It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US admired the new Russian motorcycle Ural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Justin Daves, a journalist for the American portal Cycle World, praised the latest motorcycle model from the Russian manufacturer Ural.

In general, the video says it all. I want to share my personal experience. In my youth, during the Soviet era, the Ural was a very heavy motorcycle. I, having not fully mastered the light Czechoslovakian "Cheset" (Česká zbrojovka Strakonice CZ), moved to the heavy Ural (two-wheeled). Naturally, he lost control, fell 2 times. But it felt like a Harley.

In my opinion - by far one of the most comfortable and reliable motorcycles for life in the countryside and extreme travel.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

What a bike !

Added it to bucket list.
edit on 23-9-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Noice post and vid. Sorta bike I could like living where I do.

Cheers,

Bally

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Unless they've made some serious headway in the last five years with their quality I wouldn't own one. They used to be plagued with problems; drive line malfunctions, leaky carbs, shoddy swing arms, and more. In regards to that, they also seemed to be pretty easy to repair. However, just not breaking down all the time would be a preferable option.

The only people I did know who owned them only used them as street bikes, simply to show off their fancy import with the two wheel drive and a sidecar. They were the same people with Jeep Wranglers that had been lifted with rock crawling tires, snorkels, and the rest of the works only to never see a speck of dirt land upon them.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The Limited Edition GEO has just become available for a rather steep asking price of $26,999 ($34,499 in Canada),

If I had that kind of money to spend on a bike....the Ural wouldn't be it!

edit on 23-9-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

The Limited Edition GEO has just become available for a rather steep asking price of $26,999 ($34,499 in Canada),

The cost of a motorcycle in Russia is about $ 17,000. True, there is no branded flask with Russian vodka included with a motorcycle in Russia))))

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I had a GBZ 1100 back in the day and sank a couple of $k into the engine etc.
A bear of a rocket ship!
After getting cut off and laying it down on the rotary outside Otis AFB on Rte. 28 on Cape Cod I sold it the next day.

I realized I may as well just get a gun and put on in the brain pan. I was gonna die on that thing.

That filled the “need for speed” part of my life...

Cool looking bike OP!

Thanks.......😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: 41.422500, -70.911944

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have been an Ural owner since 2012.
Its on its second motor and has over 30000 klicks on the frame. She's still my baby. Most of those miles are hard miles. Its eaten a ton of west texas blowsand and new mexico dirt.

Wouldn't trade it for any other experience. Still they have gone up 10000$ since I bought mine. That really makes the bike impractical.. Not to mention how much the EPA ruined the bike with disc brakes and fuel injection.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Wow that's pricey. granted this
is a 250, it comes complete with a side car for $9,999.00 USD.

Those around here that bought them, love them. Cost about the same in maintenance as Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki. No it's not as luxurious as other bikes, but it's simple and dependable according to those I know that have them.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Its a 750 Cc not a 250.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

30k kms and on a second motor? Yikes! At least it sounds like you're using the bike what it's intended for though, I'll give you that.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Yea blowing the first one was all my fault. I took it in the nose. 300 miles on a 108 degree day. I should have just called into work instead of pushing it. Still, made it home on one cylinder and didnt have to call a wrecker.

new topics

top topics

join