It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall of the angels -- LF2021-- non writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Entry:Fall of the angels.

Lightning.The kind that makes your hair stand on end before it strikes.Her name is Astrada cohen. CUrrently Commander

astrada is awash in red as the warning lights flashed and the engine shuddered and died.

The craft was as cutting edge as you can get. weight reduction fields reduced the craft to almost nothing,but that is only when its under power.

It started to tumble down from the edge of space into a flat spin.

The g forces were starting to climb as the commander fought to right the craft from out of its death spiral."come on....come on!come on baby!work with me dam it."

Earlier that day...

"Commander! I am glad i caught you!" A man in a air force uniform said out of breath."your request came through. Congratulations" The commander saluted him,"Thank you for delivering this to

me Captain,you are dismissed!"yes sir!" he snapped a salute and left. Astrada opened up the package the brass had sent her and smiled to herself,"finally get to pilot the new triangle craft"

She had been trying to get in the pilot seat for years."Hmmm...," she looked at the flight profile carefully,"so the plan is to fly to 262 cherubs and fly as fast as possible.Call sign is black angel" "sounds like fun"

The commander walked to the hangar. it was guarded in a seperate area. The guards were always armed and had orders shoot to kill anyone who was not authorized to be in the area.

"Halt! HAnds on your head,and do not move!" The guard pulled out the orders and read them and then relaxed,"welcome to dreamland Commander" he said as He saluted and handed the orders back to her and She saluted back,"no problem soldier" she replied and proceeded to walk into the hangar.

The hangar was unremarkable itself.It was by all looks a normal everyday structure,the only difference was the craft in the center. It was a shiny black triangular shape.

She ran her hands along the surface and couldnt even feel any spots or rivits."wow... thats is really smooth" she walked around to the rear to look for exaust ports and was surprised to not find any.

The next few hours were spent in fitting and configuring the craft to respond to her biological signature. "sheesh..i just want to fly,how much longer is this going to take?"

Finally she was sitting in the cockpit after the pre flight checks and was able to throttle up. Normally in a regular craft g forces will make a full throttle take off not so nice,but this one was able to negate the g forces."whoa baby! you are fast!"she exclaimed.

The radio cracked to life,"This is Control do you read black angel?" She flipped the com switch,"yes black angel reads you control" "shall i execute the flight profile as instructed control?" There is a slight silence then comes the order,"proceed Black angel,Climb to 262 cherubs and Buster to the testing area."

"Roger control,Going Firewall...now" The craft seemed to stop in mid air temporarily as she pushed the throttle full foward.There was no sonic boom,but the only way she could tell she was going really fast was the dial quickly lighting up after each mach level was passed.

Mach 5...mach 7....mach 8.5 mach 12...The outside started to get darker as she approached the edge of space and she leveled out while maintaining speed."control i am at 262 cherubs at mach 15",She was amazed at the lack of g force at such high speed.
'wow if the inertial dampner field cuts out im jam if im not careful"

Suddenly there was a flash of light and electricity was surging through the craft."oh crap!!! Lightning at this altitude?" She radiod Control..."i have been hit by lightning...aborting the mission and trying to RTB"The radio cracked to life, "ROger black angel,Ground crews are being scrambled for your arrival"

Back to the present

"Control...Black angel in flat..spin...HEading towards a populated area... Cant punch out...without crashing into civilians."the eject warning was blaring loudly in her ear as she desperately pulled on the stick,"Dang...i left the stove on... she smirked to herself"

The papers the next day Said a meteor had barely missed las vegas. It was named Black angel 263.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I enjoyed it!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thank you ^^

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow... I enjoyed this so much better out here in this piece of space... I can't tell you how many times I've thought to myself; 'wow if the inertial dampner field cuts out Im jam if Im not careful"

Enjoyed that (tips his imaginary hat Yuppa's way)
Johnny

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Glad ya liked it. Just got inspired from the BT thread so i figured hey why not.

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I enjoyed that and it made me think of Tunguska and what craft really blew up there...

posted on Oct, 7 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: merkins

Thanks. Short stories can always be fun to do especially when you are into the material. Yeah i guess that blast in russia could had been a secret alien hybrid craft exploding after crashing.

top topics

join