It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Strike Teams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Whilst flipping through reddit.(can't sleep again D*mn it!) Came a cross a post about Washington state hiring for covid strike team members. It doesnt sound kosher at all. After doing some digging they really are. The language in the advert sounds very ambiguous. It looks like other states are moving to isolation and quarantine as well. I will continue to dig and see if these ar camps hotels or what.

My gut says hang on, the fireworks might start soon.

Post of the job posting if anyone wants one.

www.governmentjobs.com... m-consultants-ps2-non-permanent-doh5814&tab=1

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
For what it's worth. As a resident of WA that lives in a rural area, and having had an interlude with Covid-19 last September; The (state/county) called me every day to ask if I was able to maintain quarantine for the full duration of 2 weeks. They called every morning around 9-10am asking how I felt and if I needed any supplies such as food/water for them to come drop off at my home. I would like to think these positions are more of the same and not something sinister. I don't necessarily put it past them but I'd like to remain optimistic for as long as I can.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

The duties posted in the Job description :

Duties Include
-Maintaining the readiness of the isolation and quarantine strike team, facilities, and equipment.
-Providing direct services to the public at the I & Q facility to include: check-in, providing technical assistance, -purchasing groceries and supplies for the site and guests, distributing food and resources, assisting with inventory of resources, and ensuring all guests receive excellent customer service.
-Assisting nurses on performing rounds,
-Maintaining facility cleanliness and processing guest laundry.
-Providing guest transport to and from the I & Q facility.
-Prepping the I & Q facility to receive guests, ensuring rooms are stocked and have been properly cleaned.
-Providing outreach, education, and technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not what the title sounds like. These are Quarantine assistants who make sure people in Quarantine can get what they need/want. More like Janitors than anything else
edit on 20-9-2021 by NHow1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
I will continue to dig and see if these ar camps hotels or what.
The three temporary jobs are at the Washington "State Isolation and Quarantine Facility".

www.victoriataft.com...

Lewis County set up the facility, located at the Lakeview Inn in Centralia on May 3, 2021 for “travelers” who have been exposed to Covid.
They leased the hotel from May 2021 to April 2022, but the positions advertised are for 12 months so where the facility will be from May 2022 to Sept 2022 is unclear.

news.yahoo.com...

The state's isolation and quarantine facility is a completely voluntary program that serves travelers, shipping vessel crews, military personnel, Department of Corrections work-release inmates and anyone else who contracts COVID-19 while traveling through or doing business in Washington state.

The site serves infected people in the state who don't fall under jurisdiction of any specific county.

There seem to be some concerns about how all this leasing is getting paid for, where the money is coming from, and lost revenue from lodging taxes that can't be collected while the hotel is leased.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frozte
For what it's worth. As a resident of WA that lives in a rural area, and having had an interlude with Covid-19 last September; The (state/county) called me every day to ask if I was able to maintain quarantine for the full duration of 2 weeks. They called every morning around 9-10am asking how I felt and if I needed any supplies such as food/water for them to come drop off at my home. I would like to think these positions are more of the same and not something sinister. I don't necessarily put it past them but I'd like to remain optimistic for as long as I can.

There's a saying coined by a local "philosopher" in this Mexican town that I live in"

Si quieres vivir días felices
Hazte pendejo y no analices

Cute little rhyming couplet, not easy to translate and maintain the original feel, but it essentially means, If you want happy days, just be an idiot and don't think about anything.

If you look at where things have been, where they are, and where they are clearly headed, there's not much room for your kind of optimism. Sounds to be not like "normalcy bias." Look it up

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is a very nice thing for the state to do. I'm sure the people stuck in quarantine appreciate it very much.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NHow1982

"Guests?" "Customer service?"

You familiar with the word euphemism?"

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Dude, really ? They are in a hotel. These people are providing a extended room-service. So yeah, customer service. The guests of the Quarantine centre may not be there voluntarily but they are guests/patients. This is normal language in the hospitality/medical service world.

These hotels exist all over the western world. Uk has been using them for months. Nothing nefarious going on here other than overreacting to Covid

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NHow1982
a reply to: incoserv

Dude, really ? They are in a hotel.

You know, I'm sure that is what some German citizens said when someone tried to sound the alarm about what was happening to the jews...

join