It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shy'Kemmia Pate was 8 years old when she vanished.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Shy'Kemmia Pate was 8 years old on Sept. 4th, 1998, the day she vanished while playing outside of a neighbor's house in tiny Unadilla, Georgia. NAMUS

Shy'Kemmia and her older sister were planning to go to a high school football game later that day. When her sister returned from running an errand to pick up Shy'Kemmia and head to the game, she was gone. Family assumed Shy'Kemmia had gotten a ride from someone else but when she never appeared at the game, they contacted police who informed them that Shy'Kemmia could not be reported missing for 24 hours. This is not only 100% FALSE information from the police, but also led to a delay in searches and evidence collection that may have been the difference between life and death for the little girl.

Once police were involved every resource was used to attempt to locate Shy'Kemmia to no avail. Investigators have said that the location Shy'Kemmia disappeared from was near a club that had a reputation for drug dealing and has since been closed and theorize that her abductor was someone familiar to the area and perhaps even known to Shy'Kemmia, because Unadilla is such a small town that a new or different vehicle would stick out like a sore thumb. In the year 2000, the population of Unadilla was only 2,772. There was a person of interest in this case who fit the FBI Profile of the possible abductor but this man has remained publicly unnamed.

Shy'Kemmia was 4'4" and weighed 59lbs at the time of her disappearance. She was last seen wearing a lime green Atlanta Braves button up shirt, Levi blue jeans and dark blue or black K-Swiss sneakers. She had shoulder length braids with gold beads at the time of her disappearance. She would be 31 years old today.

Here is a picture of Shy'Kemmia:

www.41nbc.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This type of news saddens everyone's heart.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

This may sound awful but hopefully she died soon after. Torture would be worse.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
These stories are always heart and gut wrenching. Degrades doing crimes on children is an unforgiveable act.

One think I stumbled over though in your OP that kind of dumbfounded me. You wrote

because Unadilla is such a small town that a new or different vehicle would stick out like a sore thumb. In the year 2000, the population of Unadilla was only 2,772.

I grew up in a 2000 resident town and while certain brand new cars would stick out. Sure, got to know a lot of cars and owner info, a new car does not stick out like a sore thumb though. The town isn't a drive-through location with lot's of traffic either, silent nest where hen and fox tell each other good night.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

This is why the response time is crucial. About 75 percent of children who are abducted by a stranger are killed within 3 hours of their disappearance. It is horrible all the way around. Every child missing or murdered is a possibility for greatness gone forever. We probably will never know what contributions Shy'Kemmia would have made to the world. Very very sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

This is just how the police phrased it in one of the articles I read about her. That was their reasoning for thinking that it had to be someone local.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I was almost abducted twice as a child...Parents do everything you can to keep your kids safe!

You are not crazy, there are truly evil evil people out there.

I watched a documentary a while back, it said a lot of criminals were getting out of the drug scene as human
trafficing was much more lucrative.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ah I see now. Do you share that opinion that a new car in a 2700 people town would stick out like a sore thumb? It's just something not in alignment with my own experiences.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Ah I see now. Do you share that opinion that a new car in a 2700 people town would stick out like a sore thumb? It's just something not in alignment with my own experiences.

A new car with strangers in it just might .

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I watched a documentary a while back, it said a lot of criminals were getting out of the drug scene as human
trafficing was much more lucrative.

with the moral degradation of the people in this Country, it's not as hard as it used to be to imagine the kind of monster it would take to go from harming yourself, to ruining a Childs and that Childs family forever. I'm not sure Satan if he's real, has enough hate in his heart to punish that person's soul as it should be punished.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Might but not might. Until I moved away I saw people living there never seen before, living there all their lives. I don't think someone can memorize 2700 people and all their cars.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

These stories cut me to the core. What a beautiful little girl, i can only imagine the hell her parents have gone through.

Probably not a popular opinion but i'd see every child abductor/molester tortured and hung.

edit on 22/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Life in prison is to good for the people doing the kidnapping , murder. If you kill , hurt , molest a child you need to be hung in public. Make a example of these fkers and send a message.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This stuff eats at me.
Right now there’s a little girls mom and dad wondering where their baby is.
How she is... if she even IS anymore.

As a father of two teenage girls, this terrifies me... and I actually find myself thinking about “what if’s” like this often about them.
Breaks my heart.

She would be 31 years old now?
Damn, that is a lot of sleepless nights for those parents.
I feel for them.

join