It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does This Mean To You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, the question arises, "Who are you?"

Not labels, not titles, not awards, not diplomas.

Who are you?

I'm beginning to think it doesn't really matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Of course it matters.

I can't even say I'm a husband because that would require a "wife".

I am man.

I am a man.

I can't even say I'm a good man or a bad man because that would require an outside reference.

You do matter, we all matter.

We're also just references for others ego's.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We're also just references for others ego's.

We're all mirrors for others.
A mirror should only really be concerned with how accurately it reflects...not what it reflects to others.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"Dust in the wind,

All we are is dust in the wind ..."

Very wise and related to your topic OP. The material is transitory and transitional and much of what we are is material like the other things we are surrounded by. Only the soul is eternal.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: summer5
Simply put... Have no attachments. When you die before you die you release attachment to worldly things and or worldly possessions.

I heard many years ago that you never see a U haul behind a hearse. Very true statement.

We are not our bodies. We are not our bank accounts. We are not our career. There is no death. Death is an illusion.

I have sat bedside off many at their time of death. I have learned so much from those close to death and witnessed many amazing experiences.

I Love this so much. Both my parents recently passed away. I talked to a lot of Hospice nurses, workers etc.
Not a single one was sad or depressed, actually quite the opposite.
Why is that?

I think they know this isn’t it… Lots of weird things happen at hospice, I’d love to hear some of the stories.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Do not stand
By my grave, and weep.
I am not there,
I do not sleep—
I am the thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints in snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle, autumn rain.
As you awake with morning’s hush,
I am the swift, up-flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the day transcending night.
Do not stand
By my grave, and cry—
I am not there,
I did not die.

Authorship disputed...

But on topic, the closest I can come to an explanation falls in line with someone else wrote about using hallucinogens and an experience I had many years ago; call it what you will but I died that night and was reborn only to realize it's happened many times before.
edit on 2021231202100000030 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I read it as stripping down your ego (death of it) so you just remain (nearly always) in the present, as the ego is what holds you back in life?

And once you achieve this, you will become enlightened and present and happy in life, which means you will be the best version of yourself, therfore death will not be issue, as you've lived and appreciated the best life possible.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you."

- Kill yourself with gym and diet.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The dosage instructions on prescriptions.......there not there as a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OMG. They make it sound so . . . awful.
Lost, forlorn, dreary.

It isn't.

For al of your old "heartfelt" writings and poems and stuff . . . find a writers forum . . . and start recording all of your early years nonsense writings for posterity. Shakespeare did it. Caesar did it. Hitler did it. Everyone does it.
You are just as essential as any of these, maybe more so because you are not famous or important.

For all of your old tools, sell em on ebay or craigslist or facebook. Its good karma. Someone that needs a power washer but can't afford a new one can buy your old one for half price and can maintain his property with it. And you get a nice steak dinner out of the deal. And maybe a new friend.

Garbage is garbage. Should have thrown it away when created. Getting rid of clutter and cleaning will boost your spirits.
And that is a fact . . . even if you are a slob.

Down sizing your life saves money and improves your lifestyle. It liberates you to move to a place that suits your activity level.

and now . . . really important . . . if you are married . . . and especially if you are older or are living through a global pandemic.
If you die (sorry to be morbid), the love of your life is going to have to clean up that mess while dealing with grief and she is going to give away that yellow 1970 Chevrolet K-20 (that is a mint 3/4 ton Chevy 4X4 that is worth $15K to some) for $15 hundred bucks. And your tools, motor stands, welding equipment, and blacksmith anvil is going to end up in the garages of your best friends.

Get er done.

That's what it means . . . to me
edit on 23-9-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Hebrews 9:27, "... it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

The judgment is a decision made, as to whether those men should continue on Earth via reincarnation... Or whether any of them should have some other kind of afterlife destiny.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ecclesiastes 9: 5, "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

However, reincarnation allows the dead-n-gone to busy themselves in making new memories.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ecclesiastes 1: 9, "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 "Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us."

Just like people: even the world reincarnates. Together, we have each always been actors in a movie, called "Life On Earth". Pre-scripted, but also even pre-recorded. Again and again, the world ends. It always ends after two different series of 11 evolutions (22 in all) play out.

Currently, we are almost at the very end of our 22nd evolution.

Again and again, the world ends - only to play out from "In the beginning..." And Noah and Moses and even you and me (though other people are inhabiting our bodies, just like we have moved on to yet other vessels, too), we do everything all over, again. Just like before.

KJV. Isaiah 26: 19, "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead."

Pre-scripted.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLightOnEarth2
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ecclesiastes 9: 5, "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

However, reincarnation allows the dead-n-gone to busy themselves in making new memories.

If there is reincarnation it would. I never say anything outside the scripturas, it certainly has not told us everything and we will know soon enough.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join