It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close can you get to a Microwave Oven before your brain buzzes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I’ve known for a long time not to stay near the microwave when it’s running or my brain litterally buzzes.
Earlier today I purposely stayed about 3 feet away for maybe 20 seconds. It’s hard to explain the feeling but it’s really weird. It’s like a......buzzzzing.
A bit later I decided to hit the interwebs for info.
I kind of wished I hadn’t, now I think we need to toss it.

Here is some info I found from Health Science Research and a link to it.

The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking

SUMMARY

Ten Reasons not to Use Your Microwave Oven

Based on Swiss, Russian and German clinical studies.

Reason #1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing brain tissue]

The article goes through all 10 reasons and they are creepy/scary!

The link to the article below

health-science.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

About the only thing in your link that is correct is the grammar.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Interesting. Sometimes, I stand inches away and my brain doesn't buzz. But I'm just nuking coffee. I don't eat any processed foods, especially stuff made to be nuked.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I already hated microwaves...now Ido even more.
Think it might become a range target.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing brain tissue]

I've been using a microwave since I was about 15 and ........wait....what were we we taking about ?
edit on 19-9-2021 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Do you have a link to any explanation of why this is bad other then ‘we say so’? Just asking.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Im regularly punt mine face onto onto the door and to watch my pocorn pop pop.
Me seen no problem far so.

It's probably lichtenburgering your brain.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My old microwave used to make the radio ten or so feet away start buzzing. (it got static)

I knew then time for a new one. Haven't noticed anything since. I usually just use it for nachos or late night snacks before bed..
edit on 9/19/2021 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

Also my cat (rip, just got put down a few weeks ago) hated the microwave; we found her on a bridge in the city at a few weeks old, turned her into a suburban cat til around 12.
edit on 9/19/2021 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Let's ask Mr.Owl
Ah One
Ah 2
Ah 3

Wait , that was how many licks does it take to get to the center of a "Tootsie Roll Pop"
edit on 9/19/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The world may never know.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

So sorry about your cat! I was so bummed when I had to put my buddy down. He was an orange tabby, the coolest cat I’ve ever known! He was a rescue kitten. I found on a little island about 10 miles off the coast here. How he got there is a forever mystery.

The first microwaves that affected me where in the Restaurant Sambo’s.
Remember them?
I was a cook there during my senior year in high school. Industrial grade, no buttons just a timer dial.
When both were running it was really uncomfortable to be behind that counter they sat under.
It was like my brain was vibrating in it’s bucket.
I once saw a video, many years ago where some sailors on a destroyer, missile cruiser, 🤷‍♂️ put a chicken on this long bamboo pole and raised up in front of the array.
Immediately it began to sizzle and smoke.
When they brought it down it was just this smoking hot mess.
When they tore it apart the bones were even cracked and the flesh looked mummified.
So, what gives, are we idiots to have them in our homes?
Prolly....
Now I’m looking at my phone as I type, it vibrates too.
But that’s a slide, a subject for another thread

Have a good night!!!’

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: !

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
I’ve known for a long time not to stay near the microwave when it’s running or my brain litterally buzzes.
Earlier today I purposely stayed about 3 feet away for maybe 20 seconds. It’s hard to explain the feeling but it’s really weird. It’s like a......buzzzzing.
A bit later I decided to hit the interwebs for info.
I kind of wished I hadn’t, now I think we need to toss it.

Here is some info I found from Health Science Research and a link to it.

The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking

SUMMARY

Ten Reasons not to Use Your Microwave Oven

Based on Swiss, Russian and German clinical studies.

Reason #1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing brain tissue]

The article goes through all 10 reasons and they are creepy/scary!

The link to the article below

health-science.com...

This hits close to home for me. I was a microwave tech in Viet Nam in the army...just remember there are microwave weapons used as less than lethal, but can be lethal.I would never have a microwave in my house.....the older ones had seals that leaked and the buzzing you mentioned could be from that. I have experienced what you did....buzzing. Also, I try to stay away from food cooked in a microwave. I know it sounds irrational, but hey.....most people think the vaccines are safe too !.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Thanks! I know what I feel.
I’ve worked for years as a chief engineer, mate, skipper aboard offshore commercial fishing boats

Whenever me or anyone went atop the wheelhouse I ALWAYS secured the radar.

Electromagnetic radiation broadcasters of any kind is a thing to stay away from.
Especially atop a wheel house where the radar beam fires right through you at the height of your junk.

My wife and I have just tonight decided to toss out microwave and get a toaster oven. They did work fine before nuking food was a cool yet “lazy” way of heating things.

Hey, I thank you for your service!!!

Cheers.......😎

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Got a cell phone? Same thing. Bluetooth headsets in all day?

Yep

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   

When was this first published ? It references nothing later than 1989 and it totally reads like something out of the nineties.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I smoosh my face right into the door, because I'm lazy and won't clean the glass as often as I should. and I need to know when the cheese has melted and not become part of the microwave.

The only buzzing I hear is from the device itself. The magentron emits particles that can't get out of those pesky holes in the mesh.

One day, when I find out why I can't have kids, I'll tell them why.. O.o

Seriously, after 40 years of it, I've not developed anything but a penchant for nuked pizza.. bad I know, but you just can't heat it any other way and retain the semblance of it once ever having been pizza.

new topics

top topics

join