It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear New ATS Owners Please Fix Your Damn Site

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Not trying to complain at all, but just to give some feedback on my end.

I use an iPad mini, on cellular and WiFi since I travel a lot.

Sometimes the website for me is slow, gets stuck and it takes about 20-30 seconds to bring up a page. I thought it was the WiFi being slow so I switched to cellular and it’s the same issue.

it’s lightning fast for the most part, I thought maybe it was slow those days because the website was doing maintenance or over loaded with board people.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Works better for me than it used to.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Absolutely no problems here in good ol' blighty.

Only ever access ATS on my laptops, never tried on my phone.

Likewise

I've not experienced any problems at all on my laptop in the UK. All the same as it's always been.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If I use Duck Duck Go , I have many problems.
If I use Crome, it runs flawlessly.
Maybe it is more of a tracking problem.
Using Google they have no trouble seeing who is accessing the site.
Using browsers like DDG may impede their trace and slow the loading process.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The smilies still suck.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm on a pretty crappy connection down under and ATS has been working without a hitch for me for quite awhile... pages load in a split second, all icons, video embeds, etc, working fine. I use Brave as my default browser. If there is an issue I believe it may be very specific to OS/Browser/ISP/Settings (or a combination of these things) or something... and possibly not even so much on the website's end, though if they figured out on what specific circumstances the issues arise, they could potentially offer fixes... problem is when it's seemingly a small number of people experiencing the issues and the symptoms aren't always consistent... can be a difficult one to diagnose/fix.

I think anyone experiencing the problems would be better off trying to do some troubleshooting of your own, as in try browsing the site on a couple different browsers, platforms, etc. If you're using a VPN or proxy, try it disabled -- or vice versa. See how the site runs from someone else's device/ISP, etc. Need to find the specific conditions in which the site suffers and then go from there.
edit on 22/9/21 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: VierEyes

I like the old smileys like that one better than the new smileys.

originally posted by: Navieko
I'm on a pretty crappy connection down under and ATS has been working without a hitch for me for quite awhile... pages load in a split second, all icons, video embeds, etc, working fine. I use Brave as my default browser. If there is an issue I believe it may be very specific to OS/Browser/ISP/Settings (or a combination of these things) or something... and possibly not even so much on the website's end, though if they figured out on what specific circumstances the issues arise, they could potentially offer fixes... problem is when it's seemingly a small number of people experiencing the issues and the symptoms aren't always consistent... can be a difficult one to diagnose/fix.

I think anyone experiencing the problems would be better off trying to do some troubleshooting of your own, as in try browsing the site on a couple different browsers, platforms, etc. If you're using a VPN or proxy, try it disabled -- or vice versa. See how the site runs from someone else's device/ISP, etc. Need to find the specific conditions in which the site suffers and then go from there.
Great advice. Maybe I was too subtle earlier when I posted a reply from an ATS member in another thread, saying ATS worked great on his PC but poorly on his mobile phone, but that was intended to suggest the problem may not be ATS and some troubleshooting is needed. You gave some good specific advice on some troubleshooting steps people can try. The better information we can give to ATS about exactly when the site works and when it doesn't, the better their chances of being able to address the issues, if possible.

But if one of the problems is say, certain mobile phone providers throttling bandwidth from ATS, that may not be within the control of ATS to fix. The fix in that kind of situation would be for the mobile phone providers to stop throttling bandwidth, or something along those lines.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Almost all of the complaints about ATS web issues are really people not maintaining the security of their equipment.
They let trackers run rampant in their systems, do not clean them up and do not do regular system maintenance like scanning for malware and trojans.

I have been on here for 13 years, and have never had a problem with ATS I could not fix by just cleaning up my own system.
I have also posted many of the solutions before, do some research and go find them.

People are just lazy and find it easier to blame ATS ... reminds us of just about every other problem with current society.
edit on 22-9-2021 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm a total noob.... Can someone link me "How To" or tell me how to set my avatar???

Where in the world is my photo album on the media portal?

Thanks in advance...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I have noticed in the past that most complains about the speed of this site come from members who have avatars that are way beyond the limits set in the T&C's.

The limit for your background image is 150kb, yours is almost 800kb.

Maybe change that.

*Nice avatar by the way....lol
edit on 23-9-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaPaTaco
I'm a total noob.... Can someone link me "How To" or tell me how to set my avatar???

Where in the world is my photo album on the media portal?

Thanks in advance...

All the answers to your avatar/upload questions can be found here...

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

Perfect... TYVM

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Nonsense. 2 different OSes on PC (Linux and Windows), 2 different broswer versions (both Firefox), same problem on both OSes and browsers. No avatars or images load. Both OSes are up to date and well maintained.

(I used to be a sys-admin doing Windows and some Linux work, I know what I am talking about.) That others don't have a problem is possible, that others are all reporting the same problem indicates that many users are experiencing the reported problems. YMMV, mine is always the same.
edit on 23/9/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
That others don't have a problem is possible, that others are all reporting the same problem indicates that many users are experiencing the reported problems. YMMV, mine is always the same.
I don't know where you get this " others are all reporting the same problem" idea, you're the first person I've seen report what you reported "No avatars or images load" on PC. My avatars stop loading when my ATS cookie expires and I'm no longer logged in, but otherwise I have no problems loading avatars or images on a PC, unless I'm using too much of my RAM but I have 16GB so that doesn't happen too often.

I've read all the comments in three of these threads, and one or two others have reported that issue of images not loading on mobile phone, but I haven't seen anybody besides you report that problem on a PC. The more common complaint seems to be either slow page loads or connection refused, again usually on mobile phones, or similar mobile devices like tablets. Some of the same people reporting problems on their mobile phones and tablets say they are not having any problems on their PC and laptop.

For example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I can say I've used 2 android devices, with different browsers. They both share the same problem, and it's not consistent. It will happen randomly. So not a problem on my end with those devices.

On the PC using firefox and windows 10, no problem at all. It's definitely an android interface issue, or something just going wonky with that frontend.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Like Android, I use Linux. (I have Windows too, which suddenly started working a day or two ago with regards to image loading)

Linux with 2 different browser versions is still exhibiting the same problems although for now images do load after a time-out, sometimes. I'm not a web-dev and to be honest, I have no desire to debug a site without the necessary knowledge. Google analytics, moatads.com, addthisedge.com, addthis.com, files.abovetopsecret.com all seem to hang at various times but I could be wrong.

The text loads fine but the site does appear to have major problems which I cannot do anything about. A day or two ago I also experienced the reported connectivity problems and then it went away again and then images started to load again. Cookies do not seem to be the problem (to my untrained eye!) but rather the site itself.

But anyway. Let's just leave it. I can see text and can type replies so it kinda works. I don't use a VPN on either OS and all relevant settings on my side are correct.

ETA Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) on Linux does not load images. Browser problem seems unlikely at this point. Then again, i am not a web-dev.
edit on 26/9/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 And after posting this reply to you, the images stopped loading in some threads. Ergo, site problem. YMMV. Be well.
edit on 26/9/21 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I find it funny the new owners have not acknowledged this thread yet. Makes me wonder if they just put it in a box and don't care.

Would be nice to have this place recharged and reinvigorated with involved owners. The old ones were conspiracy folks at heart.

New one seems like they couldn't care less.....no intros and only a couple posts on another board business thread.

Sad.

As a side note....wondering why the old ones no longer post as well. Almost as if they had to leave the site per some terms or something.
edit on 9/26/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Works better for me than it used to.

Same here. 2020 was better than 2019, and this year is better than 2020.

2019 was the pits for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join