It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ivermectin for horses the same as Ivermectin for Humans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think I read somewhere one can buy ivermectin for horses without prescription in some pharmacies or even tractor supply places. Can anyone confirm this? It's hard to come to answers googling searches.

If this is the case, is the ivermectin the same as the one used in humans?

I know there is a way to get a prescription on line, but the one I found would total around 170 for humans, yet, I see some for animals that is only 7 dollars or less. If I had money to burn, it wouldn't be an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TTU77

According to my daughter who has had horses for at least three decades it is a dosage thing.

DO NOT go by my words OR use stuff from a vet supply place.
Be sure you KNOW ALL the facts!!!

The last two sentences are a public service announcement.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: 41.422500, -70.911944

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TTU77
I think I read somewhere one can buy ivermectin for horses without prescription in some pharmacies or even tractor supply places. Can anyone confirm this? It's hard to come to answers googling searches.

I know there is a way to get a prescription on line, but the one I found would total around 170 for humans, yet, I see some for animals that is only 7 dollars or less. If I had money to burn, it wouldn't be an issue.

The medicine itself is the same. The vehicle is different, as well as the concentration. The veterinary paste is designed to be administered to animals weighing hundreds and hundreds of pounds, so it's much more concentrated. Dosing would be difficult.

That said, it is - as I understand it - nearly impossible too fatally overdose on ivermectin. I'll embed a video on Ivermectin toxicity below.

All of that said, if I were in a survival situation and it was a matter of choosing between veterinary ivermectin and death, I wouldn't hesitate to take the veterinary ivermectin. Outside of that scenario, I'd steer clear.

I'll be surprised if this thread isn't deleted soon, though. Medical advice on an internet forum is always dicey.

ETA: I've dosed ivermectin to livestock. My wife and I are on the I-MASK protocol. I take 24mg weekly, she takes 12mg twice a week. The difference in dose size is due to weight difference. Her twice weekly dose is according to updated protocol recommendations. We live outside of the US and can get it OTC. One 6mg pill costs about $1usd - a tad less. Costs us about $8usd weekly. Every week we try to purchase a month's with of dosages.
:
edit on 2021 9 21 by incoserv because: ETA.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Good Question ! I hope this thread gives us some helpful insight. I also was looking in to this and saw that it could be ordered on-line $170 , plus the virtual doctor visit, but hard to trust this ? I also went to a local feed store to buy animal/horse version and they were out of stock and the clerk didn’t know when more would be in stock. Not sure I would even take it, probably wouldn’t, but wanted some on hand just in case ? I’m pretty sure it’s the same for humans and horses, but of course you would need to calculate body weight... IDK, friggin insane we have to even consider other options to get a safe effective medication!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here's the video on Ivermectin toxicity:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes, the chemistry is the same.

But as mentioned above.
A 200 pound human and a 2000 pound horse use different dosages.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You can buy it as a dog / cat wormer in pill format, believe it’s either 5mg or 10mg. Probably easier to manage doses.

Was available on eBay for about $30 for 100x 5mg. Made in China funnily enough but it’s the real thing.

Dosage guidelines:

www.drugs.com...
edit on 21/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But as mentioned above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 1mg per 100lbs, according to my "research".

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

WOW! That's a deal!

It'd be good to have it on hand as a treatment post-infection in a survival situation, but I'd be hesitant to use it in a prophylactic protocol. It may be exactly the same thing, but as it's specified for veterinary use, I'm not certain of the manufacturing protocols and conditions.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Thanks!

In short, the video claims that ivermection is a very safe drug! Take with food

Poster from youtube: "Ivermectin terrifies the vaccine fundamentalists. It’s a genuine alternative and a true safe and effective treatment. It could wreck their narrative."
edit on 21-9-2021 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Indeed, I have 300x 5mg for a rainy day.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

But as mentioned above.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 1mg per 100lbs, according to my "research".

This is the reference that we use...

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Thanks!

In short, the video claims that ivermection is a very safe drug! Take with food

Poster from youtube: "Ivermectin terrifies the vaccine fundamentalists. It’s a genuine alternative and a true safe and effective treatment. It could wreck their narrative."

FLCCC claims that if you take it with a fatty meal it will increase uptake. Apparently the ivermectin molecule like to hitch a ride on lipids.

Hey, any excuse to eat bacon is good with me!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But as mentioned above.

No clue.
I would suggest asking a medical professional.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I used the veterinary Ivermectin. It worked fine, but now I have a rather severe case of hoof foot and spontaneous, Turret's like neighing....

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Indeed! Can't have little details like public health interfering with corporate profit margins and NWO agenda!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am going to give you my experience. I've taken the "horse Paste" I am unaware of any side effects at all. The horse paste is made for a 1200 lb animal dosage. There is a twist lock and poundage meter marks on the side of the tube that can be used for dosing for different poundages( not all horses are 1200 LBS). You can also use that to simply calculate the MG'z. My whole family has taken it as a precaution and as a treatment. This is not medical advice. ALOT of drugs are the same for veterinary care and human care. SAME EXACT DRUGS packaged differently and delivered differently. SAME ACTIVE DRUG. NOW with the WUHAN

If you do catch it. The I MASK protocol says to begin right away and take other supplements. Its not a magic pill. You still may experience sever FLU like symptoms You may feel sick.. yes.. it will take a week for the symptoms to subside and you still may have lingering micro symptoms for a few weeks. My wife and I both caught it but are well now and she is Immunosuppressed with cancer treatment.

That's my experience for anyone out there( i would also look into finding regeneron monoclonal antibodies.. I KNOW MANY people that have taken that and it has worked to alleviate severe symptoms.

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE.
edit on 21-9-2021 by daboxfan because: adding disclaimer

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

I used the veterinary Ivermectin. It worked fine, but now I have a rather severe case of hoof foot and spontaneous, Turret's like neighing....

But there might be other equestrian-like manifestations that could be terribly advantageous ... Depending on one's partner's proclivities.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have often wondered about this information, grateful it’s been posted and such valuable replies
Cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Excellent advice!

Here is the I MASK protocol.

* Apologies, not sure how to embed images.
edit on 21-9-2021 by TTU77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join