It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to speak to Macron 'in the coming days' amid diplomatic dust-up with France

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
President Joe Biden will speak with French President Emmanuel Macron "in the coming days" and reaffirm the US' commitment to working with France on a range of global issues amid the worst diplomatic spat between the two nations in years."President Joe Biden will speak with French President Emmanuel Macron "in the coming days" and reaffirm the US' commitment to working with France on a range of global issues amid the worst diplomatic spat between the two nations in years."

www.cnn.com...

At this point is there anything that the Biden Presidency is not struggling with? It seems like on every front they are challenged in some way. Sure a % of that can be viewed as carry over from past two , if not longer, Presidents but I'm hard pressed to recall a new POTUS facing this much criticism on so many fronts. Most discouraging for the future of this country is that based on all information I can find much of this criticism is warranted.

The root of this specific issue seems to be around the fact that while France thought it had a deal to provide Australia with conventional subs Australia canceled that deal to focus on nuclear subs provided by US and UK . Due to this fact the French recalled their ambassadors to the US. That move is not in and of itself uncommon in the world of global relations but the fact that France did it to the US is apparently the first time this has happened in decades or "modern times"

edit on 20-9-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Oh, the French are in a snit again? Who cares, it's obvious Australia didn't want their underwater Citroens.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Perhaps he will present him with some freedom fries, or freedom toast to bridge the gap?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I guess France had a deal for conventional submarines and the USA one-upped France by negotiating a contract for nuclear subs.

As far I know, only the USA, UK, China, Russia, India and France have nuclear subs.

My question is, who decides what countries get Nuclear subs? Could France have negotiated a nuclear sub deal if they wanted to?
edit on 20-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, the French are in a snit again? Who cares, it's obvious Australia didn't want their underwater Citroens.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

There was far better ways for this to go down.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Hopefully part of this convo is opening travel between the countries.

I’ve got a really good friend that’s trapped there. Went back to visit right before Covid and can’t get out.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You notice we never get any leaks of Joe Biden phone conversations.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He's going to promise them 40BN USD isn't he

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

There was far better ways for this to go down.

I don't think the French would have been happy if Australia gave them some overly apologetic rationale for why they didn't want their baguette boats. They're French, FFS.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Hopefully part of this convo is opening travel between the countries.

I’ve got a really good friend that’s trapped there. Went back to visit right before Covid and can’t get out.

How can they be trapped? EU citizens can travel within the EU and US citizens who were there can leave any time they want.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He’s not a US citizen. Spent 10 years here before he went back for a few months at the end of 2019. Had he not left, he would have had citizenship by now. Really bad timing.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You notice we never get any leaks of Joe Biden phone conversations.

Because there aren’t any.

Joe ain’t runnin’ the show.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

America under the senile mentally unstable Biden is of not importance to the rest of the world, but hey Democrats do not give a crap about that, because they are just destroying the nation.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I don't think the French would have been happy if Australia gave them some overly apologetic rationale for why they didn't want their baguette boats. They're French, FFS.

BS.

You never burn bridges before the war. You are smart enough to know that this is much bigger than Aus/France.

Team USA just burnt some bridges.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
He’s not a US citizen. Spent 10 years here before he went back for a few months at the end of 2019. Had he not left, he would have had citizenship by now. Really bad timing.

Then he's not 'trapped', he just couldn't travel to the US and it appears those restrictions are about to be lifted.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NHow1982

He's going to promise them 40BN USD isn't he

I would laugh.... but you might be correct.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Team USA just burnt some bridges.

So? The French are always worked up about something. This time it's their diesel-powered clunkers.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Australia getting nuclear powered subs is clearly an upgrade so they can help patrol the Asian pacific waters better. That alleviates NATO (the US).

I imagine they could be nuclear armed too, which wouldn't be unprecedented seeing as we parked some in Turkey of all places.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Australia getting nuclear powered subs is clearly an upgrade so they can help patrol the Asian pacific waters better. That alleviates NATO (the US).

I imagine they could be nuclear armed too, which wouldn't be unprecedented seeing as we parked some in Turkey of all places.
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I heard on NPR that the subs are nuke powered only not nuke missile capable

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The French under macron and while in the EU are just annoying

I don’t quite know what it is, they do things which go against it’s claimed closeness with the AngloSphere alliance

They know full well who our enemies are and how they’re actively working against us

Yet they try to play both sides, wants contracts from Five Eyes, but cooperates with Russia & China on nuclear & defence contracts

It’s a bad position to be in and they’ve found out the hard way that the time for picking a side was 2 years ago arguably 4 or more

NATO should be canned next, it’s become as useless as the UN & WHO… AND, it’ll create a more aggressive Russia in Eastern Europe so the French German and European Union are forced to fking defend themselves

I can’t really say Germany tbh? They’ve sent ONE or TWO ships to the South China Sea, but they all need to do more or Ben over to autocratic regimes and a communist superpower

Honestly, I really don’t trust the French or Germans “completely” anymore there laid back do nothing attitude speaks volumes, to me at least

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join