It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
My Brother was homeless throughout the first year of the pandemic, he's a long term Heroin addict of almost two decades who I have no interaction with as a result of his life choices, they did put him up in a hotel but he sold the contents of his room to buy drugs and was evicted. He never contracted COVID, or didn't care enough to get tested if he did. By contrast, my partner who was to all intents fit and well and in the prime of her life at 38 contracted the virus and died on a ventilator at the end of July. I myself had the exact same illness as did our two Daughters and it wasn't even as bad as the cold I've been suffering with the past week in terms of symptoms. Of the many people I know personally who've had COVID in the last 18 months, my girl was the only one to have died. This is why the cautious approach would be prudent, because even with a one-in-a-million kill rate, if the bullet lands on the full chamber for you or your nearest and dearest, you won't find the remaining 999,999 people half as relevant.

No, I'm not saying this is killing en masse, although clearly deaths are rising and will continue to do so, nor am I advocating for or pushing anyone towards the clearly ineffective at best vaccines that have failed to quell the pandemic, but to see people suggesting that the virus doesn't exist or is never fatal is just plain ignorance.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's so random who it takes and who it simply affects like a cold. I wish I knew why that was. I'm sure you do as well. I do believe it exists and know of a couple people who it has taken. I also know a guy that I worked with in the past who got his booster this week said he didn't feel well afterward, went home to lay down and passed away in his sleep hours after. People don't know what to do at this point and none of what we are seeing around us makes it any easier.

posted on Nov, 28 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A child's immune system is weak for the first six weeks, very weak. During that time, yes, it's best to keep the child isolated from contaminants as much as practical. That's one area where modern living has advantages, like a lower infant mortality rate during the first six weeks.

That's used to be one of the strongest arguments for breast feeding by new mothers, as they pass on - to some degree - their abilities to fight off infections in their breast milk. Not sure if it's true or if the medical community still says that.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join