It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine big cats in the Smithsonian Institution's National Zoo test positive for COVID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Presumptive positive the headline meant to say.

After showing signs of coughing, sneezing and a lack of appetite, nine big cats at the Smithsonian Institution's National Zoo in D.C. tested positive for COVID-19.

On Friday, the Smithsonian said six African lions, a Sumatran tiger and two Amur tigers exhibited symptoms and tested presumptive positive for COVID-19. The final results are expected in the next few days, the Smithsonian said on its website.

"All lions and tigers are being treated with anti-inflammatories and anti-nausea medication to address discomfort and decreased appetite. In addition, all are being treated with antibiotics for presumptive secondary bacterial pneumonia. They remain under close observation," the zoo said on its website. [Source]

I've heard some dogs and some cats may have also tested positive as well over the last 18 months or so. CDC is saying transmission to humans is low risk

What You Should Know about COVID-19 and Pets

Many mammals, including cats, dogs, bank voles, ferrets, fruit bats, hamsters, mink, pigs, rabbits, racoon dogs, tree shrews, and white-tailed deer can be infected with the virus.

This really sucks and is not good news if starts getting more common. I believe they said they were planning on vaccinating the animals in DC.

Wonder if this might cause more variants. Too tired to look tonight.

Also a a tiger at the Bronx Zoo a year ago.

And this week 18 of 20 gorillas at the Atlanta Zoo. They're on a waiting list for vaccines.

[Link]

Apparently this happened in Hyderabad, India, back in may as well. They believe it was human to animal transmission.

edit on 19-9-2021 by GravitySucks because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Animal reservoir.

Just take these miracle injections, because your government cares about you. They are here to help. Just as soon as everybody is injected, we will be safe. Covid will disappear

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would not attempt to put a swab up the nose of a house cat much less a big cat. I thank it might be safer grabbing a running chainsaw.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ironic that they're being treated with anti-inflammatories and antibiotics when human covid patients are denied this previously standard treatment.

rumble.com...

edit on 20-9-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Do they test every animal for COVID? How bizarre

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Its a good thing they were all double vaxxed or the outcome could have been fatal.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I saw this video yesterday. I found it interesting.
Probably because he hit on some of the same thoughts I had after I first heard the story.

Are they coming for your pets next?

They are hitting us from every angle. Some people are willing to do for animals what they would never do for a person.

"You are killing grandma", didn't work for that lot, so they are going for the, "You are killing Fido", angle.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Apparentlyfor the gorillas in Atlanta, they're waiting for Zoetis vaccine.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

LOL!

At this point all I can do is laugh.

Odd how this began after the vaccines were all rolled out and only the vaccinated can have contact with these animals as every zoo I know requires their workers that deal with animals to be vaccinated.

In Atlanta, it was a vaccinated employee who gave it to the gorillas. I made a thread on it.

Tell me again how shedding doesn't occur.

We should be quarantining the vaccinated at this point.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Read that too about the worker fully vaccinated and wearing PPE.

Also, forgot to mention that I despise zoos.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Apparentlyfor the gorillas in Atlanta, they're waiting for Zoetis vaccine.

Can't find anything on the makeup of it, but how much you want to bet it isn't mRNA based?

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Someone should start a "Quarantine the vaccinated to save our animals" movement. It would be the ultimate in irony and would have gangbusters gofundme donations.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Someone should start a "Quarantine the vaccinated to save our animals" movement. It would be the ultimate in irony and would have gangbusters gofundme donations.

Quarantine the unvaccinated animals.

Which is like, all of nature.

lol

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Quarantine the unvaccinated animals.

Which is like, all of nature.

lol

I mean it only makes sense right? Social distance all of them to flatten the curve! Save the animals! Mask up!

LOL...this should throw a bit of irony in the narrative.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

It would cost almost nothing, like she said.
This is why phizer is working to make an ivermectin that is just different enough to patent and get their royalties.
To hell with the masses, there's profit to be made.

top topics

join