It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules be damned, your new normal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Senate parliamentarian determined that lawmakers cannot include a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens in a budget reconciliation package, but Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., is pushing the Senate and the Biden administration to do it anyway.

This is a continuing strategy by the Biden administration. We had the SCOTUS rule that the CDC didn't have the authority to impose a rent moratorium, but they did it anyway, to offer some more time to the renters. Breaking the rules, in broad daylight, and under admission, but breaking the rules just the same. Now we have this. Sure Joey hasn't done it yet, but since his best bud Omar is asking/demanding he do this, it's likely this will happen as well.

So we continue to see the erosion of law and order. BLM riots for months on end, no real justice served on any of it., Obama weaponized the DOJ, IC, IRS against conservatives in order to combat Trump, an insignificant lawyer was scolded with a stern voice, and another has pled not guilty, no more arrests have been made. Justice again denied.

At what point will the case be able to be made that rules aren't really all that important? This is the message I'm seeing, and I doubt I'm all alone here. Kids are seeing this, and learning that they can do what they want, and likely nothing will happen. Want some free stuff? Go to San Fran and take what you like, just keep it under a grand.

Is this the legacy you want to have in the history books Democrats? I sure hope so, because that's what's going to be written.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

These POS can not even hide their totalitarian ways.

They act as though they have already tore the constitution up and now proceed to ritually piss all over it.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

At what point will the case be able to be made that rules aren't really all that important?

What more does one need to see to know this has been the case for several years now?

Those horses have long left the barn.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Captain Barbosa - the original democrat

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Have you driven lately?

What exactly is the speed limit anymore?

There are so few cops in a lot of places that most people are basically ignoring the speed limit. I hate to say it, but I do sort of include myself in that. The way to commute is go with the flow, and when the flow is flowing about 10 above ... what do you do? Is it more or less safe to obey the posted limit?

I will say that four drives in a row were impaired by wrecks last week which has to be some kind of new record.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
At some point, something will have to give, either through sacrifice or through agenda. Either or, someone will have to step up and clean house.

I think we need a real life tough as balls, no political affiliation, but a pure Constitutional "Inquisitor".

Basically, someone to light the fire under both parties and abroad.

Fully streamed for all to see.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you ask the Engineers who work in road and highway design, our speed limits are too low on most of our roads and highways. One reason for this is revenue generation another is a false belief in saving fuel and pollution control.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Have you driven lately?

There are so few cops in a lot of places that most people are basically ignoring the speed limit. I hate to say it, but I do sort of include myself in that. The way to commute is go with the flow, and when the flow is flowing about 10 above ... what do you do? Is it more or less safe to obey the posted limit?

I will say that four drives in a row were impaired by wrecks last week which has to be some kind of new record.

I've noticed the same. But, what are cops gonna look like passing out tickets for minor things like a speeding ticket, when they stood by with their hands in their pockets last year watching the left burn and destroy our cities, loot small businesses, and attack their owners. I can't wait for my first interaction just to see what they have to say for themselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I joke about what I would do if I didn't have to worry about rules but the truth is, we made these rules ourselves and did so for good reasons in most cases. I'm not getting on your personally, but if you speak candidly to a highway Patrol officer about speeding, you can hear the reasons they are aggressively after drivers who speed. It's not for the glory, or the money from tickets, (usually) it's because they have seen the end result of speed plus stupid. And the speeder doesn't even need to be the stupid one. But damn if the stupid can't mess up a slice of bread.

We made rules to protect those who can't otherwise protect themselves. If we ignore the rules, we get anarchy. I'm in pretty good shape for the Purge, and already have some folks who look fantastic on that list, but until the rules are gone, no list, no purge.

Trump and the BAMN attitude seems to have been the catalyst to all this. I suppose the crime of electing an outsider really is the most heinous one that could have been perpetrated.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Is it more or less safe to obey the posted limit?

Try having a crash at 70mph, then at 120mph and see which one you go to hospital from, or straight to the morgue from

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy

Is it more or less safe to obey the posted limit?

Try having a crash at 70mph, then at 120mph and see which one you go to hospital from, or straight to the morgue from

Oh, I get that part of more or less safe.

I meant, which is more likely to trigger the crash? Going with the flow or deliberately going much, much slower than then prevailing flow of traffic?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ummm...laws...?

What stinkin laws...?

I've already determined...and implemented...that I'm going to heed the example's that the rule makers so evidently defend...that laws and rules do not apply...

So, I've already given up obeying any of them...

It's the Wild West...so saddle up...

YeeeeeHaaaaw...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good example of the NWO/Democrat Alliance plan to use the Cloward-Piven system breakdown strategy 🤣

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...laws...?

What stinkin laws...?

I've already determined...and implemented...that I'm going to heed the example's that the rule makers so evidently defend...that laws and rules do not apply...

So, I've already given up obeying any of them...

It's the Wild West...so saddle up...

YeeeeeHaaaaw...

YouSir

see, now that's the attitude we all need to adopt. Leaders lead by example. Follow their examples.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nothing unusual here. Government has made it a habit over the last 50 years of criminalizing everything the people do, yet they break major laws everyday with zero regard and zero expectation of repercussions.

Anyone whom still listens to or believes anything this government says is a fool, and nothing more than a useful tool for government designs.

I made it a point many years ago to "obey" anything they say just enough to remain free, otherwise they can go talk to someone else.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just gotta go with the way a motorway (opposite side In those strange countries lol) works….left lane for all traffic unless specifically overtaking……people seem to think that the middle and outer lanes are just to smash your foot on the pedal (going with the flow) until you get up the arse end of another driver so close you can bully him out of the way…

That’s what causes problems, as far as my limited understanding goes

Always in the a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The new normal is . . .

Some rules for you.
Different rules for me.
Maybe.
And if they are inconvenient to me
no rules for thee.
send me more money,
and we will see.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I've noticed the same. But, what are cops gonna look like passing out tickets for minor things like a speeding ticket, when they stood by with their hands in their pockets last year watching the left burn and destroy our cities, loot small businesses, and attack their owners
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
Don't forget Ransack the Capitol. But seriously, It was determined that a pathway to citizenship cannot be included in a reconciliation bill. Does this make you happy? It seems like it does. One senator is trying to get it included, and you have to post about it. One Senator from Michigan trying to help people. Oh the crying shame. Honestly she should probably be out in California or Colorado holding rallys to drum up support for something. Maybe writing laws to close voting stations in rich white districts in Michigan, decreasing voting hours to between 10 am and noon, That would be something you could get behind isnt it?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Just go back and look at how many of Obama's edicts (executive orders), or my slick-haired governor Newsom's edicts, have been overturned by lawsuit as being outside the scope of their authority or just plain illegal to understand that this is the norm, but like you say, they are just more brazen about it now.

I'm not saying that the right doesn't do it, too, but it really seems to be more overreaching and totalitarian when the left does it, and I do believe that it's just their MO on how they use their misguided belief in their hubris to know better than the "common man."

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

But seriously, It was determined that a pathway to citizenship cannot be included in a reconciliation bill. Does this make you happy?

No.
Not until everyone in the US illegally are legally returned to their own country .
I am a US citizen and DO believe in laws .
Unlike others that believe there should be no laws .

Take that back to the playground with you .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join