It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Restaurants Right To Refuse Service During COVID or in general

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
LOL....

Didn't get the answers you wanted in the original thread?

Yes....they have the right to refuse service. It is a private business.

If you don't like their rules then don't go there. It is that simple.

If you honestly believe that I was I wrote this thread then that is on you and not my problem to deal with.

I like to research topics that come up here which I am not knowledgeable on and figured maybe someone else wanted to know the same kind of info so I tried to do what the tag motto for this site once was: deny ignorance.

I linked the original as a reference point to show where the questions I had came from and those questions are literally in the original post of this thread in the third paragraph:

"As people replied to that it got me thinking about what is actually covered by that right to refuse service. What is legal ? What does the law say and go figure its confusing and up to interpretation in many cases."
edit on 22-9-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Two points that you expanded on :

Constitutionality : Yes . There are seven factors that cannot be discriminated against . Nothing more.
Private business : only declared as public due to many folks using them . Nothing to do with whether it is a PRIVATE business or not.

No shirt. No shoes . No service .That's all you had to think about BEFORE you posted .

And there is the rest of the story .
Period

Actually no, I can post about anything I want here ..You can choose to not read it if you want.

I wanted to know , legally, what does "no shirt , no shoes , no service" actually mean by letter of the law. I think everyone has an idea of what it means but I wanted to know for sure.
edit on 22-9-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Are you pitching the argument that restaurants should be able to deny service for patrons without a mask, but should NOT be able to deny service to patrons wearing a mask?

I am not pitching anything.

I did research into a question I had without any bias and tried to link the info I found so people can make their own informed decision.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

LOL....

If you honestly believe that I was I wrote this thread then that is on you and not my problem to deal with.

I like to research topics that come up here which I am not knowledgeable on and figured maybe someone else wanted to know the same kind of info so I tried to do what the tag motto for this site once was: deny ignorance.

I linked the original as a reference point to show where the questions I had came from and those questions are literally in the original post of this thread in the third paragraph:

"As people replied to that it got me thinking about what is actually covered by that right to refuse service. What is legal ? What does the law say and go figure its confusing and up to interpretation in many cases."

If it is a private business then anything they want to do is ok within the law.

They specifically told the patron when they walked in that no masks were allowed....twice according to the patrons post.

Oddly they said they didn't hear it, yet referenced they were told twice.

It had nothing to do with any legal discrimination law.

It was all about the virtue signaling.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

LOL....

They specifically told the patron when they walked in that no masks were allowed....twice according to the patrons post.

It seems like the other thread is where these thoughts of yours would best fit.

I started this thread to truly get some info around what restaurant can and can't do within the limits of the law.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

LOL....

I started this thread to truly get some info around what restaurant can and can't do within the limits of the law.

Happy you want to direct the answers you'd like in your threads.

I answer threads based on the topic. I have done so..

Restaurants can do anything they want withing their legal rights in their area.

Come at me with the legal rights of this restaurant in their area and we can discuss.

Mt guess is you have no clue what the legal rights are for a restaurant in this area.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I used to think that until it became clear that people have to make gay wedding cakes against their will.
edit on 22 9 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I used to think that until it became clear that people have to make gay wedding cakes against their will.

Then it works the opposite way as well.

I should be able to walk into a "woke" bakery and have a cake made that says "Fvck Gays" right?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

If people can't use others restaurants, they should just create their own.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I should be able to walk into a "woke" bakery and have a cake made that says "Fvck Gays" right?

I'd like to think that you could, but I would not be surprised if it somehow got turned into a hate crime.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

LOL....

Come at me with the legal rights of this restaurant in their area and we can discuss.

Mt guess is you have no clue what the legal rights are for a restaurant in this area.

My guess is I know more about what is legal when it comes to service refusal now that I have researched it and given links to all the laws plus information around the different exceptions.

Then again it really doesn't matter to me what you think I don't know.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

LOL....

My guess is I know more about what is legal when it comes to service refusal now that I have researched it and given links to all the laws plus information around the different exceptions.

Then again it really doesn't matter to me what you think I don't know.

I am sure you do.

So why 2 threads on the question if you already know the answer?

And what's the answer for the town you posted about?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how they would eat wearing a mask..seems like the mask comes off at some point.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm still trying to figure out how they would eat wearing a mask..seems like the mask comes off at some point.

Only when you get the feeling to dance....

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Is that a recommendation or an insult?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Is that a recommendation or an insult?

Guess it depends on your bakery?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'd like to think that you could, but I would not be surprised if it somehow got turned into a hate crime.

Why? It is my 1st ammendment right, just like anyone else.

Why can they deny it? They have no idea of my meaning behind it....maybe I like to fvck gays.

And this is the slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

It's weird how individual liberty was so imperative when mask policies were being enforced, but now the individual liberty to wear a mask for personal protection is dismissed.

But watch now how nobody really cares because the forum majority is anti-mask and therefore quietly accepts this restaurant's practices.

I disagree, from what I've seen most members here have been consistent.

I think people should be able to wear a mask if they want. I also think a restaurant should be able to require one or not if they so desire.

I'll also decide if I give them my business or not.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

It's weird how individual liberty was so imperative when mask policies were being enforced, but now the individual liberty to wear a mask for personal protection is dismissed.

But watch now how nobody really cares because the forum majority is anti-mask and therefore quietly accepts this restaurant's practices.

I disagree, from what I've seen most members here have been consistent.

I think people should be able to wear a mask if they want. I also think a restaurant should be able to require one or not if they so desire.

I'll also decide if I give them my business or not.

Bingo.

Patronize or not....

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm sure the owners of this restaurant agree....and are tired of playing charades

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join