It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Old people are supposed to be especially vulnerable to this virus. Yet amongst the geriatric population in Congress, in our Statehouses, in the Court system, you see almost nobody dying either.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
This pandemic is supposed to be the worst in modern times ..

Why aren't there dead homeless being picked up daily from their camps ??

They do not practice social distancing, They have no medical insurance, They are not packed in emergency.

The NEWS has said nothing regarding the homeless, Not even a crusade to save the Homeless by anyone wanting attention.

Not even a Homeless vaccine drive .

I'm a logical thinker and none of this makes any sense.

Who says they're not? In Washington state they are definitely dieing of covid, gun violence, malnutrition and drugs. Did you even Google "homeless vaccine ______" and blank city? They are definitely administering vaccines to the homeless.

For crying out loud ATS, stop making covid threads. There's way too many! This thread could have easily been a comment in another thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Homeless people have immensely strong immune systems due to constant exposure to germs and bacteria.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Our world has changed, in my lifetime alone, from one in which people were generally stronger and more capable of not just fighting off a virus, but refusing to even slow down while it was happening, to one in which every sniffle is met with a plethora of OTC medications and trips to see a doctor, and everything in our environment, including us, is sanitized within an inch of its life. The result? People today cannot weather a disease that was an inconvenience a few decades ago.

A child's immune system is weak for the first six weeks, very weak. During that time, yes, it's best to keep the child isolated from contaminants as much as practical. That's one area where modern living has advantages, like a lower infant mortality rate during the first six weeks. But after that, one's innate immunity increases or decreases based on what they are exposed to in their environment. The more pathogens that the child encounters, the more active their immune system will be.

Now, before I go any farther, I do recognize that there is of late this tendency among certain members to take a generalized statement and twist it into absolute absurdity. No, I am not saying one should dip their child in a bathtub-sized petri dish at the ripe old age of 6 weeks and one day. Come at me with that little bit of absurdity and you are only advertising your pride in your own ignorance.

What I am saying is that a child left to their own devices (within reason of course), allowed to play outside, and not smothered with antibacterials all day every day, will naturally develop a healthy immunity that will follow them throughout their life. A child who is bathed every day in antibacterials, kept in a sanitized environment, and medicated every time heir nose runs will develop a weakened immune system and be subject their entire lives to various allergies and reactions, some of which can easily be life-threatening.

Why does anyone think we have so many people today who have so many allergies and health issues at young ages?

This is also a one-shot deal. There are no do-overs. Once a child is a few years of age, their immunity stops being quite as flexible. They either have a strong immune system or they don't. To some degree, that will follow them the rest of their lives. One can improve their natural immunity, but only through exposure to pathogens. Once one is susceptible to those pathogens, it is quite difficult to get enough exposure to build one's immunity without compromising comfort and in some cases safety.

The homeless have no choice; they are constantly exposed to pathogens. They will develop a strong immune system or die in the attempt.

The rest of society? Well, we have just been through over a year and a half of a world-wide "deadly pandemic" that is wreaking havoc with national economies, devastating personal ambitions for the future, and stifling social involvement (which is also driving up mental issues and suicides)... over what is essentially a nasty cold.

I tend to live as I lived most of my life: in nature, exposing myself regularly to whatever nature has thrown out there, doing what needs to be done in the midst of rains, storms, heat, or whatever the weather happens to be. Yesterday, as a matter of fact: I needed to go to town, and one of my tires was low on air (it has a slow leak). It was raining a cold, steady rain. Didn't matter; I grabbed the portable air pump and spent 10-15 minutes in that miserable rain airing up a tire. When I got through, I put the pump back, got in, and drove to town soaked to the core.

Surprise! As soon as I dried out, I was fine... despite being a heart patient and having to use a cane!

So I have much of the advantages of the homeless in the area of immunity. Maybe not quite as much, but enough so that I ignore viruses as a general rule. But most people can't do that.

And it's not that I don't have sympathy for those with weak immunity; I do. But I cannot help them until they decide to help themselves, and for many that is just impractical. It is what it is. I only hope that this virus, when it has run its course and the truth is revealed (please, humor an old redneck with few fantasies left), people will realize what they have been doing to themselves and change their ways.

If not, if this trend toward sterilization continues unabated, the next step is for the common cold to become an ELE for the human race.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

A fair few of them are already jacked up on pharmaceuticals produced by the same manufacturers as the vaccines.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

They do not practice social distancing, They have no medical insurance, They are not packed in emergency.

The NEWS has said nothing regarding the homeless, Not even a crusade to save the Homeless by anyone wanting attention.

I'm a logical thinker and none of this makes any sense.

The CDC admitted there is no science behind social distancing. It was actually 10 ft but they changed it to 6 because they felt 10 ft was too hard for people to understand. It had nothing to do with science. No studies on it. Make no mistake though, it totally helped Biden so that was the real science and it worked. It shamed Trump's crowds and made Biden's low turnout seem pious.

Social distancing was scientifically sound. Saying things like that on this site makes us all look bad.

The reasoning is the larger parts of spit that people spray out when they spray it instead of say it. It was basically supposed to do the same thing as masks. The "science" went full stupid when they realized it was airborne and that people were not catching it through physical contact or bodily fluids, but then they never adjusted the mask crap or social distancing crap to reflect that.

All that proves is something the smart ones have known their entire lives. There is no power you will ever give to the government and get back without the use of force to take that power back. People let them be told to wear masks, now we cant get that to go away. They told people to social distance, now we cant get that to go away, and its turning quickly into two groups. Every power given or relinquished to the federal gov forms an intentional slippery slope they put us all on, and when we hit the bottom of it they tell us thats what we wanted.

Thats why a bunch of us were screaming from the rooftops before the gov told anyone to do anything. Now we all realize there were exponentially more stupid people running around looking like normal people than any of us thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I sort of embrace wearing the mask....it has brought my ventriloquism skills to a whole new level.....As I under my breath mouth off about a wide variety of topics...oh the looks I get...lol

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why do you expect the news to tell you anything each day.

You have no idea what you don't hear

EMT

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the Amish man who was asked why his community wasn't suffering from the WuFlu. He said that it was because they didn't have televisions.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

That's similar to what I was thinking...

The only people who die from it are those who watch CNN.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

A couple of things come to my mind.

The homeless have a strong immune system. Often they are also outdoors a lot getting sunshine and fresh air and exercise.
Most homeless people are not overweight, which is a huge risk factor for Covid.

Or....

Maybe the homeless were the first ones to get it and the ones that died were just excused as being homeless and in poor health. I really really believe Covid was in the US long before they have said it was.

Or....

A lot of homeless are on drugs/drink/smoke
It is known that smoking may reduce Covid, and for people that are chronic alcoholics covid might be washed away by alcoholic drinks similar to what they were saying with mouthwash reducing viral burden.

Or....

The homeless are the biggest social distancers there are?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Here in Ireland within weeks of the start of the pandemic, the authorities miraculously found 'emergency accommodation' for any homeless person that wanted it. The thinking being that a lot of homeless people beg for money so they would be exposed to all the human traffic going by.
But as was pointed out, their immune systems are strong af.
Amazing how they found accommodation when they tried

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Exactly that.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! 

Right back at ya!

Your post is worthy of it's own thread!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I go to malls and stores and I never see anyone looking ill or having coughing fits or anything like that at all. But yeah, now that you mention it, a bit odd you don't see a homeless guy or two laying somewhere.

(post by TheGodSavior removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I have wondered the same thing. The homeless build their camps up and down the sides of the freeways. And they dumpster-dive in every dumpster along the highway, then their germy hands go on every door handle of every fast food place and convenience store along the highways.

Yet, they aren't dying of Covid. And I think it's because of the drugs the homeless are addicted to. The new trend in drug addiction for the homeless is they are addicted to opiates like heroin or synthetic opiates like fentanyl.

When drug addicts are infected with Covid, they are drugging the Covid. So since most are opiate addicts that means "Covid on Heroin" and "Covid on Fentanyl". Covid doesn't seem to survive too well on opiates. The opiates seem to handicap the Covid. So the homeless on drugs are surviving because the drugs they are addicted to, those opiates kill the Covid.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ICovid.a reply to: MapMistress

It also makes me wonder something about the homeless though.

Since Covid doesn't do too well when exposed to heroin or when exposed to fentanyl, does that mean that the homeless are spreading a weakened form of Covid? Perhaps the homeless addicted to drugs are spreading a handicapped version of Covid? Don't know. Could be. But there's really no research on it.

The homeless addicted to opiates, when they catch Covid, most likely their Covid becomes addicted to opiates as well. So if a homeless person spreads an opiate-addicted-Covid virus to a sober person, does that mean that the sober person just caught a weak-form of Covid? Might be making it easier for the sober to fight off Covid if that's the case.

But alas, no research out there on it. Just a bunch of unanswered questions.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

I don't see how an opiate could affect a virus the same (or even similar) way it affects humans. A virus has no brain to react to the effects of the opiate. Indeed, the very concept of addiction seems to not be possible for a virus. Remember that a virus isn't even technically alive; all it is, is a cell that doesn't exhibit life properties, but which can chemically hijack another living cell to reproduce.

Now, that said, I suppose there is the possibility that the drugs you mentioned might also interfere with the chemical actions that a virus would use to enter and hijack a living cell. In other words, it is possible the drug-infused environment of an addict might make it more difficult for the virus to operate.

An even smaller, yet still potential, possibility would be that a virus exposed to such an environment could be altered permanently in such a way as to make it less potent (or potentially impotent). Such a mutilated virus would quickly die out, however; if a virus cannot infect an organism and reproduce through viral means, it cannot reproduce at all. Simple exposure to the environment would likely destroy it.

So I would say that while your description of the processes involved may be inaccurate, the potential does exist that your overall concept has some merit. A potential only, mind you... I am not saying this is a likely scenario, only that it is within the realm of possibility. But that brings up another thought... if, as I suspect, this virus is engineered (see my thread on the virus itself), it would then seem to be awfully coincidental that the southern border has been reopened, allowing the unchecked import of illicit drugs.

That's an idea I want to keep my eyes open to. I don't generally believe in coincidences. They are actually pretty rare.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

If the drug kills the virus, then the virus is dead.

If it is a weaker form of the virus then it is not likely to make the person sick.

If the homeless were mass spreading the virus, this would be evidenced by an increase in hospitalizations and deaths, in the areas where they congregate. This is not happening.

While some of the homeless may have strong immune systems, they are also more likely to have a number of other commodities that would increase their chances of catching the virus, getting sick, and dying. This is not happening.

I think some of the reasons the homeless may not be as affected as you may think, is because they spend a lot of time outdoors. They don't social distance, but they gather in their own smaller social groups, and have limited contact with people outside of their intimate circles.

The fact that the majority of our gentle society shuns them, maybe why they are not as affected.

The virus does not know if a person is homeless or not. The virus is just looking for a viable host.

The host dies, it dies. The goal of the virus, is to live and to make offspring. It does not want us dead, so it continues to modify itself in attempts to become as near symbiotic as possible.

It has worked for both of us for millions of years. That is why if you scanned your body, you would find a microcosm of germs and viruses, that exceed the number of stars in our galaxy.

The way I see it, is it is not as much about killing off the virus, as it is adapting to the virus the way the virus is trying to adapt to us.

I think fearing a virus mutation is foolish. When a virus mutates, it gets weaker. That is what you want, a weaker virus.

As far as it being weaker but more transmissible, that is also a good thing. The more people that get it, speeds up the time it takes to reach herd immunity.

The sooner enough people have had the virus, it can settle in, become another new lifeform thats shares planet Earth.

Some people will die during its shaping and morphing, but people are going to die, that is a guarantee.

We should spend more time and money on keeping people strong and well enough to survive the spread of infection. The science of killing a living organism that continues to mutate until it becomes one with a living host without killing it, seems futile.

Maybe the scientist should be rethinking their approach.

Before anyone blows a gasket. I am just thinking out loud and adding my outside of the box idea to the mix.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join