It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Cloud" is anything but a cloud. It is a Supermax prison.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It takes an enormous amount of square footage, water to cool the servers, power to run the pumps and servers, lots of fence with barbed wires and lots of guards with guns for day to day operations of the "Cloud".

It's a prison but not a prison as we know it. Instead of physical bodies, it imprisons what is in our minds. It houses all our history, thoughts, finances, medical history and it hides all crimes committed by the guards, prison wardens and anyone else who created it.

The cloud has everything. Every thought online, email, phone call. Only thing it does not have or even want is physical human bodies. It has no use for actual humans.

It seems like it is man's rather weak attempt to re-create The Guf. One good EMP pulse and buh buy ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

UM, not me, ever!
Maybe they swipe it but hey, I do hit accept even though they do stuff like listen in even when my phone is off.
Some days ago I used the word monocular in a post here.
Days later I downloaded a new weather app.
The very first add....yup, monoculars.
A cloud? yes.
Not my cloud though......kinda, sorta not willingly.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Now, for those of you who think "cloud" is just a marketing gimmick, you're wrong. Dead wrong. In fact, it tells me a LOT about how much you think you know about IT. The Cloud has been the next largest impact to IT since virtualization because it ENABLES companies to massively downsize their IT departments and throw away their datacenters by moving their applications to AWS, Azure, GCN, etc. In fact, I would argue it has been an even larger impact than virtualization!

I was with you up to there.
So , you agree , there is no difference.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join