It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Service Announcement Get your holiday Stuff Early

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I used to get annoyed that stores would have Christmas stuff up in July, but this year I think we are going to see something different.

For starters, I noticed that the typical Halloween crap that is for sale is way way way down. I know 99% of this stuff comes from China.
I’ve heard that Christmas trees and decorations will also be in short supply.
I don’t know where you live, but in my area the worker shortage is getting pretty serious. Restaurants have shut down, some have altered their operating hours. A few that are open have long wait time and a limited menu. Everything retail is the same way. There aren’t enough workers, and product selection is looking a little bare. Have you noticed that Amazon is taking forever now too. The days of 2 day shipping seem to be a distant memory.

I told my kids/relatives if there is something specific you want to let me know now or assume you probably aren’t going to get it.
In addition to holiday crap, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are food shortages. If you need spices in particular you probably want to grab those now. I live near a gigantic spice hub and they have been limiting spices for the last few months. If you do a lot of baking take heed.

edit on 22-9-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

For us overseas, we have been told to expect a "wheat/flour " price increase and shortage by December of this year. We probably will go out and buy a few 1 pound bags of it soon.

Imports of cookies made in Malaysia ( yes, your cookies are also made in Malaysia these days, and your Oreo cookies can come from China too ) are in short supply. Candies that use real sugar , their stocks are also low. Other then that, high and daily higher prices is all I see.

edit on 0900000046292021-09-22T15:29:46-05:00294609pm3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm trying to stock up on at least 3 months worth of everything I use consistently.
The holidays are not even a consideration this year.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Honestly, I'm trying to stock up on at least 3 months worth of everything I use consistently.
The holidays are not even a consideration this year.

Yep, I'm doing the same.
I'm also trying to think about things that might go up sharply in price vs things I can easily obtain locally.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Last few years is been really sad when it comes to the holidays, used to be such a pretty site in the malls before, we will go and walk around just to enjoy the decorations.

If you can not find things in the malls or stores the internet is the best second choice.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Malls???

What are "Malls"????

Way back, many moons ago, I vaguely remember these places called "Malls" where teenagers went to hang out, and Mall "security" guards went to pass away from obesity at The Corndog Factory.

Now they have these things called 'patio malls' or 'patio centers', or something like that. They come complete with their own SEAL teams, machine guns and armored personnel carriers. People shudder in fear as they walk outside in the rain and driving snow from store to store. But hey, there's always a Starbucks nearby to get your "woke" on.

Too cynical???

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes big cities have them, I live in an area that we still have a mall, surviving but still there,

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We do have Startbucks, it was 4 of them in the city, but 1 closed out after covid, I no longer go there, I have a nice local cafe I love to go and know the owners for years.

Much better and no as liberal

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Mostly they call them "Outlet Malls" now.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That's so spot on it's sad.

Our malls have curfews. There was a really nice mall but the thugs keep ruining it for everyone.
Now all the suburbanites avoid it like the plague and it's going downhill. Our patio mall is very upscale, cold,
and has security and cameras every three feet. The prices there refect that.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How many container ships offshore in California waiting to get unloaded? Last I heard it was 56. Dont forget about truck diver shortage. It just keeps getting better. (Sarc)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: marg6043

Malls???

What are "Malls"????

Way back, many moons ago, I vaguely remember these places called "Malls" where teenagers went to hang out, and Mall "security" guards went to pass away from obesity at The Corndog Factory.

Now they have these things called 'patio malls' or 'patio centers', or something like that. They come complete with their own SEAL teams, machine guns and armored personnel carriers. People shudder in fear as they walk outside in the rain and driving snow from store to store. But hey, there's always a Starbucks nearby to get your "woke" on.

Too cynical???

Not cynical? maybe just a realist.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I live right on the NY/PA border and liquor stores in PA are having a 2 bottle limit of quite a few liquors like Hennessy and a lot of brands of bourbon and tequila due to shortages. Bars are having a hard time keeping things in stock. So make sure to stock up on your alcohol while you can!

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I wrote an OP on this very subject and got naught but crickets.

Yea, the holidays as we used to know them are all but over due to many reasons. We cancelled Thanksgiving/Christmas 2 years ago and have no plans to ever re-up. Everything will be in short supply and delivery times are already extended.

Spend wisely and stock up on essentials rather than wasting money and/or credit on the holidays. There's nothing to celebrate anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I wrote an OP on this very subject and got naught but crickets.

Yea, the holidays as we used to know them are all but over due to many reasons. We cancelled Thanksgiving/Christmas 2 years ago and have no plans to ever re-up. Everything will be in short supply and delivery times are already extended.

Spend wisely and stock up on essentials rather than wasting money and/or credit on the holidays. There's nothing to celebrate anyway.

If I remember your OP was about skipping Christmas... Sorry I just don't agree with that.
& this OP is different. I'm saying if you want that turkey get it now, if you want that Lego set get it now.
I personally don't put Xmas on credit but I'll agree with you on that.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I’m with you Jag, Christmas or whatever your preferred Holiday, are Traditions that hold our Families and Communities Together and this year it’s gonna be all about the “ Whoville “ vibration. We don’t need all that crappy , slave labor stuff, that we probably already have in our Christmas boxes already ! What better time than Christmas to enjoy the stuff we already have, share what you don’t use and create what you need.

Good advice on planning for Holiday meals, we always order farm raised Turkey and Ham’s in honor of my Sister, lol, she was not budging on this and now I won’t either, miss you Tara....but spices, flour, etc.

As for gifts, it’s hard when little one’s have specific requests and we don’t want to let them down, LOL, the kids in our Family are now young adults and they’re getting good vitamins, fire extinguishers and emergency lanterns

edit on 23-9-2021 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The War on Christmas finally turns hot.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The War on Christmas finally turns hot.

Yeah, well there’s no stopping us Christmas freaks, we’ll decorate the Ficus tree, LOL, heard there was lot’s of tumble weed this year, No Problem, now it’s a snowman !

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

As for gifts, it’s hard when little one’s have specific requests and we don’t want to let them down, LOL, the kids in our Family are now young adults and they’re getting good vitamins, fire extinguishers and emergency lanterns

My son got good socks one year and was really happy, I told him that was his adult litmus test.
No he didn't just get socks, but I always do buy socks as one of the gifts. I like your emergency lantern idea too.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

At Hobby Lobby earlier this month, they had Halloween decor, Thanksgiving decor, and Christmas trees/decor all out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join