It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My issues with 007

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Look, I’m sure James Bond is great. He’s awesome so I’ll grant that caveat.

But why don’t we ever hear about 006 or 005?

It’s all about 007!

And what about 001? My research shows that he’s just a great an agent, but has bad skin from childhood acne and his name is Kevin Tinkle. So he gets NO credit even though he’s saved the world a bunch of times also!

And I really feel sorry for 008, he’s just waiting for a job while fixing paper jams in M’s office printer. Just imagine the boredom while ol’ 007 races off and gets all the glory.

It’s time to start paying attention to the long lost 00 agents who get no acknowledgement from anyone.

Rant over.

I don't know but it could be because having him say "Tinkle, Kevin Tinkle" doesn't sound as debonaire and stylish.

No. No, it doesn't. It sounds more like something an old man with dementia might say at the home.

If my prostate was named Kevin, I’d be saying “Tinkle Kevin! Tinkle!”

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just wait until 0019.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hmmm.
DBCowboy, I am disappointed - I might need to pull your TS/SCI clearance...
You need to watch the movies more or read the novels:

- the entire squaq of 00 agents are pictured in the briefing at the start of 1965's Thunderball

- 002 was shot and killed by Scaramanga in 1974's Man with the Golden Gun

- another 002 and 004 are pictured with 007 in the beginning of 1987's The Living Daylights

- Raoul Sylva, a former MI6 agent, may have been a 00 in 2012's Skyfall

I might have missed a couple

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

007 is the public face of MI6 , 001-6 are the real secret agents 007 is just a public relations tool.

Public relations?...or pubic ....

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: crayzeed

Wait till he retires and the next 007 will be Black or god forbid a Black woman.

Black transsexual lesbian with a Black Belt in Social Justice Warriorism.

Which no one will pay money to go see a movie ....death of the 007 Bond franchise....

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Totally agree, there's got to be more agents than the 00s

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz
That's funny considering I just watched Cinemasins do A View to a Kill, and at one point he remarks that the whole plot seems to be strung together by 007's boner in that one.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Should that even be called '007', since it's ALWAYS said as 'OO7'?

(No one ever says 'double-zero-seven')

Also, when you think about it, why are there so many zeroes? Wouldn't "Agent 7" be enough? What are the zeroes (or Os) for anyway?

I mean, that would ONLY make sense, if they have over a thousand agents (which they probably do), and each has an assignation like that. But why don't we ever hear from agent 999 or 1000?

It's kind of limited that we only hear from an arbitrary number, but all the other -at-least- 999 agents are just quietly doing their jobs, undetected.. you know, LIKE A SECRET AGENT SHOULD!

Who the heck works as a secret agent and always advertises their REAL NAME to everyone very loudly?!

Anyway, if this keeps going, I am going to write a really long rant-post about the things that make no sense about James Bond or the movies, etc., but I just wanted to add a couple of points to this possible 'drunk post'.
edit on 21-9-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The issue you've got with 007 is as of nothing. Wait till he retires and the next 007 will be Black or god forbid a Black woman.

Did you have the same "god forbid" attitude when he was Scottish or Australian?

Or is it just skin colour which has you a little shaken and stirred?
edit on 000000p3002America/Chicago930202149 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The other 00's refused to be Vaxxed so they were Let Go, dishonourable discharge and no pension.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join