It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers storm out of classified Afghanistan briefing after questions go unanswered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"Multiple lawmakers angrily stormed out of a classified briefing with members of the Biden administration on Afghanistan on Wednesday morning, according to three sources familiar with the briefing.

The Republican and Democratic lawmakers grew frustrated after State Department, Pentagon, Department of Homeland Security, and Office of the Director of National Security officials failed to answer their basic questions during the briefing for members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, the sources told CNN."

www.cnn.com...

From what I can surmise in reading a few different articles on this it seems the primary concern from the Republican and Democratic lawmakers is the inability for the State Department to present a totally accurate account of how many Americans are still in Afghanistan. No doubt I am sure it's a fluid situation as I believe the demarcation being used is wording to the effect of "Americans who want to leave Afghanistan will be transported out" .

That being said when you have bi-partisan frustration forming I think it really speaks to how much this administration seems to be struggling with many different scenarios it is currently faced with.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Normally CNN does not warrant attention.
It seems the tide has turned.
Bi Partisan so wait Joe is uniting the parties
His methods are suspect.
Possibly criminal.
a reply to: opethPA

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

LOL CNN. Got anything credible ? You might as well be posting BITCHUTE videos.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I heard it was because the Admin people didn't know what was classified at the time 😃

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Only 8 short months ago.
Link

There will be moments when we disagree, and there will certainly be days where we disagree for extensive parts of the briefing even, perhaps,” she said. "But we have a common goal, which is sharing accurate information with the American people.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
From the article:

"A State Department spokesperson told CNN on Wednesday that "as a general matter, we do not comment on communications with Congress, especially those conducted in a classified setting."

Since when?

Also from the article:

"Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, who attended the briefing, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead" on Wednesday that "everybody walked out" from the meeting.."

Yes, that's how every meeting ends. Names? Party affiliations? Did they just walk out, or did they leave abruptly because they were upset about what was said in the meeting. And if they did, just say that. Clarity CNN. It's a wonderful thing. "everybody walked out" doesn't cut it.

And finally, in the very first sentence, "according to three sources familiar with the briefing." Yup, no names, no quotes, just more "people" who know stuff.
edit on 22-9-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

In that context, to "walk out" of a meeting is understood to be leaving before a meeting is concluded, and not happily.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Would it be a lie if I said at my last meeting "people walked out of the meeting". I know the intention of stating it that way by CNN.

a reply to: new_here

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

No.

Bitchute is a mixed bag. Some stuff on Bitchute is solid, some is junk; it's up to the viewer to discern and decide.

EVERYTHING on CNN is garbage.
:
edit on 2021 9 22 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

In that context, to "walk out" of a meeting is understood to be leaving before a meeting is concluded, and not happily.

Ohhhh...you mean common and colloquially understood language. Yeah...that guy doesn't quite get that. Seriously, I do not know why anyone responds to him. He clearly thrives on it...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

No.

Stone stuff on Bitchute is solid, some is junk; it's up to the viewer to discern and decide.

That isn't true but also no point in trying to argue it.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

No.

Stone stuff on Bitchute is solid, some is junk; it's up to the viewer to discern and decide.

Yes, it is true. I'll argue the point

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

No.

Yes, it is true. I'll argue the point

Ooh ooh...I'll referee. Now where do we get some ring girls...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead" on Wednesday that "everybody walked out" from the meeting, and he questioned whether administration officials knew the number of Americans still in the country.

So that republican is a liar?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That being said when you have bi-partisan frustration forming I think it really speaks to how much this administration seems to be struggling with many different scenarios it is currently faced with.

This administration is not struggling with this. It is achieving exactly what they want to achieve.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

He knows that. He is just here to spin it.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
From the article:

And finally, in the very first sentence, "according to three sources familiar with the briefing." Yup, no names, no quotes, just more "people" who know stuff.

Isn't that where the bar has been set? Hell impeachments have been started over "unnamed sources"...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Honest Question here.

So I should avoid BITCHUTE because “everything posted“ there is a lie?

WOW, and all the stars you got...

Just sayin...um, askin.

Cheers! 😎

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They also want to know why Joe Biden didn't order the suicide bomber be taken out, after the Pentagon informed him what was coming on August 26th. (Suicide bomber killed 13 Americans and +100 Afghan citizens)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
a reply to: sciencelol

Honest Question here.

So I should avoid BITCHUTE because “everything posted“ there is a lie?

WOW, and all the stars you got...

Just sayin...um, askin.

Cheers! 😎

No I am just doing the left /this op thing and attacking the source without even looking at it.

I like Bitchute but still think CNN is pure propaganda
edit on 23-9-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join