It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news FB stock drops after company warns Apple’s privacy changes to have bigger Q3 impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good. Lost revenue is big news for Facebook stock holders. I don't own stock in the see eye ay Facebook and never will.

Facebook stock drops after company warns Apple’s privacy changes to have bigger Q3 impact.

Facebook today provided an update on how Apple’s privacy changes have impacted its ad business. The company had already warned investors during its second-quarter earnings that it expected to feel an even more significant impact in its ad targeting business by Q3. This morning, it reiterated that point, but also noted that it had been underreporting iOS web conversions by approximately 15%, which had led advertisers to believe the impact was even worse than they expected.

According to Facebook’s announcement published to its business blog, this exact percentage could vary broadly among individual advertisers. But it said the real-world conversions, including things like sales and app installs, are likely higher than what advertisers are seeing when using Facebook’s analytics.

Facebook’s stock has dropped by nearly 4% on this news, as of the time of writing.

techcrunch.com... cc=TCdailynewsletter

edit on Wed Sep 22 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What is the privacy changes that apple is implementing that FB is getting hit on?
I figured apple and fb were in the same boat - all in on collecting and selling our data.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So I guess it's good news for people wanting to buy FB stock?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

What is the privacy changes that apple is implementing that FB is getting hit on?
I figured apple and fb were in the same boat - all in on collecting and selling our data.

It may have something to do with EU stuff. Later I'll see what I can dig up.
Thanks for asking. Gives me something to do later on in the day.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I've just decided to leave Android ( & Gaggle) after more than a decade, now I'm going to switch to Crapple ios. I still don't know if iphone is the best way to go, but I'd like to eradicate Gaggle from my life. Am I making the right decision? 🤷‍♂️

top topics

join