It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ivermectin for horses the same as Ivermectin for Humans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TTU77

It's certainly safe for Centaurs.

edit on 21-9-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

I used the veterinary Ivermectin. It worked fine, but now I have a rather severe case of hoof foot and spontaneous, Turret's like neighing....

But there might be other equestrian-like manifestations that could be terribly advantageous ... Depending on one's partner's proclivities.

You know, that's funny, because it was my wife that made me start taking it. I had the human prescription and everything, but she insisted. What can I say, I love her. Her name is Catherine. She's great!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I sent this entire OP to family and friends with the warning,
NOT MEDICAL ADVISE....

Thanks for this everyone!!!!

Cheers.....😎

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

NOT MEDICAL ADVISE....

Cheers.....😎

When the system becomes irreparably and irretrievably broken, one must work outside of the system to survive. The system hates this and will fight it to the death because it breaks the power of the system.

Little things like this are genuine acts of rebellion and constitute a poke in the eye of the system.

I might add ...

THIS IS WHAT, AT IT'S CORE, ATS' IS ALL ABOUT!
:
edit on 2021 9 21 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

NOT MEDICAL ADVISE....

Cheers.....😎

When the system becomes irreparably and irretrievably broken, one must work outside of the system to survive. The system hates this and will fight it to the death because it breaks the power of the system.

Little things like this are genuine actress is rebellion and constitute a poke in the eye of the system.

I might add ...

THIS IS WHAT, AT IT'S CORE, ATS' IS ALL ABOUT!

Well said. When I first read your post I thought you were quoting The Matrix. It's actually very similar to what Morpheus says to Neo when he's explaining the matrix to him.

Look at what happens to people who disconnect from water and/or electric. Police swoop down. Look at Waco. Look at collecting GD rainwater. C'mon...

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

According to my daughter who has had horses for at least three decades it is a dosage thing.

DO NOT go by my words OR use stuff from a vet supply place.
Be sure you KNOW ALL the facts!!!

The last two sentences are a public service announcement.

And I'm going to add another public service announcement...

I used horse paste for my rabbits for years but started hearing that people had od'd their rabbits because the paste wasn't mixed well. Imagine, the syringe set up for a 1000lb horse goes straight down their throat, factory mixing isn't as critical. With a small animal, or human, if you use the paste and it has higher concentration at that spot in the syringe, there can be trouble.

Never had this happen myself and I have had over a hundred rabbits at a time. If you must go this route squeeze it all out, mix well, re calibrate the dosage properly. Get someone else to check your math if need be. A slipped decimal can kill. That said, ivermectin is pretty safe.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I can't find what you're looking for but I did find this study, that was done last year with invermectin. It was published by an Indian doctor.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

At the bottom of this page is information on vet supply sourcing and product selection.

How to get Ivermectin

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

For the love of god, get a prescription from your doctor, for the appropriate dosage and the stuff designed for humans. Dont skimp out.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

For the love of god, get a prescription from your doctor, for the appropriate dosage and the stuff designed for humans. Dont skimp out.

What should I ask?

Edit, I simply said the truth. I sent an email asking if he can prescribe me ivermectin in case I catch covid as an alternative treatment option, as well as taking the opportunity to ask about monoclonal antibody treatment.

Regardless, I'm off to buy the horse paste or whatever else I can find for a backup.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

At the bottom of this page is information on vet supply sourcing and product selection.

How to get Ivermectin

Thanks! This is about 80 dollars total for the ivermectin for humans prescription, so about half the cost of the source I found. I will see how much it will be with my doctor. This may be the way to go, but, it sounds like it will still take around seven days or more for the prescription to come in the mail, unless one can pick it up I wonder, so, still might be a good idea to get the horse paste for the meantime. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I used to use Hectamectin (Main Chemical Ivermectin) for my chickens and pigeons.
That may be easier to dose as in a 5ml bottle + pipette (liquid).

Didn't try it myself even when I had CV19.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

While I'm not as intense in my feelings about the matter as MDDoxs, I do agree that if at all possible one should stick to prescription Ivermectin. As I said earlier, in a critical survival situation with no other alternative, I would not hesitate to use the veterinary version as a treatment protocol. I'd not be inclined to use it as a prophylactic.

My exception in that case might be for a high-risk individual who had a high degree of probability of exposure and had no other prophylactic option. Even then, the idea of mixing well (in the case is a paste) and very carefully calculating dosage is wise. As has been noted, it is difficult to overdose with IVM, but using common sense and prudence is never wrong.

As always, these are only my observations based on my own research and personal opinions. I am NOT a medical professional and nothing that I have said here should be construed as anything like medical advice. Discussing the issue with qualified medical professionals who have not been brainwashed by the new order world be wise.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TTU77
I think I read somewhere one can buy ivermectin for horses without prescription in some pharmacies or even tractor supply places. Can anyone confirm this? It's hard to come to answers googling searches.

If this is the case, is the ivermectin the same as the one used in humans?

I know there is a way to get a prescription on line, but the one I found would total around 170 for humans, yet, I see some for animals that is only 7 dollars or less. If I had money to burn, it wouldn't be an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

To be honest ALMOST ALL DRUGS start out as animal drugs. The kind you get OTC is not for human consumption. you have to get a doctor to write a perscription,and it has to be configured to each person.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

GO TO THE DOCTORS OFFICE. get weighed. DO NOT SELF MEDICATE.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Medicine for animals has largely always been the same as what’s used for humans. As others pointed out that dosages which are normally determined by weight will be drastically different since horses weigh much more than most humans, and perhaps an apple flavoring included with horse ivermectin.

From some small studies, not scientific and anecdotal evidence Ivermectin MIGHT act as an agent which prevents the virus from replicating AFTER infection. There is ZERO evidence at this time it acts as a preventative form of treatment before infection.

Personally I think it’s stupid but people will do what a horse will not, after all I have never seen a horse grab a tube of ivermectin to treat themselves. So do as you will but if you are so afraid of this virus then your immune system will act accordingly and fail to help if you dose yourself with virtually what is an unknown, same as some believe about the vaccines

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My vet prescribed Benadryl for my dog's allergies, so from now on I will only refer to Benadryl as Dog Medicine.

Makes as much sense as calling Ivermectin horse medicine.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: incoserv

Indeed, I have 300x 5mg for a rainy day.

Does that mean you have 300 tablets that are 5 mg each?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Any help would be appreciated.

Don't self medicate.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

Yes

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join