It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$ 5 Trillion Dollars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The $100 bill is the largest currency bill in circulation in the United States.

A $100 bill is 0.0043" thick

10,000 $100 bills = $1,000,000 dollars, and that is a 43" tall stack of $100 dollar bills. Just a little under 4 feet of $100 bills.

A "Billion" US dollars is a stack of $100 bills which is 1,000x taller than that. A billion dollars is a stack of $100 bills which is 3,583 FEET tall, over a half a MILE!

One "Trillion" US dollars is a stack of $100 dollar bills 1,000x taller still than that. It equates to a stack 3,583,333 FEET tall, or 679 MILES high!

To qualify as an "Astronaut" a person must go above the Karman line which is roughly 62 miles above Sea Level. Our stack of just ONE "Trillion" dollars goes 10x higher than that! The International Space Station orbits at roughly 210 miles above the Earth. Our "trillion" dollar stack exceeds this orbit by a factor of 3x+!

FIVE "Trillion" dollars equates to a stack of $100 bills which is 5x taller than our 679 mile high one trillion dollar stack. 679 miles x 5 = 3,390 MILES high!

A stack of 5 Trillion dollars equals (662) Mt. Everest's stacked on top of each other!!! The Mariana Trench (Challenger Deep) is 6.8 miles deep. Our 5 "Trillion" dollar stack of $100 bills would go all the way to the bottom of Challenger Deep nearly (500) times (498.5 times to be exact)

The US Bureau of Engraving and Printing (the people who print currency in the US) have the capacity to print (mint) 38 million bank notes in a single day. To print 5 "Trillion" $100 bills will take (notice I said "will", and not "would") 1,316 days, or 3.6 YEARS!! AND, that is if they did nothing but print $100 bills for the upcoming "Stimulus" packages! They can't do this, because 95% of the currency printed replaces old currency being taken out of circulation, so it will take much longer. Biden will no longer even be in office, and they will STILL be printing money for this incomprehensible "Stimulus" bill!!

This is the kind of money these people are throwing around, people!!! Like it's pocket change!

Unbelievable!

edit on 9/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First of all, that is mind-boggling, how much money can be printed so quickly and how high a stack of $5 trillion is is.

Second, a lot of it in this day and age is just digital currency. For example I just get my payments directly deposited, this includes the tax returns and stimulus payments. I may move the digital currency around online as I need to and buy things with it and what not. But I never ever really see real currency. I will withdraw money from time to time but not often.
edit on 23-9-2021 by QFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: QFlux
A lot of it in this day and age is just digital currency. For example I just get my payments directly deposited, this includes the tax returns and stimulus payments. I may move the digital currency around online as I need to and buy things with it and what not. But I never ever really see real currency. I will withdraw money from time to time but not often.

Which is precisely why I wrote this!

When money becomes something people can't touch, and/or can no longer see, they lose perspective on what it really means. It's just a number, without any context. Well, here's the context!

It is a GINORMOUS amount of money!

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

National debt no longer matters ,currency is made out of thin air.

The only thing that matters is whether the US gov't and Oligarch have a desire to crash or build up the economy.

So far they have decided to keep it rolling , the question is when will they change their mind?

I suspect the scripted crash wont happen until after the next election and they will keep it propped up until than.

Not that our votes matter or which party is in power matters, but because they utilize machiavellian tactics and it would make it easier for the public to swallow the next elected puppet and continue with the govt overreach under the same democrat party control.

IMO I think they don't even care about money anymore and just power as they can print it on a need as basis. You will own nothing and you will by happy.

with crypto digital currency they don't even have to print
edit on 28930America/ChicagoThu, 23 Sep 2021 13:28:44 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: QFlux
A lot of it in this day and age is just digital currency. For example I just get my payments directly deposited, this includes the tax returns and stimulus payments. I may move the digital currency around online as I need to and buy things with it and what not. But I never ever really see real currency. I will withdraw money from time to time but not often.

Which is precisely why I wrote this!

When money becomes something people can't touch, and/or can no longer see, they lose perspective on what it really means. It's just a number, without any context. Well, here's the context!

It is a GINORMOUS amount of money!

I see what you're saying. And since money is really representative of value and work a person offers, it makes sense there would be a lot more today than say 100 years ago because there are so many more people. What is sad is how the few have so much control of so much of the wealth on earth. I am sure there are wealthy people that use their wealth for the good of humanity, but many do not.

And it is sad there are so much divisions and corruption, because really, the earth has enough for everyone on it to live in prosperity and happiness. But it is not that way. I look forward to the day when money will no longer exist, along with national boundaries, racial boundaries, ethnic boundaries. When the rich won't be too rich, and the poor will no longer exist, and money will NO LONGER BE.
edit on 23-9-2021 by QFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I had a similar conversation about money the other day. Someone was complaining about bezos having 200 billion dollars to which i noted it would take 30 years to count to 1 billion. Bezos if anything has 200 billion in secured credit. There is only 1.2 trillion of printed currency in circulation to begin with.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The US Bureau of Engraving and Printing (the people who print currency in the US) have the capacity to print (mint) 38 million bank notes in a single day. To print 5 "Trillion" $100 bills will take (notice I said "will", and not "would") 1,316 days, or 3.6 YEARS!! AND, that is if they did nothing but print $100 bills for the upcoming "Stimulus" packages!

You are confused about how our monetary system works.

Probably 99.99% of this new 'money' will be created electronically. Virtually none will be 'printed'.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I know that! You know that!

That was completely NOT the point! And, you knew that too! I'm not confused about anything! It's an illustration.

The point was, and is, money is real...we should not allow it to be viewed as some abstract concept. When the bill collector comes around for your rent, or your taxes, you have to provide him with real money, money you earned, to satisfy the bill, right? You can't pay him with some abstract concept, he wants hard currency. And, you get paid in hard currency. The world we live in is defined by hard currency...not some abstract concept!
edit on 9/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Very good visual comparison with the stacks.

Nothing more to add other than, we are screwed , by design.

Good bye greenback, hello Wuan bei zing hao digital currency shi shi.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Money and power have become faith based.

I suppose they may always have been in some respect.

Its an interesting look into human nature and the concept of freedom.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Times that by 5

Think usa is 25 trillion in debt anyway....

Interesting none the less ty

Riouz

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That's the point. Artificial inflation, by design.

In my modest opinion, every major, modern economist acts like inflation is something that "comes with the territory" rather than coming out and telling the people that it's all a farce concocted by the richest families who control the biggest businesses.

5 trillion dollars is a joke. The USA should have never left the gold standard, nor CONgress should have agreed to it's demise during the Nixon era. We had control over the monetary supply, in order to curb inflation and "print less coin".

But what happens? Oligarchies take control and drive prices up, all while the governments answer is to tell the Fed to print more cash.

Almost as if it's by design to ruin the nation.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is old but at least it still applies until we begin counting in quadrillions.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If they pass the 5 trillion dollar boondoggle, I'm going to make sure my family gets at least a crumb or two!

Americans put these idiots in office, so soak their programs for everything you can get.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
this is why bitcoin, litecoin, gold and silver and your best chances of beating the hyper inflation coming to the US.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

we humans have existed so long in a state of mass psychosis, yes i get currency on my account and i can use it to buy food, but its still not real, we could be using sticks and stones for that, and quite literally we are, we all just agree to play along, we keep supporting this grand hallucination we call society.

Where has it gotten us?

Some people went to the moon.
Smartphones.
War.
Control.
Vaccines.
And billions of people.

Almost every decision we have made in the history of the human race, was a fail, a mistake that always created more problems that it solved.

When will we learn?
Never.
Because we have pushed evolution off its tracks, and we are experiencing that last bit of violent free fall before we crash and burn.

We messed up at some point, a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I find this visual infographic very helpful to illustrate the overwhelming financial stress that you are describing. I see that panoz77 beat me to it, however this image may serve as an expansion on their contribution.

edit on 23-9-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

I know that! You know that!

That was completely NOT the point! And, you knew that too! I'm not confused about anything! It's an illustration.

The point was, and is, money is real...we should not allow it to be viewed as some abstract concept. When the bill collector comes around for your rent, or your taxes, you have to provide him with real money, money you earned, to satisfy the bill, right? You can't pay him with some abstract concept, he wants hard currency. And, you get paid in hard currency. The world we live in is defined by hard currency...not some abstract concept!

Actually, that is one of the big problems with our monetary system... everything you said is wrong/backwards.

Our monetary system is, in fact, specifically NOT based on real money (that would be gold and silver coin), it is based on fraud - it is DEBT based, meaning, the only way new 'money' can get into circulation is it MUST BE BORROWED into circulation.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don’t use a debit card, and I only use a credit card on line.

I like my money the folding kind. Do you ever put on a pair of jeans right out of the dryer. So warm and soft. Money is like that. And I’m much more frugal with real green backs. I pay for grocery’s in cash. I pay my bar tabs in cash. I tip the waitress in cash every time. At the end of the month, I owe nothing to anyone. If I have any money left I pay the strippers or working girls in cash.
I love to screw with the IRS. It’s just who I am.

Have you ever tried to buy into a poker game with a credit card? The US has lost something with digital money. I am willing to bet if everyone of you paid in cash for your purchases, you would be shocked at how much money you wasted.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
$5 trillion only takes up 14 characters on a computer monitor if you include the dollar sign. US has the strongest currency in the world. The government can create whatever it needs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join