It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lancet Finally Publishes COVID Lab-Leak Information, Arguing No Direct Evidence For Natural Origins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Puzzled what are minks, big cats and non-human primates catching?

Maryland Zoo is one of 70 U.S. facilities vaccinating wild animals against the coronavirus

I like this statement thinking applies to some other primates too.

John Flanders Jr., an associate veterinarian at the Maryland Zoo, said most of the animals getting the vaccine have been trained to take injections voluntarily,

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: infolurker

lol.

Here's an 'out-there' idea:

Imagine if a disease that seems specifically adapted to one species on the planet, actually arose in that species?

Imagine it was a relatively benign and not particularly infectious cold virus, slightly related to a couple of similar but more dangerous viruses, but this one was really mild, so no-one gave it much mind, and one day it acquired a few mutations that made it more infectious and dangerous at the same time.

Oh bootlicker, your persistence is admirable. Yes, your theory would be wonderful, until you mention the part where it surfaced in WUHAN CHINA, right next to a VIROLOGY lab that takes benign bat viruses and changes their molecular structure to make them more transmissible in humans and more deadly. Once you bring that part into the story, even the really, really, and I do mean really, stupid kids have to start to question things. But I totally get why you don't.

There are indications that it was in Europe (France and Italy) prior to the outbreak in Wuhan.

There are virology labs there, too.

Also, the virology labs were taking the spike protein sequence (the way the viruses infect a cell) from these bat viruses and inserting it into unfertile virions for testing if it could penetrate human, and food species, cell samples.

None of these bat viruses have the particular spike protein seen in SARS-CoV-2.

NO.

Was in Italy before we KNEW about wuhan.

In 3 cities with 250k people FROM wuhan.

Spread your misinformation elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Maryland Zoo is one of 70 U.S. facilities vaccinating wild animals against the coronavirus

John Flanders Jr., an associate veterinarian at the Maryland Zoo, said most of the animals getting the vaccine have been trained to take injections voluntarily,

Cats and some similar species have similar enough ACE2 receptors for the virus to penetrate their cells. That does not mean that all the effects of the virus seen in humans (like replication of the virus) occurs. While there are a few instances of cat species seemingly having the disease, it doesn't seem to be particularly predominant.

I proposed a couple of times on ATS that if there was zoonoses involved in the origin of COVID-19, that domestic cats - common companion animals - would be the most likely source.

This contrasts with the epidemiological data which doesn't show a lot of human-feline infections.

Of course, my suggestion of this was immediately ridiculed because Brawndo is what plants crave, it's got electrolytes "It comes from bats, from a lab in Wuhan" and there is no other reasonable explanation.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Seems like a propaganda piece to me. If SARS CoV 2 easily infects dogs and cats, why are people's pets not infected by it? Infected people spend far more time in close proximity with their pets without mask on than they do with a few lions in a zoo at a significant distance away.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

lol.

Imagine if a disease that seems specifically adapted to one species on the planet, actually arose in that species?

Imagine it was a relatively benign and not particularly infectious cold virus, slightly related to a couple of similar but more dangerous viruses, but this one was really mild, so no-one gave it much mind, and one day it acquired a few mutations that made it more infectious and dangerous at the same time.

Oh bootlicker, your persistence is admirable. Yes, your theory would be wonderful, until you mention the part where it surfaced in WUHAN CHINA, right next to a VIROLOGY lab that takes benign bat viruses and changes their molecular structure to make them more transmissible in humans and more deadly. Once you bring that part into the story, even the really, really, and I do mean really, stupid kids have to start to question things. But I totally get why you don't.

There are indications that it was in Europe (France and Italy) prior to the outbreak in Wuhan.

Also, the virology labs were taking the spike protein sequence (the way the viruses infect a cell) from these bat viruses and inserting it into unfertile virions for testing if it could penetrate human, and food species, cell samples.

NO.

While it is highly likely that SARS-CoV-2 originated in China, it is not a foregone conclusion. There is some data that shows very early cases spread across Europe, Japan, the USA, and Thailand.

SARS-CoV-2 was already spreading in France in late December 2019

Introductions and early spread of SARS-CoV-2 in France, 24 January to 23 March 2020

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating in northern Italy since December 2019: Evidence from environmental monitoring

Antibodies to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in All of Us Research Program Participants, 2 January to 18 March 2020

Case Report: Post-mortem Histopathological and Molecular Analyses of the Very First Documented COVID-19-Related Death in Europe

Evidence for Limited Early Spread of COVID-19 Within the United States, January-February 2020

Identification of a Novel Pathogen Using Family-Wide PCR: Initial Confirmation of COVID-19 in Thailand

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ihavethepower

Seems like a propaganda piece to me. If SARS CoV 2 easily infects dogs and cats, why are people's pets not infected by it? Infected people spend far more time in close proximity with their pets without mask on than they do with a few lions in a zoo at a significant distance away.

It is known that the spike protein can penetrate cells in cat species. This does not mean that all the features of the SARS-CoV-2 virus operate in those cat species, in the way it does in human species.

As demonstrated with the vaccines that cause an immune response to the spike protein, the spike, by itself, is not the whole virus, and is relatively benign on its own.

The viral payload actually turns off human ACE2, after it has penetrated the cell, and this non-functionality of the infected cells ACE2 cause most of the cell breakdown that leads to ARDS symptoms.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

lol.

NO.

The red mouthpiece knows no better.
It's purpose is spreading misinformation.
It gets called out, and continues with the state approved bs.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Lol
Don't believe the WHO now?
Ahahahaha
SCIENCE......except when it is not state approved.

Ahahahahaha
Aaaaahahahahaha

The WHO sends it regards.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

So, you have nothing to say about the posted papers.

Just unfounded and untrue personal attack.

Do you think that is contributing to the topic?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
Don't believe the WHO now?
Ahahahaha
SCIENCE......except when it is not state approved.

Ahahahahaha
Aaaaahahahahaha

The WHO sends it regards.

I doubt very much that the World Health Organization even knows I exist, but I am also fairly sure that you have no authority to speak on their behalf.

The links to the papers that I posted are from numerous sources around the world and only one of them was from World Health Organization affiliated researchers.

Most notably, none of the posted papers were from Chinese authors.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Knock off the tit for tat, please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

the problem with your theory of cats, is the mutation from human to animal the resulting output is not supposed to be contagious to humans but the mink outbreak in Demark showed it was.

There is no proof it wasn't man-made just as there is no proof it was started by an all-natural route.

But as there is a fair few to choose from now does it matter
variants wonder if they all go from a viral infection to severe immune response.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I believe it was lab made and unleashed onto the people so they can sell their vax and tests and masks to make profit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join