It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned: "Do your own Research"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When you guys talk about the MSM do you mean CNN?

Who else do you refer to woth this.

I think I need to investigate just how absurd these "news" outlets are, I've never seen CNN I don't think.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

When you guys talk about the MSM do you mean CNN?

Who else do you refer to woth this.

I think I need to investigate just how absurd these "news" outlets are, I've never seen CNN I don't think.

a reply to: DBCowboy

I mean all media outlets, personally.

I've yet to give my personal opinion on the jab.

I've stated why I can't get it.

I've supported those who have gotten it.

It should be an individual choice.

Any comment I make on it would be repeating something a medical professional stated and since I am not an expert on vaccinations, I cannot give a well versed opinion on my own.

Which is why I've tried to stay consistent and state that people should talk to a trusted medical professional and make their own decisions.

Anyone who takes the vax or not based on politicians or media is a moron.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The last several years I've always viewed legacy media CNN as a parody C-👁-A network, which unfortunately, many people still take as factual news.

Critical Thinking Is Dangerous! Read Less To Learn More! NYT Op-ed mind trash...

Don’t Go Down the Rabbit Hole

“We’re taught that, in order to protect ourselves from bad information, we need to deeply engage with the stuff that washes up in front of us,” Mr. Caulfield told me recently. He suggested that the dominant mode of media literacy (if kids get taught any at all) is that “you’ll get imperfect information and then use reasoning to fix that somehow. But in reality, that strategy can completely backfire.”

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This whole Covid thing kind of reminds me of a movie that I saw when I was a teenager. It was called Zardoz (1974). The collective controls everything from within an area called The Vortex. Arthur Frain, an "eternal" within the Vortex, conducts experiments that are contrary to the collective. He (Arthur Frain) creates a technology, a flying head, and calls it Zardoz, making it a God for the people of the Brutals and the Exterminators. Zed, played by Sean Connery, is an Exterminator and learns the secrets of Zardoz and the purpose of the Tabernacle, thereby de-constructing the Vortex and equaling the playing field. However, in doing so, they all lose the technology for eternal material life.

Pretty good movie, interesting, especially for its age.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Anyone sitting at a computer with average access who thinks they're doing research is sadly misguided. You can only find what they want you to find an only know what they want you to know.

It's not even possible to do research this way, or if it were it would take a very long time.

People tend to google until they find something or someone who agrees with them and then breathe a sigh of relief. Some make decisions based on it. Others don't.

That's why this place is kind of funny, other than when someone truly knowledgeable does shows up. And there doesn't seem to be much of that.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Exactly this.

This is why you get people making threads based on a single unverified news article or a video on a streaming service.

If you want to believe something and you go looking for proof there's bound to be someone else who has said it.

Then confirmation bias kicks in and you feel like you are correct, anyone questioning you is now the enemy and must be silenced or converted.

.a reply to: GravitySucks

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I ignore our would-be overlords. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people too mesmerized by the lame stream media to think for themselves. They are suffering for it.

You can't fix stupid.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Anyone sitting at a computer with average access who thinks they're doing research is sadly misguided. You can only find what they want you to find an only know what they want you to know.

It's not even possible to do research this way, or if it were it would take a very long time.

People tend to google until they find something or someone who agrees with them and then breathe a sigh of relief. Some make decisions based on it. Others don't.

That's why this place is kind of funny, other than when someone truly knowledgeable does shows up. And there doesn't seem to be much of that.

So are you truly knowledgeable? If so, did you 'show up' in order to elucidate, to guide those who are not? Or are you not truly knowledgeable? If so, why did you come to a place where the truly knowledgeable are so rare?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I’m into machining and vintage hand manual mills and lathes. I am also a welder and metal fabricator, besides the internet when it comes to research I have volumes and volumes of old machining manuals, old catalogs for finding different cutters for old machines from when they were new at the time, old shop arithmetic and engineering text books and books upon books of gear making and all kinds of things.

With that being said those books coupled with the internet I am able to become hyper informed about damn near anything, hell even YouTube in this regard is an amazing resource.

Now all of that is out of the way as far as researching machining and metal fab, I think where people go wrong researching “hot topics” is that there is so much conflicting information all over the net that one cannot actually learn anything when looking into politics, medical information, biographies and things to that nature as it is almost all lies opinions and he said she said bs.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL...this is similar to when they told everyone not to read the leaked classified docs because CNN would read for them and tell them what was in it.

Brain dead organization with a brain dead audience.

No, it was actually illegal for us ordinary citizens! According to Chris Cuomo it's different for the media.
LOL

Ha...yes...it is "different for the media" Tune in so we can read it and tell you what to believe.

And Cuomo being the one to say it was the cherry.

(post by Vasa Croe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: GravitySucks

So are you truly knowledgeable? About some things, yes. Others no.

If so, did you 'show up' in order to elucidate, to guide those who are not? Not even a little bit.

Or are you not truly knowledgeable? See above.

If so, why did you come to a place where the truly knowledgeable are so rare? Because 1.) this used to be a cool place and every now and then still is and 2.) I observe.

See bold above.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I did some of my own COVID-19 vaccine research.

I had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine.

I had no adverse reactions. Just a little soreness at the injection site for a few hours. Same experience for my wife.

I then checked with a magnetic compass, and there was no magnetic effect that I could see.

So, the next check was to see if I turned into a zombie when going near a 5G cell tower. This proved problematic because I live in New Zealand. Where there is 5G coverage, but not much (I checked on a coverage map). So, I went right into the city of Auckland which has some coverage. Sadly to say, not even the slightest zombification was noted.

So, by scientific process, I eliminated a substantial number of posts, by a small number of posters here on ATS, as being obviously untrue.

edit on 23/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
PS: Watching videos is not research. Reading stories is not research.

edit on 23/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
PS: Watching videos is not research. Reading stories is not research.

Doesn’t that depend on what your researching/ studying?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After doing my research, the conclusion is to turn off CNN and the TV in general. CNN has been busted plenty of times peddling fake news for political and special interest gain.

The economy has contributed to many great improvements in this world. But as there is a growing economic incentive for the medical community to make people sick and keep them on life long treatments instead of curing disease, things are going wacky.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
But as there is a growing economic incentive for the medical community to make people sick and keep them on life long treatments instead of curing disease, things are going wacky.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You mean the same Covid misinformation that gets posted here thread after thread that's then shown to be false time after time ?

I'd agree I have biases but I've read most of those threads and haven't found many of those proofs to be very convincing at showing it to be false either. When a government is corrupt are we to believe them when they say they are honest? When a pharma company says their product is safe yet it's still experimental should we really believe them? What if we can't believe them? How would you feel in this situation? How will you feel if you find out you were lied to?

For those who can see through the lies it's going to take more than a proof approved by the liars themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Well that is true and just like how the BBC has now being seen that they faked that chemical attack in Syria for the whie helmets.

Why believe everything what MSM says?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join