It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for Sep-Oct 2021 --LEGENDS OF THE FALL-- LF2021 --WINNERS NAMED

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My short story. Just for participation. Not an entry.
Home is where you make it.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thanks for the entry AD, I enjoyed it very much!

PS

I'm trying to figure out some possible glitches here at ATS with a Paragraph formatting situation..
.. by chance were you using a mobile device and then "copy and pasted the story" into the thread?

THX

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the entry AD, I enjoyed it very much!

PS

I'm trying to figure out some possible glitches here at ATS with a Paragraph formatting situation..
.. by chance were you using a mobile device and then "copy and pasted the story" into the thread?

THX

I used my tablet. Wrote the story on my memo then copy / paste.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Appreciate the feedback AD.. the following isn't singling you out... I'm just using the post for everyone as I try to create an alternative to an annoying glitch in the MATRIX (conjecture mine... it could be the Apocalypse for all I know).

Friends, Roman's, ATS Writing Countrymen !
We've discovered that creating your stories on a mobile device and then pasting them into threads/post may lose it's formatting. Spaces between paragraphs disappear, formatting glitches that in the end create's a 'Block of Words'. (BTW this is in all of ATS, not just here in the Stories arena).

So until we can come up with a fix.... were just going to have to try and ride it out 'OLD SCHOOL'.

Once you have copy and pasted your story in the thread, please look it over and confirm that it's properly formatted. You'll only have about 20 minutes with the ability to go in and make corrections, change spelling and 'edit back in' those missing spaces and paragraph's.

Thanks.. and apologies... Lets all do our best to be aware that it does exist and were trying to get ontop of the glitch. And a hearty "Good Luck" if your participating in this cool & cleverly themed Contest (tips hat to AccessDenied)

Johnny

edit on 9/29/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Appreciate the feedback AD.. the following isn't singling you out... I'm just using the post for everyone as I try to create an alternative to an annoying glitch in the MATRIX (conjecture mine... it could be the Apocalypse for all I know).

Friends, Roman's, ATS Writer's !
We've discovered that creating your stories on a mobile device and then pasting them into threads/post may lose it's formatting. Spaces between paragraphs disappear, formatting glitches that in the end create a 'Block of Words'. (BTW this is in all of ATS, not just here in the Stories arena).

So until we can come up with a fix....... were just going to have to try and ride it out 'OLD SCHOOL'.

Once you have copy/pasted your story/post please look it over and confirm that it's properly formatted. You'll only have about 20 minutes before your ability to go in your thread-posts and do corrections and edit back in those missing spacing and paragraph's.

Thanks.. and apologies... Lets all do our best to be aware and ontop of it, and "Good Luck" if your participating in this cool & cleverly themed Contest (tips hat to AccessDenied)

Johnny

Thanks for this. To be fair everything on my screen looked ok, only when posted I could see that it wasn't and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Thanks for this. To be fair everything on my screen looked ok, only when posted I could see that it wasn't and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I have no doubt in my mind that everyone that has submitted entries (or a posted elsewhere) had a WTH moment when they caught it.

Anyway...

We'll muck through all these glitches as sooner or later "this too will pass".

The downside is that we need to help remind others that there's nothing much more we can do than try and 're-edit' what ever is pasted. I've been using that preview feature like crazy so i can see areas I might have missed while composing the original text/story/post.

We just updated the Overview & Rules of the Contest (on this thread) to reflect the current situation. It's an annoyance... but we''ll move forward as we always try and do!

Good Luck Writers!
Johnny

edit on 9/30/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

A little story near and dear:

Here

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hello, I have just joined ATS and have just begun posting. Is the short story contest also for people who have 20 posts in other topics? I would like to join the contest, but don't think I can yet post a new topic in the Short Stories thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedKaliBlack
Hello, I have just joined ATS and have just begun posting. Is the short story contest also for people who have 20 posts in other topics? I would like to join the contest, but don't think I can yet post a new topic in the Short Stories thread.

Hi! Welcome. It doesn't take long to get 20 posts. Looking forward to your story!

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Okay, thanks. (One more post gained... ;-) )a reply to: AccessDenied

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RedKaliBlack

Hi RedKaliBlack and welcome!

One way to rack up 20 posts easily is to make a thread to introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 30 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks. Still breaking myself in. a reply to: argentus

edit on 30-9-2021 by RedKaliBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Finally mustered the courage to try again. Be gentle please. I R beginner

Here it is

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some really fine creations so far....

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Are we halfway yet?

Feels like a good time to wish all the latest entries good luck ...

... And remind anyone who hasn't read it, to check out one of my entries 😊👍

The Princess and the Dragon

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
OK folks...

We started a new Month and were about at the point where we need to remind you that you can submit several stories in our competition. Of course only one of your entries can win, but your also increasing your odds of winning.

Besides...

edit on 10/3/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I always found the acronym game threadto be a good booster to get the postcount up and you get to learn plenty of new vocabulary

For the contest there is a thought forming a story coming then in the last stretch I'm like....there must be a better story...
Sort of stuck....

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... Layla is pregnant

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

LF2021 Chapter 4 www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I had a bit of time and just went through and re-read the current stories. Boy you folks can sure whip out some interesting stuff to consume, swallow and visualize. Really great stuff!

I'm hoping some of you folks will consider offering us some more 'tasty tidbits' for us to consume, they really are quite clever. I am reminded back to the Oliver Twist story; "Please, Sir, I Want Some More."

And you know... if you submit 'a morsel' for us to 'chew on', then you won't have to endure a story from 'yours truly'. I'm not a writer, but I can write up a (pretty decent) 'bad story' for you all to say "what the heck was he thinking".

Please.. for the love of all humanity.. don't make me do it... please, gives us another story to read.

Pleading...
Johnny

edit on 10/4/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join