It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, this is what you get when you annoy UNIONS in AUS..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Here's what appear to be the official document on the matter.

Directions from Acting Chief Health Officer in accordance with emergency powers arising from declared state of emergency

Here's a slice of it. Hooboy. So much for PM Scott Morrison and his 'vaccines will never be mandatory'.

COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions (No 2) Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) Section 200 I, Associate Professor N. Deborah Friedman, Acting Chief Health Officer, consider it reasonably necessary to eliminate or reduce the risk to public health—and reasonably necessary to protect public health—to give the following directions pursuant to section 200(1)(d) of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) (PHW Act):

1 Preamble
(1) The purpose of these directions is to make provision for the introduction of mandatory vaccination for specific workplace industries in order to limit the spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) within the population in these settings.

(2) These directions must be read together with the Directions currently in force.

Daniel Andrews really should start wearing a bullet proof vest and helmet if he goes out into public.
Not sure he understands how many Victorians hate him with a passion right now.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sadly no one really gives a crap. I have tried to explain what is going on in the world to people, their eyes glaze over.

Though I am slowly educating a colleague, on how corrupt the andrews gubment is and brettt Sutton on the I cook food scandal and Dandenong city council.

A couple of days ago he did his research and was shocked by the corruption.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

The prick should practice what he preaches. “If you can work from home you must work from home”.....lol.

The prick needs an armoured van to dictate from.

If he does get killed or dies from unnatural causes, I don’t think anyone will shed a tear.

I will be setting off fireworks.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

It would appear it’s not what you think. The union is not pissed off but the rank and file. The union has apparently agreed with the government to have its members vaccinated. Some in the rank and file are against it.

Doesn’t appear it was exactly a nonviolent protest either as they destroyed the signs outside the building and all the glass windows attempting to get at union officials. The people inside the union offices are using hoses and other airborne projectiles against the crowd.

The rank and file needs to wake up in ALL unions and realize they are only being used to build enormous war chests in order to elect the very people that do not represent their best interest and to line the pockets of union leaders.

Never made much sense to me for the way modern unions operate. Go out on strike to get much deserved pay raises or other benefits only to see union dues rise so any benefits you gained now are only given to the union bosses who in turn support the very people refusing the rank and file the raised benefits.

The same union leaders then rake off a portion for themselves then turn around and give the money right back to the same people who oppose the extra benefit for the rank and file in the form of campaign contributions or under the table kickbacks.

A bit stupid but when people finally realize that the game of politics is nothing but another corporate entity making huge money largely tax free, maybe just maybe there will finally be hell to pay

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Never piss off a union..

most people that post regularly on this site hate unions. Even though they don't know why.

edit on 20-9-2021 by FunshineCD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Never made much sense to me for the way modern unions operate. Go out on strike to get much deserved pay raises or other benefits only to see union dues rise so any benefits you gained now are only given to the union bosses who in turn support the very people refusing the rank and file the raised benefits.

The same union leaders then rake off a portion for themselves then turn around and give the money right back to the same people who oppose the extra benefit for the rank and file in the form of campaign contributions or under the table kickbacks.
a reply to: Superecho2021

So you have links to those "facts" or just your opinion?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: Arnie123
Well we will become social welfare recipients of China....ooops they own most things here anyhow.
SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!

Australian Rambo to the Rescue!
Video: www.youtube.com...

edit on 58095830pm302021Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:58:08 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It seems this is everywhere the unions are agaisnt it but somehow union bosses are for mandatory mandates and vax mandates?

Why are the bosses for it?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

How many stories do you need of union leaders going to jail for corruption ? How many stories do you need of the millions in political donations from unions to the most dominant and supportive political party that supports union platforms prominently each election cycle ?

It’s common sense and rather easy to find stories of union officials caught in stealing money from the unions coffers. Does it mean all union officials are corrupt ? Of course not, but really not hard to find the facts when you look instead of blindly supporting a union that largely cares little about those they represent, if they did we would not still be facing the same issues year after year that unions are supposed to fix.

The average union dues run about ten dollars a week, fourth dollars a month or 400 a year. The average pay raise gained through a union contract is just above 11%. Health care is usually better but paid for by workers with deductibles. Not saying unions are worthless but those contract raises come on average every 5 years but the same problems persist year after year. 400 a year is a lot of money to many, I can negotiate a better raise between me and my boss and keep it

edit on 20-9-2021 by Superecho2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Looks like its kicking off again in Melbourne, could be way bigger than yesterday judging by the numbers forming.

sky news live
edit on 20-9-2021 by kangawoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo
The protest is now on the Westgate freeway, and they are blocking a major highway.

And are crossing the Westgate bridge.

Sadly this is not going to end well.

This morning a construction worker took his own life.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Why were the bosses of the unions so willing for the vax mandates?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Perhaps, they know if workers dont jab they get replaced by willing overseas worker who will jab.

And these unvaxced will be out of jobs, replaced by lower paid workers.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: HawkEyi

Perhaps, they know if workers dont jab they get replaced by willing overseas worker who will jab.

And these unvaxced will be out of jobs, replaced by lower paid workers.

Have you noticed what happens to leaders who refuse to push the jab?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Superecho2021

It would appear it’s not what you think. The union is not pissed off but the rank and file. The union has apparently agreed with the government to have its members vaccinated. Some in the rank and file are against it.

People don't get what a Union is. The people are the Union. Without members, there would be no union.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

I see your point. However this is wrong what union members are doing i do believe cave into the pressure by polticans..

edit on 21-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

I see your point. However this is wrong what union members are doing i do believe cave into the pressure by polticans..

You mean, Union Officials.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well I agree with you but obviously it’s been a really long time since the rank in file was in any way in charge of their own fate. Instead for a shiny few baubles every 5 years they have capitulated that control to a few who really don’t have their best interest at heart

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals
It’s already happening, the Chinese are already doing shoddy work.

This buildindgs spine was fracturing after a short time. I was having a chat to a client who worked on this project.

Mostly skilled visa holders as labourers!!!

www.google.com.au...

Buildings in China are crumbling after 20 years. Made to look ok, but made of paper mache and chicken wire..not literally, but damn close.

ETA..weird font??
edit on 21-9-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

Spineless leaders are useless in any organization.

What good are principles if someone can threaten you into changing them.

President, CEO, or union leader.

And what good is a leader without principles.

None.

I am agreeing with you.

While also poking fun at who ever has been killing those who refuse to be assimilated.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join