It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned: "Do your own Research"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well as we continue down the rabbit hole things continue to get worse. Now our friends at CNN say Doing your own research is bad.

www.cnn.com...

This article talks about covid 19 misinformation. And maybe we should'nt do our own research. Even though this is somethign we were taught to do in school as kids. ANyone remeber having to do "research projects" where we would get in trouble if we didnt do our own research.

I love this qoute:

The problem is that most people simply don't know how to do their own research, especially when it comes to understanding the complexities of medical science.

Oh, so we are just to stupid. We should just depend on you CNN, who has been discredited how many times??

its 33 minutes in. Sorry I couldnt find a shortened version.

How do you feel about this? People who are doing their own research are causing harm. You the very people on ATS who do their own research are causing harm. at least thats what CNN says.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How can I put this a way you'll understand?

No one with critical thinking skills, actually gives a damn what CNN's opinion is, about anything. Literally no damns.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

LOL...this is similar to when they told everyone not to read the leaked classified docs because CNN would read for them and tell them what was in it.

Brain dead organization with a brain dead audience.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is exactly just like that. It was like this "Remember only we at CNN/Media have a right to look at the leaked classified docs"

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don’t know why they felt the need to tell anybody to refrain from doing their own research. We are in so many different dumpster fires right now because people don’t pay attention and/or do their own research with anything. They wait to be spoon fed propaganda by the pound on every device they own on every platform they frequent.

I don’t think we are in danger of folks stopping that anytime soon just because Minaj happened to barf up something intelligent into the twittersphere. It would be nice if that “red pilled” millions of folks and I guess they are worried about the few that will ponder leaving the plantation but it’s going to take so much more than Minaj to do it.

The government liked it when both parents started to work for the “American Dream” because that allowed them to use the public education system to raise generations of children just the way they wanted. We all had two cars and a vacation every year but we then had children who were taught to memorize everything they needed instead of thinking and using reason. Now we see the results. People who can’t think for themselves, people who don’t care to nor will ever care enough to do research on anything on their own.

It truly is cradle to grave and it’s working just perfectly for those in charge. CNN is sounding the alarm too early. The only thing that’s going to wake up enough people they have to worry about researching anything will be something so catastrophic that I feel it won’t even matter anymore at that point.

I hope I’m wrong. We got a lot of problems that need fixing for sure.

I guess I’m feeling a little extra doomy today.

edit on 9232021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This article talks about covid 19 misinformation.

You mean the same Covid misinformation that gets posted here thread after thread that's then shown to be false time after time ?
I'm sure those OP's are researched.

People tend not research when it comes to Covid they just look for validation of their existing belief , research is done by those who debunk their BS.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
They're scared of lots of the "misinfo" is real and not misinfo 😎🚬

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If I worked at CNN I would want my audience as dumb as possible. Wouldn’t you? Could this just be a smart business move? I mean if I ran a hot dog stand selling crappy hot dogs and you didn’t know what good hot dogs were I would want you to taste one.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No one with critical thinking skills, actually gives a damn what CNN's opinion is, about anything. Literally no damns.
a reply to: Archivalist

I dont know they sure did scare alot of people a year ago when they would constantly have the covid case numbers and deaths. I think there ratings were through the roof when pandemic first hit.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I’m afraid to type more than two letters or I may go full rage and get banned, so.........BS

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Did anyone catch how the article tried to link do your own research to Q anon? uh O, if you do your own research are you a q person?? Haha. Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

People tend not research when it comes to Covid they just look for validation of their existing belief , research is done by those who debunk their BS.

True say.

Looking stuff on "alternative news" sites is not research. It's looking stuff up on the internet.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Did anyone catch how the article tried to link do your own research to Q anon? uh O, if you do your own research are you a q person?? Haha. Hilarious.

Ya I caught that but I believe the point they are attempting to convey is that the stupid Q LOSER idea has made people completely disregard any and all studies that use at the time factual information.
That does not mean that they are completely wrong at times though. History proves that very easily. But when some people do research a subject many tend to look for op-ed's or really anything that will vilify ones stance so the research that they conduct is in no way helpful as they just go in circles.
Gor nailed this as it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

They are saying, "Don't be an independent thinker, obey us."

#RealTruthBomb

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
How can I put this a way you'll understand?

With respect, I certainly do not agree with this. I do not watch TV, don't follow CNN and certainly don't believe what they have to say...but others do. I have critical thinking skills, and those same skills allows me to feel concern for the world and the massive influence that mediums such as CNN have on shaping opinion and thought. Those things affect us, me, you, everyone here. Just because you don't agree with or follow what CNN has to say on a subject, others most certainly do, and that makes them dangerous...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Did they really say that?

I'm guessing this is true and if it is I'm going to apologize to you and many other Americans I've accused of making stuff up or.over reacting.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2021 by TheReaversChain because: Sorry..

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL...this is similar to when they told everyone not to read the leaked classified docs because CNN would read for them and tell them what was in it.

Brain dead organization with a brain dead audience.

No, it was actually illegal for us ordinary citizens! According to Chris Cuomo it's different for the media.
LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

People buy this sheeyte, people will keep spewing it.

The world is just plain easier if your enemies are simply pointed out to you, dont get bogged down in all this stuff that experts have already deemed wrong thinking, go have a garden McBurger, chicken tendies and a fruit smoothie

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To be fair, if the vast majority of the American public were in possession of basic fact checking tools and critical thinking skills there would be no need for these media channels because the plethora of resources available should suffice to educate any motivated citizen.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join