However, I am not an RF engineer, but could you get a reflection off of it? Say, dust a crowd and then follow up later with a scanner, kinda like the key card access that is RF instead? That'd be not outside the range of the electronics today.

There are a lot of things about this that are unsettling.

At least it's designed to degrade, too, so, less micro plastics? woo?

www.npr.org...
www.engadget.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The article I read said it was to be used as basically an air tester. Dropped from a plane by the thousands and on the way down used to test air quality, moisture levels etc. And neither article it is intended for surveillance, one says Could be, the other says might be abused. Also not biodegradable yet but studying that possibility.

As far as surveillance it could be modified but likely that was its first job and it’s old technology by now. Much better ways to gather intell as there is no way to control the thing as it floats and is dependent on which way the air blows, and a hard rain it would drop like a rock, a strong wind and it would be thousands of miles from target
edit on 23-9-2021 by Superecho2021 because: Addition

edit on 23-9-2021 by Superecho2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Reminds me of a smaller version of the fliers they released in the movie Twister.

Can't imagine these to be very useful for surveillance.....wind blows and they are gone.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nano technology is getting ever more advanced, it is also oddly reminiscent of one of those alien implants some folk's believe have been put into there body's during an abduction?, I wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Nano technology is getting ever more advanced, it is also oddly reminiscent of one of those alien implants some folk's believe have been put into there body's during an abduction?, I wonder.

Imagine looking up at the wrong time and getting an eye full of these, or breathing a few dozen in.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

In the eye = Pollen
In the Lungs = Covid

I can imagine Dyson creating a counter measure to these.... oh wait he already has. The bladeless Fan.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Bad enough inhaling a mosquito or sandfly, I wonder what that piece of technology will do to people's lungs.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Micro .. faller? I don't see any flying.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's simply some people will get sick from inhaling or ingesting them, no matter how "careful" they are. There will be allergies and infections hell for all we know, COVID was started by them experimenting with this kind of nanotech. Which I think has great possibilities along with some likely unforeseen complications. Medically though the potential to accurately target specific areas is where nanotechnology will blossom.

20 bucks say they will have a NANO COVID vaccine delivery system in 2 years if they don't already.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It's so small it would have minimal battery life, and wouldn't be able to transmit a signal very far. It would be of less use than a regular sized drone.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is amazing how there are now nano machines so tiny that you would need a seriously high end microscope to be able to observe them.
I saw a vid on reddit the other day of a nano bot which can "hunt" down a single "lazy" sperm and then deliver it into the egg..

Seems very clever-yet does the world really need people made from the lazy sperms?
I think not.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What can it add to all the views from millions of camera glasses/phones/doorbells/street cameras/private ip cameras etc.?

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How much does it cost to manufacture just one of these "Gold Dust" nano particles? I mean if they were to dump these into their chemtrails, it must cost a whole lot. But then again users on ATS said this technology has been in development for over 30+ years now.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

It's so small it would have minimal battery life, and wouldn't be able to transmit a signal very far. It would be of less use than a regular sized drone.

Your body creates natural heat & electricity. Limitless supply of nano power

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's simply some people will get sick from inhaling or ingesting them, no matter how "careful" they are. There will be allergies and infections hell for all we know, COVID was started by them experimenting with this kind of nanotech. Which I think has great possibilities along with some likely unforeseen complications. Medically though the potential to accurately target specific areas is where nanotechnology will blossom.

20 bucks say they will have a NANO COVID vaccine delivery system in 2 years if they don't already.

We are all gonna get COVID regardless, vaxxed or Not, they said. We only have plans A,B,C... "They" have plans A-Z all mapped out, no escape

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gapkid2020

Except that these things aren't in your body, so unless they can suck natural power out of you from a considerable range that's completely moot.

Furthermore, they hardware required to harvest that power isn't particularly scalable. For example in order to harvest natural current through induction you'd need a highly conductive coil which either need to be a body temperature super conductor made of some science fiction substance, or far too large to fit into the device itself. There's a reason why your body isn't being used to power even small devices today.

Even if you could power it something that small couldn't transmit any data once inside your body because an antenna powerful enough to transmit through your skin would be far larger than the device itself, and due to the laws of physics it has a minimum size requirement.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Those microfliers remind me of the Dorothy machine from the Twister movie with the sensors riding around on soda can aluminum wings to generate a model of the storm. But that's a very fickle approach to information gathering because again, that movie highlighted how very impractical such technology can be.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gapkid2020

Except that these things aren't in your body, so unless they can suck natural power out of you from a considerable range that's completely moot.

Furthermore, they hardware required to harvest that power isn't particularly scalable. For example in order to harvest natural current through induction you'd need a highly conductive coil which either need to be a body temperature super conductor made of some science fiction substance, or far too large to fit into the device itself. There's a reason why your body isn't being used to power even small devices today.

Even if you could power it something that small couldn't transmit any data once inside your body because an antenna powerful enough to transmit through your skin would be far larger than the device itself, and due to the laws of physics it has a minimum size requirement.

Flying in the air is just Plan A. If it can fly, you think "They" didn't spend 30 years giving it the ability to swim once you inhale it into your bloodstream? Made of Graphene which is just one Atom thick, and can bind together to form antennas.

Or inject it with a few atoms of radiation. You haven't heard the words "Burn, ignite" flying around have ya?

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So does this mean birds will be decommissioned by the governments in lieu of this new surveillance tech?

/sarc

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Do these twats think about what happens to people if they swallow these things??

Think they're so clever but in reality will be causing more problems.

what about animals eating them?

<<   2 >>

join